Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desaru golf

Go down 
+3
freedrop
kuan
golfcoma
7 posters
AuthorMessage
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 2:51 pm

I heard that Desaru will be closed for good from August 25, 2010. Does anyone have any further details about that?
Back to top Go down
kuan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kuan

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:29 pm

yes, new management taking over. They will revamp the 18 holes + add another 9 holes.
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:02 pm

So, what's going to happen to the old members? My mom is a member. She received a notice of closure of the club and termination of membership. However, we haven't been able to get a hold of anyone there.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:37 pm

kuan wrote:
yes, new management taking over. They will revamp the 18 holes + add another 9 holes.

I just heard from friends in Kota Tinggi that it will be closed for good. The whole area will be re-developed but golf course will be gone. NOt sure how true is it. By next year, the Senai Desaru highway E22 will be fully opened and it will take only 20 mins to get there from JB so what a waste.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:04 pm

also heard..........they are 'putting to sleep' the golf course.....sigh...
Back to top Go down
dystopia
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:06 pm

u guys drive up?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Thats a shame, its a Robert Trent Jones course, fantastic layout.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:33 pm

However, another friend of mine (formerly director.shareholder of Sebana Golf) told me this morning that Desaru is only closing for renovation. It will be better when it re-opens again, not sure when. Sebana GC also now under major facelift, fairways and greens are being renovated. I believe this is to prepare for influx of Singaporean golfers once the bridge over Johor River is completed and the new E22 will link JB to Desaru within 20 minutes. See link : http://www.e22.com.my/The-Map.html
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:51 am

I think there will be a new 27 holes Ernie Els course coming up soon as well as another Vijay Singh 18 holes course

http://www.golfbusinesscommunity.com/article/ernie_els_design_breaks_ground_in_malaysia

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Desaru golf Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desaru golf   Desaru golf I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desaru golf
Page 1 of 1