Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Pelz Short Game System

Go down 
+12
Ssquirrel
nientsu
S70B
G_Man
weesern
DGman
mervyntan
kinkipet
slinger
ultraman
SC
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AXIV
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Dave Pelz Short Game System - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Short Game System   Dave Pelz Short Game System - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
DGman wrote:
malcolm.... look at ETW putting arch...its a gate arch...take it inside, open the gate and close the gate. Phil Mickelson is Dave Pelz walking advertisement and uses the SB-ST putting stroke, hence the napa style putter which complements the type of puttting stroke.

DGman

Pelz has some excellent research and statistics in his books however the SB - ST putting stroke is not what I would recommend. The putting stroke is just a mini golf swing with a different club. You are trying to make the ball go in a straight line, just as you are with a driver. You dont swing a driver SB- ST so I don not believe your putter should do that either. If you try this method of SB- ST you will find that the face of the putter will close and deloft on the backswing, then it must re open and reloft to get back to impact, sounds very complicated. Tiger is on the money, the arc with face staying square to the arc is what I prefer to see. Stan Utley teaches this method. Last I heard Pelz was getting away from the SB-ST and more into arc. Does anyone know?

The sooner the better. golf is a side on game and requires an arc to swing the Driver, irons, and putter. The SB ST method does not work due to our body sructure. The shoulders do not move like a see saw. They rotate around your spine. Too many golfers try to putt with shoulders working under and not around. Watched my Dad work with scott barr last week.. They workrd on the shoulders rotating around. Scott finished 5th in Bruini last week. Said he putted great.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Short Game System   Dave Pelz Short Game System - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:26 pm

does Phil still using SB-ST?? tot he is using an arch from his video...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Short Game System   Dave Pelz Short Game System - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:33 pm

He doesn't. Mentioned in an interview b4 that he still does the arc or gated stroke. I believe Pelz helped in other aspects of his short game and also work on his green reading and aim.
Back to top Go down
SC
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
SC

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Short Game System   Dave Pelz Short Game System - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:26 pm

I also read Dave Pelz’s putting bible and was going to practice and adopt the SB ST style of putting, however due to the controversial issues my commitment was shaken.

But I have benefited from other topics in the book such as the preshot routine and the emphasis on “distance is more important then line”, also hitting the ball on the upswing and importance of ball striking. Not forgetting to keep the putter head still end of the up swing and learn from the feedback by watching the ball roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Pelz Short Game System   Dave Pelz Short Game System - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Pelz Short Game System
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2