Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes?   Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:02 pm

Sure is!

The first time I met Jamie Kureluk was on the first tee of an Alberta PGA tournament at the Carnmoney Golf Club in Calgary Alberta, in western Canada, about 4 years ago. I remember thinking to myself "who's the new guy", because I had never heard of him and it was the first time he was playing in an Alberta PGA event.
On the first hole, Jamie hit a fairway bunker shot to about 2 inches and tapped in for birdie. During the round we got to know each other and I learned that he had spend the previous few years playing the Canadian Tour and the Dakotas Tour down in the States. By the end of the day, Jamie had carded a 65 and won the tournament.

Over the next few years, we would play together once in a while and cross paths at all of the tournaments and various Alberta PGA events. Jamie continued to win tournaments and become one of the top players in the Canadian PGA.

This year, a the end of May, on that exact same golf course Carnmoney, Jamie made competetive golf history. He tells the story about how he started the round with a 4 putt on the 3rd hole for double bogey, found himself 2 over par after 8 holes, then birdied 9, then made 7 birdies and 2 eagles on the back 9 for a inward score of 11 under par 25, and a course record 61.

The previous 9 hole scoring record was 26, held by Corey Paven at the 2006 U.S. Bank Championship on a par 34 nine

Jamie has ambitions of playing on the PGA Tour and will be attempting to make it throught the difficult stages of PGA Tour Qualifying School this year.

A great guy and a great player!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradfordprogolf.com
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes?   Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:27 pm

Fwah! great stuff.

Before reading the details I thought Mandai EC was the answer to this "trick question"
Back to top Go down
PassionOfGolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
PassionOfGolf

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes?   Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Great Information :-)
Thanks for sharing punkrockpga
Back to top Go down
http://www.tourstage.com
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes?   Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 7:43 am

I don't know about you guys, but i'm starting to become a fan of punkrockpga's postings. Way ta go! Smile

p.s. punkrockpga, are you from Canada? I'll be making my second trip to Vancouver probably next month, and among the courses I've lined up is Furry Creek in BC. Any other recommendations of breathtaking scenery courses around the area? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes?   Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:16 am

I thou that my score of 29 at the executive was the best pig Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes?   Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to shoot 25 on 9 holes?
Page 1 of 1