Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?

Go down 
+2
sunny
aaliz2011
6 posters
AuthorMessage
aaliz2011
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? Empty
PostSubject: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi all, newbie in golf republic ~

Hope to learn and made new friends in golf republic cat

I have been practicing at OCC driving range for 3 months, i think it would be good to take up lessons to correct my postures and swing.

I am tempted to sign up for MGK academy 1-2 pax beginner pax and to obtain their PC so as i can play in Marina Bay Golf Course and Orchid Country Club. I hear that currently they are giving away #7 iron package in july for FREE ~ Razz

any 1 know any coach @ MGK academy to recommend ??

Regards

aaliz

Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Alan Chang and Jack Solomon from our forum are actually coaches there.

Drop them a msg Smile
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Woot, i just finished my lessons at the marina side. U get ur pc and lets go play Smile i should be applying for MGK membership soon.
Back to top Go down
aaliz2011
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:57 pm

sunny wrote:
Alan Chang and Jack Solomon from our forum are actually coaches there.

Drop them a msg Smile

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your reply Sunny~ You are really friendly ~ Do you know the coach @ MGK Academy?
Maybe you will know any academy offering any special promotion or you would recommend ?Surprised

Cheers

Aaliz
Back to top Go down
aaliz2011
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 1:59 pm

aural wrote:
Woot, i just finished my lessons at the marina side. U get ur pc and lets go play Smile i should be applying for MGK membership soon.

Hi Aural,

Oh you took up lesson @ marina, care to share how was the lessons ?? Not so soon in getting PC, haven't even start any lessons yet Smile

Anyway, from what i see, MGK membership is actually reasonable and they offer special promotion for sign up and organize monthly medal and member night for members every month.

Was practicing @ OCC last Tuesday and they have event @ OCC driving range , seem quite fun ~

You can check out their website for more information :

http://www.mygolfkaki.com/highlights/highlights.aspx alien

aaliz cat
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:25 pm

U dun need to be mgk member to take lessons.

Lesson wise very structured which I am happy since I'm a total beginner.

I was given

1. Basic setup (grip, setup and swing)
2. Swing analysis
3. Swing correction
4. Woods and driver training
5. Chipping lesson
6. Bunker and putting lesson
7. Theory lesson
8. Walk thru of course.

All these are in it's order of lesson.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:33 pm

hmmm.....' Total beginner '.......nice term

yours sincerely

Just me 'D' (Seasoned beginner)
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:48 pm

aaliz,

i do not know the coaches very well except the two on our forum.

Alan is quite knowledgeable and helpful here on the forum and you can have a chat with him to see if he is suitable for you.

I heard quite a bit about Jack as well. You could talk to him too.

Unfortunately, mgk academy is quite new and I do not know who else is coaching there.

But basically, do have a chat with them and see what is their style of coaching.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
marko
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:17 pm

aaliz2011 wrote:

I have been practicing at OCC driving range for 3 months, i think it would be good to take up lessons to correct my postures and swing.

I am tempted to sign up for MGK academy 1-2 pax beginner pax and to obtain their PC so as i can play in Marina Bay Golf Course and Orchid Country Club. I hear that currently they are giving away #7 iron package in july for FREE ~ Razz

Regards

aaliz

Hi i am also planning to take up my lesson at OCC and waiting for MGK to form a class of 3 - 4. You keen to form form a class with me.

Back to top Go down
aaliz2011
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:13 pm

sunny wrote:
aaliz,

i do not know the coaches very well except the two on our forum.

Alan is quite knowledgeable and helpful here on the forum and you can have a chat with him to see if he is suitable for you.

I heard quite a bit about Jack as well. You could talk to him too.

Unfortunately, mgk academy is quite new and I do not know who else is coaching there.

But basically, do have a chat with them and see what is their style of coaching.

Hi Sunny,

Thank for your recommendation Smile

I have sign up with MGK Academy already Razz

Regards

aaliz

Back to top Go down
aaliz2011
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:17 pm

aural wrote:
U dun need to be mgk member to take lessons.

Lesson wise very structured which I am happy since I'm a total beginner.

I was given

1. Basic setup (grip, setup and swing)
2. Swing analysis
3. Swing correction
4. Woods and driver training
5. Chipping lesson
6. Bunker and putting lesson
7. Theory lesson
8. Walk thru of course.

All these are in it's order of lesson.

Hi aural,

Thanks you for sharing on the structure for your lessons.

Hopefully i enjoy the art of golfing Smile Kinda of excited for my upcoming lessons.

aaliz

Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Congrats on ur journey bro aaliz . I'm somewhat similar to u. As in I'd been practicing at OCC range
for ~2mths before signing up at OCC MGK academy for lessons. Just finished 4th lessons last Sunday,
and I'm with Jack. Nice friendly guy, and I personally like his style. Cos he is more of a 'power' style,
as in he wants his students to go for distance 1st n accuracy 2nd as in the latter can be corrected with
time; which I agree. This are my own thoughts cos I do not have e chance to ask around about other
OCC MGK coaches.
Back to top Go down
aaliz2011
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:41 pm

marko wrote:
aaliz2011 wrote:

Regards

aaliz

Hi i am also planning to take up my lesson at OCC and waiting for MGK to form a class of 3 - 4. You keen to form form a class with me.

Hi Marko ~

I have already signed up with alan chang with 1 of my friend and they really give out a Taylor made 7 iron each for 1-2 pax sign up, so you might consider cherry

Alternatively, you can go down to OCC and made inquiry, they do provide pairing service if you are looking @ 3-4 pax and the staffs there are pretty friendly Smile

Hope to see you around Marko ~

aaliz

Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Just to add on, u r right aaliz, on the pairing part. I also went down and put my name alone. They
managed to form up a class of 3 pax together within 1 week. Considered quite fast liao. hehe
Back to top Go down
marko
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:53 am

aaliz2011 wrote:
marko wrote:
aaliz2011 wrote:

Regards

aaliz

Hi Marko ~

I have already signed up with alan chang with 1 of my friend and they really give out a Taylor made 7 iron each for 1-2 pax sign up, so you might consider cherry

Alternatively, you can go down to OCC and made inquiry, they do provide pairing service if you are looking @ 3-4 pax and the staffs there are pretty friendly Smile

Hope to see you around Marko ~

Great will will sign up for that too...see you around.

aaliz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?   any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

any coach to recommend @ MGK Academy?
Page 1 of 1