Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP

Go down 
+4
nientsu
Duval_S
missmoon
kevlee69
8 posters
AuthorMessage
kevlee69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kevlee69

Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP Empty
PostSubject: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Dear all,
I just discovered this website and am enjoying it. This is my first post and I would like to get some advice. I am a 21 HCP and I need more help with my driver and second shot. As I am already 38, I am not looking for someone who is going to break down my entire swing and reconstruct it, but rather someone who can work with my swing and hopefully adapt it accordingly. Would appreciate if it is someone who works in one of the eastern driving ranges and who is friendly and approachable. Thanks in advance !
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi keylee69,

We have a list of pros on the forum, you can pay them a visit and see if their teaching style suits you.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/ask-the-pro-f17/golf-professionals-contact-details-t767.htm

And, Welcome to Golf Republic Smile

Regards,
Moon
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi Bro KevLee,
Welcome to the forum.....I am a bit past 38year old (ok lah...way past 38 liao)..... long long had been adopting live and let live.......with my swing.....

totally encourage you to seek one of the pros here .....
Back to top Go down
kevlee69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kevlee69

PostSubject: Re: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm

missmoon wrote:
Hi keylee69,

We have a list of pros on the forum, you can pay them a visit and see if their teaching style suits you.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/ask-the-pro-f17/golf-professionals-contact-details-t767.htm

And, Welcome to Golf Republic Smile

Regards,
Moon

Thanks ! Will definitely need their help to improve my game. Realised there is no point using the same swing to hit ball after ball on the range without someone pointing out my major flaws. Cheers !
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Go to Alan Kelly...he is good...
Back to top Go down
morganoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:50 pm

nientsu wrote:
Go to Alan Kelly...he is good...

I'm also interested in looking for instructor.
(I'm going to attend twice per week for 1-2 years, so looking for a Long term instructor)
and I'm dead serious about bring my handicap down to low single digit (if I am capable of doing so)

so is this Alan Kelly good or the Paul from Right Hand Swing better.

can any one advice me as well?
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:55 pm

well speak to the both of them and find out what they are like and the teaching methods they have to offer. i'd be more than happy to answer any queries you might have as well.
Back to top Go down
RegiT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:05 pm

kevlee69, i also your age and use to think just not reconstruct swing..I tried many coaches and never seen much improvement. I tried Paul from RSS and only way to improve my faults was to change from my natural swing. I am glad I did as I am now from 10 to 6 h/cap. I now realise that to change ball flight and swing path, must change swing. There are no quick and easy fixes. I don't think u can just adapt. This would be more a band aid solution. Good luck with the search.
Most coaches offer free trial so go see Paul, Alan or Jhan and u will get a good idea. Some coaches work better for some than others
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 pm

if you are picky about your coach, why not ring them up or visit them and watch them coaching or see if they offer trial lessons.

Tell them your goals, problems, ask them how their lessons are like, structure, and of course price. decide for yourself then, some style/method of instruction suits you whilst others may not.

good luck in your search!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP   Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coach To Recommend for 21 HCP
Page 1 of 1