Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4D 3N Bandung

Go down 
+3
skybobo
golf_snowman
whisky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
whisky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:31 am

Just returned from Bandung, played 2 courses Giri Gahana and Mountain View. At 800m above sea level, weather was fantastic (day temp at mountain around 25C) and humidity a very comfortable 50%.

Giri Gahana -
1 hour drive from Bandung; beautiful scenery and very well maintained golf course. Fairways wide,greens in immaculate condition (not too fast) ; trees are short so did not lose any balls. Shot 95 ( 18 handicapper ) cos got many double bogeys to go with my 4 pars.

Mountain View -
20 minutes drive from Bandung ; scenery wise also good ( overlooking Bandung city). Only girl caddies available and all of them were beautiful ! cyclops Course well maintained and relatively new , and boy its much tougher than Giri. Many narrow fairways and got 4 or 5 holes you tee to an elevation drop of 30 to 40 metres. Signature par 3 was breathtaking. Lost 4 balls due to wayward drives but round saved by caddie's excellent green reading (many one putts). Started my round 8 over for first 3 holes (double, quardruple, double) but still managed to come home with 92 .

Besides golf lots of "factory outlet" shopping centres are available, food wise is so so, and traffic is chaotic. Package costs about $1040 per golfer and quotes obtained from various tour agents were pretty similiar.

Overall a nice place to golf due to the cool weather. Cool

Last edited by whisky on Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:34 am

bro..

since u say caddies were beautiful..then next thing is Picture !!...haha !!
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:39 am

Bro Whisky, this is a place which I heard so much.
Can u tell me or pm me the contact of your tour agent?
Does ur agent arrange everything from flight to hotel to golf or u have to do seperate arrangement?

Is there direct flight to bandung or u need to transfer?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
andslm
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:45 am

go bandung, must go "makan" also Smile many good food there Smile
Back to top Go down
whisky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am

Aiya go with wifey lah, me and my friend and our wives. How to take picture.

But caddies very "friendly" from what I observed from other flights.
Back to top Go down
whisky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:54 am

skybobo wrote:
Bro Whisky, this is a place which I heard so much.
Can u tell me or pm me the contact of your tour agent?
Does ur agent arrange everything from flight to hotel to golf or u have to do seperate arrangement?

Is there direct flight to bandung or u need to transfer?
Thanks.

I got a few quotes and all quotes are similiar. Finally opted for "Golfhub" ; you can get more info on them from the net. They arrange everything and package includes guide and driver for all 4 days.

Only Airasia flies directly to Bandung (daily flights) ; but the flights are noon so you practically lose the first and last day. Morning flights by other airlines goes Jakarta so if you opt for that its another 3 to 4 hrs land journey from Jakarta to Bandung so back to square one.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:58 am

Thank you Bro Whisky for the info.
I will go find out the rest.
This is a good place cos me and wife can go golf and shopping and most impt.....under good climate

err....just asking huh, the factory outlets sell genuine stuff?
Back to top Go down
whisky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:02 am

andslm wrote:
go bandung, must go "makan" also Smile many good food there Smile

Food I find so so only; guide recommend Sudanese food. Chickens ( real chickens hor ) are tasty and tender maybe because the source are kampung chickens not farms. Not much choice for fish and everywhere we see "Gourami" on the menu.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:05 am

Factory outlets don't sell genuine stuff btw. They're generic items mostly.

I'm a regular at Mountain view golf course. Everytime I go Bandung, I'll play there. Narrow fairways, cliff/jungle awaits if your shot is waywards, and nice weather too....

For makan places, it's really nice. Lots of traditional local, chinese, ethnic foods could be found there. Next time anyone go Bandung, I could give you some nice places to eat...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
whisky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:12 am

skybobo wrote:
Thank you Bro Whisky for the info.
I will go find out the rest.
This is a good place cos me and wife can go golf and shopping and most impt.....under good climate

err....just asking huh, the factory outlets sell genuine stuff?

Donno whether outlet stuff are genuine, but all made in Indonesia. Branded polo shirts costs around 100,000 rupiah which is about S$15.

If you fly Airasia, take note that the "excess baggage" charges that is built into the costs charged by agency does NOT cover golf bags. Golf bags are charged separately at the airport at S$25 per bag one way.
Back to top Go down
whisky
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:08 pm

http://www.girigahanagolf.com/golf/index.php
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Bro dave. Is hotel trio still serving good chinese food?

I almost never miss visiting below makan place in bandung:
- steak: tizi at jl kidang pananjung
- indon noodle: warung lela at dago atas
- sundanese: sajian sambara at jl sultan agung
- lotek: jl kalipah apo
- ice cream: Rasa at jl tembong (??)
- yoghurt/snacking: jl cisangkuy
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:10 pm

For you guys who never trried play in Mountain View ..pls do..very interesting course and tight...short & tight.
Good iron player will score here..i love this course as the view also very nice, wheather also good for golfer...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

4D 3N Bandung Empty
PostSubject: Re: 4D 3N Bandung   4D 3N Bandung I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4D 3N Bandung
Page 1 of 1