Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats the real loft of your driver?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Whats the real loft of your driver? Empty
PostSubject: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:26 am

Many of us buy off the shelf Drivers, and most of the manufacturers have a lower stamped loft on their drivers than the true loft of it, most of it is attributed to manufacturing tolerance, some brands have tighter tolerance which is .5*-1.5*, some have higher tolerance which varies from 1*-3*. Have you check your driver's true loft?

I measured my G15 loft when i switch shafts recently, since i already more or less felt that the 10.5 loft is probably optimistic and the true loft is probably closer to 12*, i was proven right when fitter told me that the loft is 12.5*. Some of us here, buy tour equipments which have a tighter tolerance and more stringent quality control on MOI, COR and of course Loft, hence the true loft of the driver face is closer to the stamped loft.

Have you check your driver loft?

Note: i am comfortable with the current loft of my driver, as i am not a long hitter by any means, having a higher loft means i am also probably getting better distance as opposed to using a low lofted driver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 pm

Why need to check if you can hit it? albino
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:32 pm

for me, i was just curious while changing the shaft on my club.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:38 pm

EH, how to measure true loft of driver? BFG can do it? And if the True loft differs from the stamp loft, can go back to shop and demand a refund??? Just curious
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:41 pm

I did mine at BFG last sat, i am not sure if u can demand any sort of refund, unless its not made within manufacturing tolerance, best to check this with the store.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Did you also measure dynamic loft? like what is your loft/ angle of attack?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:44 pm

THanks for the info eiji. So those who want to keep your ball low and change to 8.5deg driver, better have the loft of your driver check cos maybe its your loft that is wrong instead of the shaft or your swing.....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:59 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:

yeah ideally for a driver it should be 14-15* launch angle with 2500-3000 spin. i have a steep angle of attack and hence the additional loft of my current driver helps a bit, still dynamic loft is something a swing coach can fix.

i am bringing this up, just for everyone to be more aware that whatever is stamped on the driver head may not be the actual loft, perhaps brand XX has 10.5 stamped but true loft is 11 and brand YY has 9 stamped but true loft 10.5, etc.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I have a bad grip problem......and coupled with itchy wristy wrist.....my loft of my driver changes fm hole to hole.....
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:35 pm

eiji wrote:
Ssquirrel wrote:

yeah ideally for a driver it should be 14-15* launch angle with 2500-3000 spin. i have a steep angle of attack and hence the additional loft of my current driver helps a bit, still dynamic loft is something a swing coach can fix.

i am bringing this up, just for everyone to be more aware that whatever is stamped on the driver head may not be the actual loft, perhaps brand XX has 10.5 stamped but true loft is 11 and brand YY has 9 stamped but true loft 10.5, etc.

Are those numbers on the PGA chart that i see on the wall of the den???
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:42 pm

can't remember where i read that, maybe Den's wall or maybe Trackman Newsletter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the real loft of your driver?   Whats the real loft of your driver? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats the real loft of your driver?
Page 1 of 1