Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

how to maximise distance off the Driver ?

Go down 
+26
DGman
S70B
Khorkar
samT
shotah
ultraman
rocky
tronos
jaketang
Dstruc
weesern
Duval_S
golf_snowman
Right_sided_coach
benhogan
mUAr_cHEe
BT
freedrop
Roystonnn
Lamts18
G_Man
siaw8
watermyforrest
Technospaz
Gray
digdug888
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
G_Man

how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:11 am

S70B wrote:
MC....

Le Kua Si mi?

Buay Song ah?!!!!!??!!!

Lai la!

S70B, give up la... you ah beng act like 1 piece 1 piece. kanna sai, become two piece.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:17 am

it should be

"Mong Kuay ah lai"

Smile
Back to top Go down
digdug888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
digdug888

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:23 am

we're golfers...not gangsters here... all gentlemen pls Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:26 am

G_Man wrote:
S70B wrote:
MC....

Le Kua Si mi?

Buay Song ah?!!!!!??!!!

Lai la!

S70B, give up la... you ah beng act like 1 piece 1 piece. kanna sai, become two piece.

Eh G_spot

U have so much bleddy time to post here dun have time to go book for 08/08 is it?

Go do it now. 4 balls confirmed.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:32 am

digdug888 wrote:
we're golfers...not gangsters here... all gentlemen pls Very Happy

they are family...there will be no fights despite the talk.

G_man is actually a 17 year old teenager who acts like a hooligan. S70B is his baby sister and Siaw8 is the father...that family is quite wierd.

DGman

oops off topic again
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:54 am

I won't consider myself as a long hitter, so take the following with a pinch of salt: -

1. Contrary to G_Man, I believe in teeing up high. I want to have as much carry as possible when there is no wind or back wind. I will tilt my shoulder plane more as it helps me hit the ball during the upswing.

2. I will take my arms out of the swing equation. I don't have strong arms but luckily I am quite flexible. I will use my big muscles during my downswing, i.e. I will initiate my downswing using my shoulders and my arms will be "dragged" along.

3. Go smooth and not force the downswing.
Back to top Go down
digdug888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
digdug888

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:10 am

thanks nutty88 for sharing

for your pt 1, i also tried it before.
don't u find the more u tilt the shoulder plane to hit it on the upswing,
it's more like a scooping action and ball end up on a higher trajectory and shorter distance?

wanna know how to acheive a more peircing trajectory => more distance and more roll

Swing
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:18 am

if the ball comes down on a steep angle, there will be very little roll. it will be good if can maximise both
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:24 pm

digdug888 wrote:
thanks nutty88 for sharing

for your pt 1, i also tried it before.
don't u find the more u tilt the shoulder plane to hit it on the upswing,
it's more like a scooping action and ball end up on a higher trajectory and shorter distance?

wanna know how to acheive a more peircing trajectory => more distance and more roll

Swing

hi there,

The key is to hit through and not at the ball. I usually adjust the tee height and tilt to get the trajectory. Another key is to maintain the tilt and spine angle till after impact.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:40 pm

knn y so difficult in golf wan?

can we use rubber ball instead? sure fly far... hahaha

sori... juz joking.. must be the weather....
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:51 pm

i dun think a rubber ball will fly as far..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:57 pm

aim cart path; get extra roll... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chinchiachun

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Wah, not only can SS consistently hit 200m now, he can also consistently aim and hit the cart path, how to play wih you? i think very soon you will consistently shoot 67 instead of 77 liao.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:00 pm

yeah, use wedge and lob it to back of the cart then stop somewhere near the green Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:04 pm

chinchiachun wrote:
Wah, not only can SS consistently hit 200m now, he can also consistently aim and hit the cart path, how to play wih you? i think very soon you will consistently shoot 67 instead of 77 liao.

nb... bro.. my nick is not chinchiachun hor..Squirly means ball run everywhere!! clown
Summore anyhow upgrade me to 200m...galeforce backwinds, and downslope hard fairways maybe can la...
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:27 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
aim cart path; get extra roll... Very Happy

Bro, since like that... You play rubber ball lah, i play normal golf ball. I think with that arrangement, maybe i can give you 1 - 1. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:10 pm

Interesting blog article from Monte Scheinblum (former national and world long drive champion, as well as a Nationwide Tour player)
Ooh.. a link to click!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:23 pm

Good tip, SS.

See this video too:

http://www.videojug.com/film/golf-how-to-hit-long-and-straight-drives

And for slicers (like me), see this:

http://www.videojug.com/film/golf-avoid-slicing
Back to top Go down
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ultraman

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 pm

During the Golf Punk tournament held last week at Warren, I had the opportunity to be stationed at one of the 'longest drive' hole for 2 days (with 2 XMMs - ok dun get distracted).

I witnessed almost 288 golfers (including pros) trying show their 'driving prowess', guess what? Those who were so tense and trying to 'rip' the ball almost did not make it. Good tempo with a hint of power seems to be the 'magical answer'. The >300m long drives from white tee (clearing the 200m makers for Par 5 - didn't manage to get the official distance) were towering shots, the balls were launched high and seems to 'fly' forever (min. backspin).

Had the opportunity to check out the Pros drivers, and found a couple of them using 10.5 deg loft drivers (why are we trying to play 9.5deg??) but fitted with X-stiff shaft with high kick point to optimise launch angle (basically high launch / low spin for their speed). The other better players also had proper equipments that suit to their swing ability.

Gone are the days with the good players trying to launch low with 'climbing' ball - so call 'pro flight', now with modern technology the better players are driving the ball with a good parabolic ball flight (unlike before when the ball tends to descend sharply at its apex).

Morale of the story - good tempo (of course with a fundamentally sound swing to get the 'sweet spot') + well fitted equipment = maximise distance
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 7:46 am

ultraman wrote:
During the Golf Punk tournament held last week at Warren, I had the opportunity to be stationed at one of the 'longest drive' hole for 2 days (with 2 XMMs - ok dun get distracted).

I witnessed almost 288 golfers (including pros) trying show their 'driving prowess', guess what? Those who were so tense and trying to 'rip' the ball almost did not make it. Good tempo with a hint of power seems to be the 'magical answer'. The >300m long drives from white tee (clearing the 200m makers for Par 5 - didn't manage to get the official distance) were towering shots, the balls were launched high and seems to 'fly' forever (min. backspin).

Had the opportunity to check out the Pros drivers, and found a couple of them using 10.5 deg loft drivers (why are we trying to play 9.5deg??) but fitted with X-stiff shaft with high kick point to optimise launch angle (basically high launch / low spin for their speed). The other better players also had proper equipments that suit to their swing ability.

Gone are the days with the good players trying to launch low with 'climbing' ball - so call 'pro flight', now with modern technology the better players are driving the ball with a good parabolic ball flight (unlike before when the ball tends to descend sharply at its apex).

Morale of the story - good tempo (of course with a fundamentally sound swing to get the 'sweet spot') + well fitted equipment = maximise distance

Good advice, Ultraman. Sometimes, we try too hard when all we need is like what you had suggested.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:46 am

Great tips...

That is why I find that I play much better when I am relaxed..... drive better and more onto fairway and then lesser strokes with better confidence....

But I learn more when I played with better player.... trying hard to be on par with them and watch them eagerly on how they execute their shot from different tee off .... how they read green before putting....

ultraman wrote:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to maximise distance off the Driver ?   how to maximise distance off the Driver ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to maximise distance off the Driver ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3