Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam

Go down 
+5
artchang00
Suzuki
Tituman
St. MIG
senOr
9 posters
AuthorMessage
senOr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam Empty
PostSubject: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi all

i'll be going to Palm Springs @ batam this vesak holiday, anyone been there before?

I'm short of balls and don't know whether i got time these few days to go buy, I suppose there's a shop there selling all these stuff?
Back to top Go down
St. MIG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
St. MIG

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:03 am

senOr wrote:
Hi all

i'll be going to Palm Springs @ batam this vesak holiday, anyone been there before?

I'm short of balls and don't know whether i got time these few days to go buy, I suppose there's a shop there selling all these stuff?

Mr Nemo sells golf balls. There a thread on used balls afro
Back to top Go down
http://www.miguellim.weebly.com
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:14 am

senOr wrote:
Hi all

If you are not particular over brands, then there should not be any problems. I am sure the pro shop there have used and new balls.

TITUMAN
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:49 am

Dont worry brudder. You will see on the golf course the locals selling balls on some of the tee boxs. Quite pro. They pack 10 -12 balls of same brand in a pack. All quite good condition. But you need to bargain with them. Cos their knife very sharp. They know you no ball already. Heehee.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
senOr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:51 am

Suzuki wrote:
Dont worry brudder. You will see on the golf course the locals selling balls on some of the tee boxs. Quite pro. They pack 10 -12 balls of same brand in a pack. All quite good condition. But you need to bargain with them. Cos their knife very sharp. They know you no ball already. Heehee.. ROFL

haha ok thanks
wat's the price roughly? or rather, how much should i bargain? hah
Back to top Go down
Suzuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Suzuki

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:08 am

Different brand different price. If you are beginners than buy cheaper ones. About $15per pack. You tell them $10.00. price is around there. Those good ones are ProV1, TaylorMade TP or penta.
Back to top Go down
senOr
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:16 am

thanks man! looking forward to my trip
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:01 am

Suzuki wrote:
Different brand different price. If you are beginners than buy cheaper ones. About $15per pack. You tell them $10.00. price is around there. Those good ones are ProV1, TaylorMade TP or penta.

Bro, think you can give the Pro Vs a pass. From outside the shiny plastic bag, tightened tightly with rubber band, you see the balls very new and shiny. But when you open it, most of them have been painted over with blanco. It look shiny from the shiny plastic bag. I have experienced it a couple of times. At first I thought it was just this particular seller. But later trips from different courses also experienced similar tactics. Better to buy other not so popular balls. Just for info.

Titu
But i always bargain down to $10 a pack of 15 Pro Vs so not much loss actually, despite the bad quality. Just used and let it disappear.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:08 am

Bought 15 used Srixon balls for Rp50,000 or about S$7.50.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:11 am

they usually sell at the 17th hole of Palm course, u can get them in SG before going to Batam. EGC sells at $0.40 a ball i think
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:22 am

Tituman: From outside the shiny plastic bag, tightened tightly with rubber band, you see the balls very new and shiny. But when you open it, most of them have been painted over with blanco. It look shiny from the shiny plastic bag.

Very good observation about the used balls and their appearnce while still in the bags, Tituman.

Thanks for that info.

cheers
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:17 am

u can also get it at T.M ferry terminal. not bad condition.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:22 am

clarencekim wrote:
Tituman: From outside the shiny plastic bag, tightened tightly with rubber band, you see the balls very new and shiny. But when you open it, most of them have been painted over with blanco. It look shiny from the shiny plastic bag.

Very good observation about the used balls and their appearnce while still in the bags, Tituman.

Thanks for that info.

cheers

Bitten quite a few times already. First time thought it was just the particular guy did it. Second time there, bought from different guy and SAME conditions %$#$&@# !!! Tried one last third time and sama sama again. Guess they took us especially me for hai gong. Will not bother anymore. Mad

Titu
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Abit far away but...here in HCMC,

IF you buy the "lower standard" models, its like SGD$4.00 per 10. Comes in plastic bag, pre wrap. So I guess it comes with a bit of luck here & there in terms of the quality but so far, have been lucky.

now..If you buy ProV1, it is actually loose balls so you can pick and select the ones you want. This of couse is a bit more expensive at SGD$1.50 per ball. I guess if you were buying, you can open and inspect before handing over the $$$..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam   First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First trip to Palm Springs @ Batam
Page 1 of 1