Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ishikawa shoots 58 to win seventh title

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
botak

Ishikawa shoots 58 to win seventh title Empty
PostSubject: Ishikawa shoots 58 to win seventh title   Ishikawa shoots 58 to win seventh title I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:08 am

cheers cheers cheers

Teenage sensation Ryo Ishikawa blazed his way to a Japanese tour record by conjuring a magical 12-under-par 58 en route to a seventh career title.

The 18-year-old began the final round at the Crowns tournament in Nagoya six shots behind leader Shigeki Maruyama but carded 12 birdies to complete a remarkable five-stroke victory.

"It's absolutely unbelievable," a beaming Ishikawa said after his astonishing round. "I don't know where all those birdies came from."

Ishikawa, who captured the JGTO Tour's 2009 order of merit title, finished on 13-under 267 after birdying nine of the first 11 holes as he powered to his first victory of the season.

"Looking at the scoreboard at the end and seeing my score improve by 12 strokes... it's like a dream," said Ishikawa after a flawless display underpinned by a dazzling short game.

"I started well for the first time in four days and kept plugging away. I wanted to start with a pair of birdies and once I got to four under par I started to think I had a chance.

"Staying calm was the key," added Ishikawa, who pocketed $255,000 as well as the keys to a new Toyota car after breaking the previous lowest score on the Japanese tour by one shot.

"The record hasn't sunk in at all at this point. It will take a bit of time. Winning such a big tournament so soon in my career is also amazing."

Hiroyuki Fujita (66) and Australia's Paul Sheehan (68) finished tied for second place on eight-under 272.

Maruyama, who shot a 58 while qualifying for the 2000 US Open, closed with a 72 to slip into a share for eighth at five under.
Reuters
Back to top Go down
surflim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Ishikawa shoots 58 to win seventh title Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ishikawa shoots 58 to win seventh title   Ishikawa shoots 58 to win seventh title I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:46 am

This Karate kid is very promising. His putting is like laser guided.

The only thing is probably he get a little nervous when playing with the big brothers, give him 2 more yrs u will be seeing another asian making cuts in the major
Back to top Go down

Ishikawa shoots 58 to win seventh title
Page 1 of 1