Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?

Go down 
+6
ghoonk
daveaha
joshcct
missmoon
sunny
TNRM
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? Empty
PostSubject: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:36 pm

Anyone's got this phone and able to give a first hand account of pros and cons? I'm thinking of getting it and would like to know if it will turn out to be a lemon like my previous phone the Nokia N97.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Moon changed from nokia n97 to milestone and is loving it. Very responsive and according to her damn gd.

Cons are no flash and no screen protector yet
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks Sunny. I changed my POS N97 3 weeks after getting it. In that time, I had to send it into Nokia 3 times for a reinstall of software. The damn phone kept hanging!! Thank goodness the N97 is out of my life.
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Hey I used to have a n97 mini, so glad that I sold it away.
Now I'm happy with motorola milestone and its os. Android 2.1 is really quite cool and very user friendly..
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
joshcct
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Although the actual screen protector is not available yet, can use PSP screen protector. It will protect the screen from the earpiece onwards.

Plenty of free appz till u lost in it...
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:16 pm

missmoon wrote:
Hey I used to have a n97 mini, so glad that I sold it away.
Now I'm happy with motorola milestone and its os. Android 2.1 is really quite cool and very user friendly..

Glad you get rid of that junk... seems you're pretty stressed out using N97.. .hehe....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Moon: Sounds like you tahan the N97 Mini for a while? I was getting more frustrated by the day with my N97, to the extent that I had to get rid of it or I would've broken it. It was that bad. I hear that the bugs with the firmware have still not been fixed. What're the other downsides to teh Milestone?
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:24 pm

I have a unit on review now

Screen is excellent. not as sharp as the AMOLED one on the Nexus One, but impressive and bright nonetheless. Decent visibility outdoors

Mine runs the Android 2.1 OS, and despite the processor just being a 600 Mhz one (the HTC Dream aka T-Mobile G1, and the HTC Magic and HTC Hero all ran the same 528Mhz processor and was damn slow running Android 1.6), it was surprisingly quick.

Keyboard takes some getting used to, and I prefer the chiclet style keyboard on the G1 over this one. The hardware is well put together with no creak and rattles.

No Android Market on mine for some reason, and if you don't get Android Market, I wouldn't bother. SlideME application store is nowhere close to what Android Market offers, and believe me when I say that the Google apps upgrades and add-ons are well worth the effort to find one with Android Market.
Back to top Go down
St. MIG
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
St. MIG

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 11:30 pm

Welcome to H P Republic,

do join us for our weekly range sessions @ MBGC on Wed nites...

& pls remember to put ur HPs on silent/ vibration mode.

free HP to try out this week: Motorola Milestone.

Waiting List:

1. St. Mig
2. St Mig's Sis

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.miguellim.weebly.com
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 10:24 pm

Anyone using HTC HD2? I am very tempted to get this phone but also considering Milestone. Currently using iphone 3G and hoping for a change. The only downside of HD2 is WM6.5 but I believe it can be re-flashed to Android 2.1.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:39 pm

I have been using WM since day one, but found iphone so good that now I am using Macbook!
I believe Android will give iphone a run for the money.
Android phone will be great if you use a lot gmail and chrome.
Between WM and Android go for android.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:11 am

seebayho wrote:
I have been using WM since day one, but found iphone so good that now I am using Macbook!
I believe Android will give iphone a run for the money.
Android phone will be great if you use a lot gmail and chrome.
Between WM and Android go for android.

hahaha... another soul sold to Mr. Jobs.

BTW, I think the next Iphone OS4.0 will have improvement of mailbox...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
golfkaki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golfkaki

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:56 pm

i am in the same league as seebayho... from WM to Symbian and now a mac convert... 2 words, APPLE ROCKS!
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:27 pm

golfkaki wrote:
i am in the same league as seebayho... from WM to Symbian and now a mac convert... 2 words, APPLE ROCKS!

Appel is really seebayho! I just tested the milestone 1 hour ago, still no match with the iPhone. I am waiting for the iPad to come!
Somehow I wonder why no phone can match the smooth "flip" function of the iphone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?   Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions/Reviews of Motorola MIlestone?
Page 1 of 1