Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graphite shaft - what is the different?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EricSKH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Graphite shaft - what is the different? Empty
PostSubject: Graphite shaft - what is the different?   Graphite shaft - what is the different? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Both are graphite shaft (do correct me if I am wrong). But what is the different between Graphite Design YS 5.1 and Aldila DVS-2? .... and which is better?

Please tell me if you know.. thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Graphite shaft - what is the different?   Graphite shaft - what is the different? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:42 pm

Torque, kick point and weight. specs for both the shafts is just a google search away
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Graphite shaft - what is the different?   Graphite shaft - what is the different? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Hi Eric,

Personally, I do not gauge if one shaft is better than the other just by their specifications. Each golfer have our own swing characteristics which may suits certain type of shafts. Like what bro Eiji mentioned, general known shaft characteristics are the weight, kick point, stiffness etc, so before you know which shaft suits you better, it is important to first understand your swing.

A club fitter will be able to advice you on a good match of shaft based on analyzing your swing. So priority is to have a consistent swing before determining what shaft best suits you.

A well fitted, matching shaft to your swing should give you better control, feedback and stability. I know I did not answer your question directly but hope the above still help you in one way or another.
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
yanhaotiong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Graphite shaft - what is the different?   Graphite shaft - what is the different? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:45 pm

i used to play a Graphite design YS-6+. Good shaft with nice ball flight but it feels like hitting rocks even though i'm playing quite a flexible shaft. not sure if it's the same with the model you are asking about.
Back to top Go down
EricSKH
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Graphite shaft - what is the different?   Graphite shaft - what is the different? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:26 am

Thks guys for the feedback n info. I think simply to say anyone is fine for the start and to consult a club fitter once my swing is consistent. sunny
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Graphite shaft - what is the different?   Graphite shaft - what is the different? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:26 am

I have YS6 and for me this shaft works. The only problem is that its soft comparing to other marks. The launch is slightly higher. Depending on what are yr stats, if you're a hitter type and with above average swing speed, then i suggest Aldila. If you are the swinger type with smooth and easy swing, YS6 would be the best.

I have YS6 on Cleveland Launcher 10.5. I average about 190 to 200m.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graphite shaft - what is the different?   Graphite shaft - what is the different? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Graphite shaft - what is the different?
Page 1 of 1