Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Its not macho to use graphite shaft

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

Its not macho to use graphite shaft Empty
PostSubject: Its not macho to use graphite shaft   Its not macho to use graphite shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:33 pm

well its proven again that PGA tour players do use graphite shafts. Matt Kuchar used the Aerotech Steelfiber and came in third in the SBS Open in Hawaii last week.

For the record Matt is using Steelfiber i95 in S flex.

Apparently his GIR was 88.9%. the eventual winner was Geoff Ogilvy-22, runner up Rory Sabbatini -21 and Matt Kuchar -19.

heres from a newsletter released by Aerotech...

Aerotech SteelFiber Iron Shafts Capture Top Money in Kapalua

With 28 elite PGA professionals competing for the first title of the 2010 season and a $5.6 million purse, Aerotech SteelFiber composite shafts topped the performance of most conventional shafts at this weekend’s SBS Championship. SteelFiber shafts earned a Top Three money position through innovative composite engineering that combines a high-modulus graphite core with 59 miles of steel fiber lacing the shaft surface.

The SBS Championship contender and former United States Men's Amateur Golf Champion finished third at Kapalua Resort playing Aerotech SteelFiber i95 taper tip constant weight shafts in his irons. He also tied for second with an 88.9 percent Greens in Regulation score and tied for second in number of pars. Recently this two-time All-American ended his 2009 season with three Top-10s in the PGA Tour Fall Series using Aerotech SteelFiber shafts.

“Kicking off the 2010 PGA Tour season with such a high money position is very exciting. SteelFiber shafts have proven themselves on professional tours around the world to provide uncanny consistency, and the third-place contender this weekend hit green after green to score an amazingly high 88.9 GIR percentage. We’re confident we’ll see many more PGA pros turning to SteelFiber because the composite technology brings the material benefits of both steel and graphite together to create a perfect blend of power and stability,” says Aerotech Golf President Chris Hilleary.

Delivering the power of graphite and the stability of steel on professional tours, SteelFiber shafts feature a high-modulus graphite core and nearly 60 miles of steel fiber covering the surface of each shaft, providing golfers with the power of graphite and the stability of steel. While the shaft’s graphite core provides vibration dampening, increased clubhead speed and maximum distance, the steel fibers produce a optimum weighting for a solid feel at impact and add stability and control for pinpoint accuracy. Originally developed for irons the SteelFiber technology now enhances the performance of hybrids, fairway woods and drivers.

Aerotech specializes in uniquely engineered, performance-enhancing golf shafts and has supplied shafts to such renowned golf club manufactures as Cleveland Golf, Adams Golf, Fenwick, Srixon, Lynx, Zevo and Pure Spin among many others.

For more information visit www.aerotechgolfshafts.com

©️ Copyright 2010 Aerotech Golf. All rights reserved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Its not macho to use graphite shaft   Its not macho to use graphite shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:50 pm

Is Aerotech available at BFG?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Its not macho to use graphite shaft   Its not macho to use graphite shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Yes it is....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Its not macho to use graphite shaft   Its not macho to use graphite shaft I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Hi DGMan, Does steelfiber suit all iron heads?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its not macho to use graphite shaft   Its not macho to use graphite shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its not macho to use graphite shaft
Page 1 of 1