Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bitten by Buaya

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cornball
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Bitten by Buaya Empty
PostSubject: Bitten by Buaya   Bitten by Buaya I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Guess this is what you guys meant about being bitten by buaya eh?

Malaysian resort pays out over croc attack on golfer

The crocodile tried to drag him to a pond located on the resort's "Crocodile Nine" course. -AFP

Thu, Mar 18, 2010
AFP

KUALA LUMPUR - A Malaysian businessman who was bitten by a crocodile while playing golf has accepted a payout from the resort where he was attacked, reports said Thursday.

Hong Kee Siong said he was searching for a lost golf ball when he stumbled across the crocodile, which tried to drag him to a pond located on the resort's "Crocodile Nine" course, named after the local wildlife.

Hong managed to escape by striking the creature on the head, but needed 38 stitches for wounds on his left leg during the 2004 attack.

The A'Famosa resort near the historic port town of Malacca agreed to pay Hong 43,000 ringgit (S$18,176) in compensation, state news agency Bernama said.

Its lawyer K. Anushiya reportedly said the resort had made efforts to warn golfers and members of the public about the crocodiles by erecting "caution" signs on the course.
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

Bitten by Buaya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitten by Buaya   Bitten by Buaya I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 8:35 pm

Interesting.

That is why I find it a bit odd that Singapore courses say they are not responsible for anything that happens on the course. In fact many times they intimate that it is the golfer who is at risk or liable for damages to the course management for many "ill" events that occur.

They can say or imply anything they wish but I would venture to say the courts would have the final say as to who is liable etc. But there aren't alot of personal injury attorneys in Singapore now are there? HMMMM, wonder why!!
Back to top Go down
lennylim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
lennylim

Bitten by Buaya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitten by Buaya   Bitten by Buaya I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:06 pm

ok crocs are quite rare, and on a "crocodile nine", i wouldn't venture near any red or yellow stakes...

but wat about snakes? wat happen if u get bitten by a snake when you're hitting near some bushes, or trees? do courses typically accept any responsibility? i'm damn scared of snakes...
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Kopi Towkay

Bitten by Buaya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitten by Buaya   Bitten by Buaya I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 10:15 pm

lennylim wrote:
ok crocs are quite rare, and on a "crocodile nine", i wouldn't venture near any red or yellow stakes...

but wat about snakes? wat happen if u get bitten by a snake when you're hitting near some bushes, or trees? do courses typically accept any responsibility? i'm damn scared of snakes...

Don't know 'bout that....but you do get relief and a free drop (no penalty)!!!
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

Bitten by Buaya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitten by Buaya   Bitten by Buaya I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 10:34 am

Me got 'bitten in my wallet'' ($$$) by crocs in golf attire who claim to be high handicap golfers but score below 90 on a regular basis!

Razz
Back to top Go down
SilentLurker
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Bitten by Buaya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitten by Buaya   Bitten by Buaya I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 9:17 am

clarencekim wrote:
Me got 'bitten in my wallet'' ($$$) by crocs in golf attire who claim to be high handicap golfers but score below 90 on a regular basis!

Razz

This happens very often to me too and this kind of 'Croc' got no warning sign one.

I'm very sure the pond had ample warning signs but he chose to ignore it Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bitten by Buaya Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bitten by Buaya   Bitten by Buaya I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bitten by Buaya
Page 1 of 1