Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommendation for Malacca Course

Go down 
+14
frosTEE
Raquel
Suszzi MTKC
bubu
mloy
crystal_tiong
dunlookback
slinger
hardrock
kenkuan
hardballs
mylim
kelly
scubababe
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
scubababe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Recommendation for Malacca Course Empty
PostSubject: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:53 am

need some advise, got some friends thinking of driving up to Malacca for leisure + golf. Which course are nice to play?

We are having some non-golfers too so best of the resort/hotel have some other leisure activities, pool etc.

Thanks for all your recommendations!
Back to top Go down
kelly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:02 pm

The common ones are Tiara, Orna (pretty good). There is Ayer Keroh but personally i dont like the course though
Back to top Go down
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:08 pm

hey man... if ur upto challenge.. try ayer keroh country club.. it has 27 holes.. if i am not wrong.. it has the longest par 5 in west Malaysia which is their hole 18.. 600+
it's a long course & only a few OBs.. but.. if you hit out of the fairway... u'd better consider it as a lost ball..
u will love the huge tropical trees ard the course.. as it's situated ard the nature reserve area.. which means there are monkeys going after ur unguarded balls on the fairway or food in ur golf cart...
if u r fit enough.. try walk the entire 18 holes.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hardballs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hardballs

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 12:12 pm

Was up there this weekend and play Orna and Tiara. Tiara was in much better condition and therefore more enjoyable. Not sure whether you can use the other facilities unless you are a member. One of our non-golfers tried to use the pool but was denied.
Back to top Go down
kenkuan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:43 pm

You can try A'Farmosa, perfect for the family (golfers+non-golfers). I've not played at the golf course though, only been there with my family for the other attractions.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Tiara is buggie on track course, but is a nicer course then Orna
if i'm not wrong Tiara green fees is abt RM150+ for week day and Orna is less than RM100

Personally i prefer to play Tiara
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 3:00 pm

scuba, here's my suggestions:

since u have non-golfers in your group, then its good to stay in hotel downtown of malacca (ie equatorial hotel) its close to shopping/makan/tourist areas so that they can have their own itnerary when u are at the golf course....equatorial is close to makohtar shopping, jonkers walk, dutch settlement area so its pretty convienent.....from the hotel its about 15-20 mins to Tiara/Orna/Ayer Keroh

i, too, prefer Tiara, they have 3 nines, meadows, lake n woodlands, the latter being the tougher nines...

if u are going over the weekend, jonkers walk will have the usual pasar malam, its a nice walk in the evening, have a cold beer after a round......
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi

I like Ayer Keroh layout but the caddies asking for extra tips at the end of the round can be pain in the ass though..

Tiara is nice as every said.

For good bargains you can try www.golfgreedy.com

In Melaka town, dun miss the nice cold cendol and laksa! Drooling while I am thinking abt them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
crystal_tiong
Caddy
Caddy
crystal_tiong

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:08 am

seems like majority likes Tiara , but I am going to miss it as I will be shopping tat day and rest . never try 3 days consecutive golf , scare cannot take it....

Day 1 : A'Famose Golf Resort
Day 2: Tiara Melaka Golf - going to skip this for shopping
Day 3: Orna Golf
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:26 pm

mylim wrote:
hey man... if ur upto challenge.. try ayer keroh country club.. it has 27 holes.. if i am not wrong.. it has the longest par 5 in west Malaysia which is their hole 18.. 600+
it's a long course & only a few OBs.. but.. if you hit out of the fairway... u'd better consider it as a lost ball..
u will love the huge tropical trees ard the course.. as it's situated ard the nature reserve area.. which means there are monkeys going after ur unguarded balls on the fairway or food in ur golf cart...
if u r fit enough.. try walk the entire 18 holes.. Very Happy

Hi mylim, do you know how much is the green fee for Ayer Keroh for friday morning and it they allow 2 player. Better if you have their contact details. Planning a trip to Melaka on the 16th April. Tks.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:27 pm

kelly wrote:
The common ones are Tiara, Orna (pretty good). There is Ayer Keroh but personally i dont like the course though

Kelly, why don't you like the course. Could you pls share with us.
Back to top Go down
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 pm

mloy wrote:

Hi mylim, do you know how much is the green fee for Ayer Keroh for friday morning and it they allow 2 player. Better if you have their contact details. Planning a trip to Melaka on the 16th April. Tks.

Hi Mloy, you can chk out from their website http://www.akcc.com.my/facilities_golf.htm
Lotsa ppl dun like ayer keroh because it's a challenging course.. especially the monkeys running away with your mobile phones or golf balls.. Very Happy but the surrounding is kindda nice.. i like it though.. it pretty much depends on individual preference i'd say.. to me, a'famosa & the rest dun have much huge trees and monkeys.. haha..
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 1:55 pm

mylim wrote:
mloy wrote:

Hi Mloy, you can chk out from their website http://www.akcc.com.my/facilities_golf.htm
Lotsa ppl dun like ayer keroh because it's a challenging course.. especially the monkeys running away with your mobile phones or golf balls.. Very Happy but the surrounding is kindda nice.. i like it though.. it pretty much depends on individual preference i'd say.. to me, a'famosa & the rest dun have much huge trees and monkeys.. haha..

Thanks mylim. Looks like have to buy used ball when playing there. Don't want no monkeys to take my new balls. Ha ha haha...
Back to top Go down
kelly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 pm

mloy....there are monkeys...!!the course is ok but the facilities are run down i feel.

i sat the chairs at their cafe n i was itching after tht...oooppps
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:50 pm

kelly wrote:
mloy....there are monkeys...!!the course is ok but the facilities are run down i feel.

kelly, tks, will take your advice and run off after the game. Shower at hotel.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
kelly

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:06 pm

yes yes..play there bt dun bathe there.. =P
Back to top Go down
bubu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bubu

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:23 pm

i like Tiara best too, just that the woodland course of it really..monkeys many many! but still i love Malacca. peaceful little town with a happening jonkers street where you can go cheong in the evening. And of course, not to mention the mouth watering food!!

next friday i will trying famosa, my 1st time there. wonder how it is? Smile
Back to top Go down
Suszzi MTKC
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Suszzi MTKC

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:37 pm

bubu wrote:
i like Tiara best too, just that the woodland course of it really..monkeys many many! but still i love Malacca. peaceful little town with a happening jonkers street where you can go cheong in the evening. And of course, not to mention the mouth watering food!!

next friday i will trying famosa, my 1st time there. wonder how it is? Smile

I love Tiara too ie woodlands and meadows and lake is just as beautiful too and I lost some $ and of cos my locker key to the monkeys when I was playing at Lake and lucky the club did not charge me for losing the keys cos they know too well what has taken place .... just take note that not only the real monkeys u gotta be careful, the 'human monkeys' too ... so just watch out !

Can let me know the condition of A'Farmosa cos my frenz told me the condition is not as great as before, they got 3 9s too and my fav is Rockies and Crocodile .... do be careful with the crocodile on one of the Par 4 yeah .... -> think someone put up a thread on it recently ... Smile

cheers and have a fun trip next week sunny
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi Bubu...me went to Malacca thousand and 1 times but nvr played golf there...wat a shame Sad

Looks like iits about time to plan for a short trip there.

Enjoy your wicked golf there!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mylim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
mylim

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:03 pm

kelly wrote:

ur right kelly.. most of the mature golf course in malaysia their facilities r kindda run down.. it's the culture.. they like to build but dun like to maintain.. haha..
Back to top Go down
bubu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bubu

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Last wed i was playing in tiara. hahaha, got 1 monkey quite suay, kabo my empty little red plastic bags... guess it was been lured by smell of the leftover curry puff crusts.. hahahaha

Hello Raquel, i will be there next fri-sun? PM me if you wanna join? for 3 days 2 Nights golf/stay. i can get it at around $260. and night time whole gang of us will go to jonkers walk for some live band music and of course Taaaaaaaaa ahhhhh! there will be tonnes of drinkings..!

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi Bubu..would love to go with yr grp but I have pre-arrangement on 28Mar already..

Let me know if u are arranging any other golf trip? would love to play at Phuket , hua hin or krabi...
Back to top Go down
bubu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bubu

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:08 pm

just played huahin in Feb. end of apr or may, may plan one to chiangmai. u keen? will PM u if u r when i m arranging one!
Back to top Go down
frosTEE
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
frosTEE

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Have played Tiara and A'Fomosa (few months back)

Tiara
- Nice greens (really nice)
- A lot of dead leaves
- Fairway quite tight

A'Fomosa
- If possible, hire a caddy cause once your golf balls goes into the rough, you cant find them...
- Quite run down.. dun really enjoy playing there...
Back to top Go down
bubu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
bubu

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:19 pm

oh.... thanks for sharing frostee. cos malacca only have 4 golf courses and i dun really fancy akcc. the last time i went there in aug last month, the fairway is quite bare.. not much grass. thus, though of playing at famosa. hope famosa has do something and looks better than the last time you went. *cross fingers*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for Malacca Course   Recommendation for Malacca Course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommendation for Malacca Course
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next