Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?

Go down 
+13
watermyforrest
zephyr_bloom
Tituman
TNRM
icejazz
desyjean
Yarra
eden
ghoonk
jurongtiger
nientsu
weesern
golf_snowman
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks nientsu
Back to top Go down
TNRM
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TNRM

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Shucks, I'll be out of town whole next week. You guys have fun.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:01 pm

they open normally till 9pm.

if Stanley not ard, look for Joe. they r all very frenly and helpful person. Smile
Back to top Go down
icejazz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
icejazz

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:58 pm

1)icejazz
2)mloy
3)golf snowman
Back to top Go down
desyjean
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 6:20 pm

I am feeling sorry you guys now!( in a good way). This is the beginning of your countless sleeping and bad bad days. You will only have those sunny days after you hear the register ringing and your bank account depleted by acquiring those clubs! Enjoy your new prides.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi Guys, I completely agree with desyjean. Trying the clubs will start you on a path of obsession ....

I first heard about the clubs when I went to get my TMs shortened. They were very upright and I am not very tall. Went to the website and stared drooling, but swing was too erractic then so did not bother to try.

Couple of months later, went back to Torque Golf to get an old set of V7000 Tourstage clubs that I had picked up 2nd hand adjusted for lie angle. I refused to touch the Miura's, afraid that if I did, I would not want to play the clubs I just bought. That was probably a smart decision ...

2 weeks ago, I went there to get my TM R7CGB Max Driver reshafted. By this time, my swing is a lot more stable and I am playing decently. Since I was there, I decided to try a couple of the miura's again. On hindsight, it probably was a bad idea to go there after just receiving my bonus ...

All I can say is, to me, soft and buttery is nice, but what sent me over the edge was how the ball would check even when striking a 6 iron, let along with the pitching wedge and the 56 wedge that I tried. And the dispersion of the shots were tight, even on some of the slightly thin shots. I ran out of there before I let emotions get the better of me.

As desyjean mentions, that was the start of nights lying in bed remembering the feeling of the shots and the shot shape, as well as fantasising what a gleaming new set would look like in my bag.

I knew I was in trouble when I started rationalising to myself how much I deserved a treat, that this would be the last set of irons i would buy, that in the long run it would be cheaper than buying several sets of other clubs looking for that same feeling.

The final straw came when I went to China last week to play Golf (with the Driver that Joe reshafted and fitted for me) and absolutely murdered my buddies. I have never driven so far, so straight and so consistently. The only time I snap hooked was when my right foot slipped when turning, every other drive was in the fairway or in the first cut of rough over 36 holes. And for the first time ever, I could actually work my driver in both directions ... the club was so balanced I could really "feel" where it was and the face angle. Before it was quite a bit of hit and hope, or just confusion because I thought I had made a good swing but the stupid ball was not responding.

This was the 3rd time that Joseph has adjusted my clubs, but it was by far the most effective result (as I was willing to change shafts this time). I was convinced that I could trust him fully to fit a set of irons that would feel better that anything else I had touched before.

Long story short, I decided to make the commitment and was at Torque Golf yesterday to get fit for the irons. Tried out several different shafts with Joe we decided on which one I was happiest with that suited my swing the best. The selected test club with the shaft I liked was then lie adjusted and I took several more swings with it to confirm the feeling.

I had decided on the new CB 501 head since 2 weeks ago and the rest was basically measuring my palm size and finger length (for Grip sizing), my reach and the loft of the approach and sand wedge (or rather 56 because I think it will be quite a while before I take that beautiful head into a bunker) I wanted.

I will be the proud owner a set of 5-PW, 50, 56 miura's on Friday and I cannot wait. Damage is slightly less than 2.5k (did not need the KBS tour shafts, so slightly cheaper). When you think of the quality of what you are receiving, both the hardware and the software (quality customised fitting), it is good value.

From my own experience, having clubs (esp shaft flex and balance) fit to you does wonders for your game. At the very least, if you hit a bad shot, you know it is not due to your equipment.

As for how greats the new irons are, I'll keep this thread posted. Although I suspect it was take a couple of sessions to get used to the lesser offset in these heads.
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Derek wrote:
I knew I was in trouble when I started rationalising to myself how much I deserved a treat, that this would be the last set of irons i would buy, that in the long run it would be cheaper than buying several sets of other clubs looking for that same feeling.

Muahahaha...this was exactly what i thought and what I say to others.

I remember one of my playing partner made remarks like "wow so expensive!" and gave me a smirk when i told that the Miura will be my last set.
After he tried my iron on the par 3, he turned to me and mumbled "yeah..it will be your last"

Almost like Mastercard's "Priceless" ad....that look on his face before and after he tried the Miura was PRICELESS!!!!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:24 pm

icejazz wrote:
1)icejazz
2)mloy
3)golf snowman

Oh sh**....i just saw this...argh..i miss the testing of the clubs....

please guys, icejazz and monica, can you tell me how is the testing going ?

guess i will just drop by again to test the club...keke

snowman
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:28 pm

mloy mentioned that she would be at laguna today when i asked her yesterday?!

Last edited by eden on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 12:40 pm

very . very good irons ,,,, give 5 stars ,
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:34 pm

golf_snowman wrote:
icejazz wrote:
1)icejazz
2)mloy
3)golf snowman

Oh sh**....i just saw this...argh..i miss the testing of the clubs....

please guys, icejazz and monica, can you tell me how is the testing going ?

guess i will just drop by again to test the club...keke

snowman

golf-snowman, I too got the date wrong. Like Eden said, I'll be there around 7.30pm. You wanna come down too? One question: do we need to call Stanley or Joe to make an appointment? If yes what is the number to call.

Last edited by mloy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:37 pm

mloy wrote:
... it is scheduled for this evening. Like Eden said, I'll be there around 7.30pm. One question: do we need to call Stanley or Joe to make an appointment? If yes what is the number to call.

I have arranged with Stanley for you.
He is expecting you guys at 7.30pm.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:41 pm

eden wrote:
mloy wrote:
... it is scheduled for this evening. Like Eden said, I'll be there around 7.30pm. One question: do we need to call Stanley or Joe to make an appointment? If yes what is the number to call.

Thanks eden. So how golf_snowman you coming down? Come lah try, try hopefully for fun. lol!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 3:48 pm

mloy wrote:
eden wrote:
mloy wrote:

Thanks eden. So how golf_snowman you coming down? Come lah try, try hopefully for fun. lol!

my heart miss a beat when i saw this...haha !!

today i going to shop for a refrigerator with my family because the one in my house is gonna die soon...yesterday for the whole day, it stop and all stuff inside become warm when i found out last nite..so i had better go settle my fridge before i kena left right centre from 'Minister of Home Affair'....haha !!

laguna is so near and yet so far away...i stay in Tampines...sob sob Sad

sigh

snowman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?   Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone had tried Miura Iron ? any comment on these iron ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3