Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Course Marshal & Caddy

Go down 
+10
eiji
p3nboy
scubababe
JL_chong
mloy
Duval_S
Birdman
Raquel
sunny
Seiko
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

Course Marshal & Caddy Empty
PostSubject: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi Mods,

Although I had joined this forum for quite awhile but I got this question in my mind which I hope u can clarify. I do not know whether is this a sensitive topic but I'm just curious to know what is the difference between Course Marshal & Caddy in terms of job responsibilities and functions?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:15 pm

both groups are moderators though caddies have slightly more duties.

Caddy's are volunteers to help the members navigate around the forum and guide them around be it during our meet ups or in the forum. Just like how a caddy would tell you the course lay out, where to go and what club to use and dos and don'ts.

Couse Marshals are generally just moderators though we help out in some of the caddy's jobs as well as there aren't that many of us.

But please give them your support.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Raquel
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Raquel

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:18 pm

wow birdman got promoted liao
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:20 pm

just found out myself.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi Bro Bird, can I request that you show me around during Staryx2 nites....I quite shy leh
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Birdman wrote:
just found out myself.

Hey Congrats BIRDMAN. Now got to spell in Cap already lah. Ha ha ha. So when are we having a game Mr. BIRDMAN?

I would like to take this opportunity to also congratulate ghoonk, mojojojo and JLChong.
Back to top Go down
JL_chong
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper
JL_chong

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:35 pm

mloy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
just found out myself.

Hey Congrats BIRDMAN. Now got to spell in Cap already lah. Ha ha ha. So when are we having a game Mr. BIRDMAN?

I would like to take this opportunity to also congratulate ghoonk, mojojojo and JLChong.
haha, just got to see my nick turn colour man...keke... Xiong liao man... lai lai lai ah, u can ask me anything, but I may not know everything... so be patience with me hor... beginner lah... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
scubababe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:36 pm

thanks Seiko for posting this qns.... i never know the different positions here hahahaha..... i have always thought of crystal, miss moon, kat, sunny etc as super helpful and old bird in the forum hee... shows how blur & new i am

to our new caddy & marshals, congrats on the promotion! Smile
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
p3nboy

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Congrats to all for the promotion. Between caddy n marshal, marshal got poweeeer but caddy got tips $$.... cheers
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:40 pm

yay to tips
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:40 pm

it is good to see more "caddies" and "course marshall"....

hope to see more coming up !!

snowman[left]
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Duval, what's there to show you? Just walk from one end of the roof to the other... ROFL

Mloy, thanks, dropped you a message on arranging a game with eiji and rangereye wants to jump in as well. Weekends after this one is good for me. Just where to?

Will log on later tonite and see check your reply.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 4:20 pm

next week we can play in brisbane! i will bere there for a week from 3rd to 10th. probably gonna play a couple of games there if time permits
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:34 pm

ya.. and i tot caddie only help people post photo on market place only.. :p
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:41 pm

eiji wrote:
next week we can play in brisbane! i will bere there for a week from 3rd to 10th. probably gonna play a couple of games there if time permits

eiji - WOW...... lucky you! Enjoy your holiday.

birdman - how? eiji going nice holiday to brisbane. We can play one game during his absence and one when he gets back. What say you?
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 pm

congrats birdman
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks for the explanations and also congrats to both the existing and new caddies and course marshalls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Course Marshal & Caddy   Course Marshal & Caddy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Course Marshal & Caddy
Page 1 of 1