Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Birdie birdie come to daddy

Go down 
+6
Duval_S
blee67
jaketang
focus77
mUAr_cHEe
Tituman
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

Birdie birdie come to daddy Empty
PostSubject: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:29 pm

Well today had a game at MBGC. This is my 1st game of the year and AFTER a slight hiatus of more than 3 months from golf. Not even range.
Surprised myself with a birdie and this is the 1st for year 2010 with 4 pars. Overall still within my average in the 90 ish. Also trying for the 1st time using the Zen Oracle mallet putter. Never even try practising it at the practice putting green. Straight thrown into the battle field this morning. Had been using a Bobby Grace mallet since long long time which is slightly heavier than the Zen. Could not get the range correctly now but the roll is so true that I am confident I could improve much more as I get used to the weight and distancing in the near future. Kudos to this putter. cheers

Titu good putt
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:57 pm

go Zen go!!
Back to top Go down
focus77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:59 pm

titu.. beware of honeymoon period :p
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:29 pm

sigh.....

envy those who can play well n good even though they dun practice much.....

i do so many things and yet got prob trying to hit <100.... dun say birdies, even pars are hard to come by.... except double-pars are easy...... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:34 pm

focus77 wrote:

Ha ha I will proved you wrong Cal. I am not kidding. You hit it correctly, it will roll accordingly. Its MOI is much much better than the Bobby Grace. Short putts if you hit it slightly more firm, it will take care of the small slopes. Today kept giving some allowance for the slope yet it just roll straight. I will get it right very very soon. ZEN PUTTERS ROCK MAN !!!!!! Superman

Titu good putt
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:39 pm

jaketang wrote:
sigh.....

i do so many things and yet got prob trying to hit <100.... dun say birdies, even pars are hard to come by.... except double-pars are easy...... Embarassed

Hi JT sometimes taking a bit of time off can work wonders because when you come back you tend to tell yourself not to try too much and play more relax and to the book and thats when you will realised that the ball go truer than previously when you attempted more power for longer distances. And thats the time when timing and rhythm will be out of sync. This year will try to resolve to play more consistently below 90. First golf resolution of the year. Swing

Titu good putt
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:45 pm

focus77 wrote:

As for honeymoon, I will take every golf outing as a honeymoon then kekekeke..The more honeymoons the better. Wish I can speak for real life though lol!

Titu good putt
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Wah.. Congrats...

Played today too but no bird coming.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:13 pm

CONGRATS Titu-man......Birdie on 1st game .....steady lah!!!!!!!

Birdies are almost extinct to me...sighhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:57 pm

Well done, mate Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm more impressed with the 4 pars than the 1 birdie. Shows consistency
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:27 pm

ghoonk wrote:
I'm more impressed with the 4 pars than the 1 birdie. Shows consistency

Actually possibly could have more pars but due to 1st time use of Zen putter, as it was lighter than my former Bobby Grace 64k mallet, I tend to push it harder ending in quite a number of the putts overshooting. Like I said, let me get the hang of the weight and....... I will fulfill my year's resolution of playing consistently below 90.

Titu On Green
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:31 pm

Wah Tituman....based on this, looks like the next game will be birdie or at least par harvesting for you liao.........steady lah
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:21 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Wah Tituman....based on this, looks like the next game will be birdie or at least par harvesting for you liao.........steady lah

Erhh bro...like I said need to get the hang of it la. Especially now as golf pass is very difficult to get. That is why was in hiatus for more than 3 months sigh......

Titu
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:33 am

Titu, looks like you and I have the same goals for 2010 -- to be able to play consistently below 90. Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 am

Quote :
ghoonk wrote:
Titu, looks like you and I have the same goals for 2010 -- to be able to play consistently below 90. Smile

errr,....can sign-up to this goal also? Actually I am pretty close to this goal in 2009, if not for my driver, mid irons , chipping and putting......other than that, I am actually quite a good golfer...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:45 am

Titu...we share the same goal. Had a few sub-90 rounds in MBGC in a streak back in Sept-Nov. Could not repeat it since.

I'd like to join you on your next MBGC conquest (or OCC with the golf pass) if you ever need one to fill your flights. I play on weekdays too.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:55 am

jaketang wrote:
sigh.....

Hi Jaketang,

Dun be dishearten... it took me quite while to break the 100 duck oso... I still remember the days when I had difficulty breaking 100 and one of my golfing pal told me to break down my score into 'strokes to green' and 'no. of putts'.

With the new scoring method, I was able to identify area which I am weak in, rather than just frown on those double pars. (You can make some side remarks on your score cards like 'water', 'sand bunker', 'OB' etc) It helps to review your game after each round.

I find it useful in identifying area of weakness and I can target what to practice during range sessions. Of cos in the beginning... almost everything got problems! hehe... but I thought practicing on the short games helps bring down the score most... Hope this helps! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:11 am

alvin7379 wrote:
jaketang wrote:
sigh.....

Hi Jaketang,

Dun be dishearten... it took me quite while to break the 100 duck oso... I still remember the days when I had difficulty breaking 100 and one of my golfing pal told me to break down my score into 'strokes to green' and 'no. of putts'.

With the new scoring method, I was able to identify area which I am weak in, rather than just frown on those double pars. (You can make some side remarks on your score cards like 'water', 'sand bunker', 'OB' etc) It helps to review your game after each round.

I find it useful in identifying area of weakness and I can target what to practice during range sessions. Of cos in the beginning... almost everything got problems! hehe... but I thought practicing on the short games helps bring down the score most... Hope this helps! Smile

tx alvin... a very sincere n good advise...

perhaps now i m goin into a period of low morale and lack of confidences all together..... maybe i shld take a few weeks break away from golf..

nonetheless, tx for the advise. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:47 pm

ghoonk wrote:

HI Bro, all the time I was putting you as a good golfer at least playing in the 80s and resolved to play below 80 type ah. Well welcome to the 90s club bro. Really loved your collection of tour clubs and probably thats the reason for my appraisal of you. OK lets jia Yu for this year.

Titu Swing good putt I HIT IT
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 3:53 pm

pushslice wrote:
Titu...we share the same goal. Had a few sub-90 rounds in MBGC in a streak back in Sept-Nov. Could not repeat it since.

I'd like to join you on your next MBGC conquest (or OCC with the golf pass) if you ever need one to fill your flights. I play on weekdays too.

Hi bro "pushslice" combined together gives a straight ball ah. lol! Ok , once my personal problem at the moment is settled and I can golf regularly, will give you a shout and we will have a game for a start. Pray hard for me. I need all the prayers I can summon to swing this current personal issue that I am in right now sigh..... Sad

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 4:44 pm

hey bro Titu, not sure what is the problem.....regardless, hope everything turn up fine.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Bro Titu..hope all is well soon. I enjoy your posting on jokes, thought you'll be fun to play with. No worries, I'll be travelling quite a bit until March, and hope we can have a chance to break 90 at MBGC or OCC in April.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:56 am

Duval_S wrote:
hey bro Titu, not sure what is the problem.....regardless, hope everything turn up fine.

Tks bro... Smile

Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:58 am

pushslice wrote:
Bro Titu..hope all is well soon. I enjoy your posting on jokes, thought you'll be fun to play with. No worries, I'll be travelling quite a bit until March, and hope we can have a chance to break 90 at MBGC or OCC in April.

Tks bro..Don't worry I am a fun guy to golf with. My worse swear on course is " chao Ke Ro Pok " as can be attested by our bro here Focus77 haha..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birdie birdie come to daddy   Birdie birdie come to daddy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birdie birdie come to daddy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next