Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype Empty
PostSubject: TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype   TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:24 am

TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype Taylormade-SuperDeep-Driver
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype   TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 am

TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype Taylormade-R9-Super-Tri-Driver
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype   TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 am

Quoted from http://www.golftoimpress.com/2010/01/taylormade-r9-supertri-info-released/
UPDATE:
Unconfirmed sources are pointing to more differences between the SuperTri and original R9 460. Not only is the head bigger but the face is rumored to be made of SP-700 titanium and the fitting sleeve is supposed to be lighter and more secure. Prototype images are also appearing of a version with only 2 weights one of which is named the Taylormade R9 Super Deep "DF".

The Taylormade R9 SuperTri Driver is scheduled to release Feb 19th 2010! It's a 460cc head with 3 movable weights and an adjustable face and will be available in a TP version.

Just like the R7 SuperQuad it's all black even the face but as far as it's improvements over the previous R9 it's got a slightly higher launch due to the new weights and the center of gravity moving back and down in the head, it also has the deepest face that Taylormade has ever created. If anyone has a head please measure the face in millimeters for everyone's reference.

Taylormade provides two 1 gram weights and one 16 gram weight and claims a maximum of 75 yards of right to left or vice versa adjust-ability. It also features the previous R9's adjustable options like face angle open or closed which changes the effective loft as well.

The Taylormade R9 Super Tri will be available in 8.5, 9.5, 10.5, and 11.5 lofts with a stock Fujikura Motore 60 gram shaft or you have the option of selecting from 10 other upgrade shafts such as the Fubuki, Ozik, or Voodoo line by Aldila.

So what do you guys seriously think about TM's latest release? Sound off in the comments area and vote in the poll! Is it more of the same? I hear that the adjustment sleeve has been updated but that provides no substantial gain for the player's shot, perhaps they made a new sleeve to save even further on weight. I unlike many people welcome almost all new releases by Taylormade because they push the envelope and keep their competitors on their toe's. So what if its virtually the same as the R9 except with a deeper face, my only gripe about it is of everyone I know who has an R9 very few actually adjust the club after the first several rounds.

(Original Story by D.Dusek Golf.com)
Back to top Go down
senmin
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype   TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Anyone knows the size of the head for Super Deep?

Wonder if it will also be launched at the same time as the Supertri
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype   TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:25 pm

kind of tired of them having so many variants.... I feel they should just end at supertri. already having a 460cc with all the tech in it, anymore will be a overkill
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype   TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:27 pm

dodge viper is an overkill..

but the chicks dig it....

PPOOOWWWEEEEEERRRRRRrrr....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype   TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:51 pm

I saw one today Smile Woot Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype   TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TM R9 Super Deep DF Prototype
Page 1 of 1