Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Coach on the block!

Go down 
+30
darenlim
duffader
golf_snowman
Eltonjuan
RegiT
eiji
TigaWood
mervyntan
and68low
J.B.Low
slinger
jurongtiger
siaw8
jaketang
alvin7379
nrafee
nientsu
ghoonk
mUAr_cHEe
shotah
shorthitter
Birdman
blee67
Technospaz
pushslice
missmoon
hardrock
DGman
sunny
jhan18
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

New Coach on the block! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:50 am

They should put those pictures on the article in the crest link website instead. Razz

Btw Coach, needs your help on my driver and my woods... Suffering real bad lately and its going everywhere but straight!!!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:41 am

duffader wrote:
Suffering real bad lately and its going everywhere but straight!!!

Why complain when you are fading and drawing...

sorry cannot help it... must pass down the TSS vibes to someone else... :p
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:35 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
duffader wrote:
Suffering real bad lately and its going everywhere but straight!!!

Why complain when you are fading and drawing...

sorry cannot help it... must pass down the TSS vibes to someone else... :p

I am ok with Drawing and Fading, but i cannot accept Hooking and Slicing and last few rounds was just like this.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:34 pm

i hardly see u these days becuz of your new job..let me know when u drop by!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:27 am

Sure... will be playing this sunday.....
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:44 pm

jhan, I need help with my swing.
I keep hitting fairways and greens. I cant seem to find the rough and bunkers or OB.
Please help, Im desperate!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:27 pm

darenlim wrote:
I keep hitting fairways and greens. I cant seem to find the rough and bunkers or OB.

Ooi !!..u dun disturb my coach can anot !!...haha !!

wait i show you wat is "One Piece" hor...haha !!

snowman
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:13 pm

"One Piece" is a Japanese Manga! I like Smile
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:51 pm

darenlim wrote:
"One Piece" is a Japanese Manga! I like Smile

"one piece" is taught by you....remember ?

Snowman
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Jhan is an excellent player and coach.
If anyone needs to learn more, should definitely get him.
Highly recommended!

i did not teach "One Piece", just recommend it :0)
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 pm

darenlim wrote:

as usual u r full of nonsense darren. LOL
Back to top Go down
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Justin, can you please help me?
Need to get my shots wilder and make more putts (literally)!
Smile

Btw, can you teach me left handed? Im really interested!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:42 pm

I will show u the "one piece" on tpy range one day...haha !!

Leave my coach alone ar...keke

snowman
Back to top Go down
iori_del
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:01 pm

HI. how do i find out what are yr charges and what are the approach and lesson plan? Jus complete my beginner and find my coach cant help me in my very lousy swing!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:03 pm

Coach Justin is currently on Asian Tour, he should be arriving in Phillipines within these few days. Just clock 3 more posts and PM him for the details. If you have something you want to achieve, just let him know. He will be able to help you.
Back to top Go down
iori_del
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 7:50 am

hi duffader, thanks for the reply and good luck for him on his tour.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Hey Justin, thanks for time. You been a great coach and I am looking forward to next lessons. I should have signed up earlier. Guess it is better to be late then never... Razz

Anyone looking for a coach in Warren should pay a visit Justin. He will fix you up in no time...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:15 am

KK, glade you paid him a visit. How did you fared in Keppel last thursday?
My bloody appointment was canceled or else I could have joint you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:26 am

thought I give a more recent, complete feedback since I have had 5 hrs of lessons with jhan. First, he played a round with me to observe my swing, faults, where I usually lost strokes etc.

We identified key areas to improve:
- long game: weak slice robbing me of distance (rare GIR) and causing lost balls (penalties)
- short game: distance control on pitching, getting solid contact on chipping
- bunker shot: learn proper technique, gain confidence to blast the ball out in one try

My personal goal was to consistently play in the mid to high 80s, and to minimize blown scores (anything over double bogey) on a hole.

On long game, coach asked me to change my grip (thanks to Jsmooth also), my swing path going back, learn to synchronize body and hands on the release/follow through, to reduce my wristy-armsy action. On short game/bunker, coach taught me from scratch. The focus was on posture, weight distribution, body release and acceleration.

results:
I am happy to say my slice is almost gone, though it can come a couple of times during a round, however now I know what went wrong and I can fix it. Before, I usually follow a slice with a snap hook. I also dont dread the pitch anymore. I still struggle in the sand at times, but I can do it in practice so it's just about confidence. I over-swing half the time, and still have slightly out-to-in path, so my misses are left, but they dont go far left.

Scores: Off white, scoring in low 90s, high 80s on my best day. Off blue, still high 90s. So I know I'm on the right track. It's about keeping the change permanent and continue to fight the old habits, they really die hard like John Mclane scratch

But for monthly golfers, golf is always a battle: now I struggle with putting. I had 8 three-puts on my way to a 91 recently. Long par fours are 80% bogey for me coz I can only reach in 3. FW off grass-long hybrid play still needs work. Fat shot is the new monkey on my back. Thankfully I still have one hour left with Jhan.

In summary: those 5 lessons with Jhan are worth every cent and every hour of my time (i drive all the way from east coast btw). It's my best investments in golf so far. Yet he's no magician folks, I have to put in the time to practice and play.

Jhan is getting busy playing on tour though so I wish him the best!
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:57 am

Good stuff there Panji.

My schedule and Justin's schedule are always not in sync unfortunately... I've yet to be able to get the lesson from him Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:02 pm

COach Justin will not be around for the next few weeks as he currently on tour again. So I hope he have text Sunny or Moon that he will not be playing in this week's GR charity game. I did remind him yesterday though.
Back to top Go down
Rick Chua
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Rick Chua

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:42 pm

Hi Justin,

me too need some coaching, which day do u conducts lesson? can drop by WCC to meet you. thank you
Back to top Go down
http://www.flotech.com
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Justin is going on tour again for the next 4 weeks. Drop him a PM if you need.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Dear all. As of the 1st of September, I will be officially employed at Muru golf academy at the Warren Golf and Country Club as a full time teaching professional. I do have a profile at the start of this thread for those who know little of me. I've helped several forum members in the past during my time as a part time teaching professional and I'd be more than happy to welcome any queries you might have on rates, programs or packages that we have to offer.I do still conduct lessons at present time as I am a part time staff till the 30th of August. Thanks guys and happy golfing!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:06 pm

jhan18 wrote:
Dear all. As of the 1st of September, I will be officially employed at Muru golf academy at the Warren Golf and Country Club as a full time teaching professional. I do have a profile at the start of this thread for those who know little of me. I've helped several forum members in the past during my time as a part time teaching professional and I'd be more than happy to welcome any queries you might have on rates, programs or packages that we have to offer.I do still conduct lessons at present time as I am a part time staff till the 30th of August. Thanks guys and happy golfing!

Awesome!! Congrats bro and good luck Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Coach on the block!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next