Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Coach on the block!

Go down 
+30
darenlim
duffader
golf_snowman
Eltonjuan
RegiT
eiji
TigaWood
mervyntan
and68low
J.B.Low
slinger
jurongtiger
siaw8
jaketang
alvin7379
nrafee
nientsu
ghoonk
mUAr_cHEe
shotah
shorthitter
Birdman
blee67
Technospaz
pushslice
missmoon
hardrock
DGman
sunny
jhan18
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

New Coach on the block! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 4:03 pm

jhan18 wrote:
jaketang wrote:
congrats Justin!!! long heard of u but no chance to see u in action yet...

does lefty have special price for lesson from you? Embarassed

unfortunately not jaketang..haha. nice try Laughing

hahha joking.....

juz to check, do you have like a trial 1 hr 1 lesson? i mean, i will pay for it but would like to find out more on the 1st lesson...

like wat some bro mention, base on our individual swing, what will u sugeest, recommend, etc....
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 pm

well firstly before we start I'd like to know you a bit better before i watch you hit a few shots. Handicap, how often you play,practice and find out what you think you are doing and why and we'll see how we improve on what you have. Yes everyone's body type(eg flexibility and strength) varies. In the case of most people, their swing is dictated by how strong or flexible they are. Another important factor would be the image of your swing that you might have. Some people just simply step up and hit, some have methods or theories to start their swings or begin the downswing, etc. I prefer to break down what the person might need to work on. Eg if the person has poor posture, swings it too steep and has poor impact, then I'd recommend he fix the posture first to enable him to be able to get the club in a better position on the way back. I believe that once the student understands the cause and effects of his technique, he'll improve faster. Example, if your ball slices, do you understand why? If you do what's going on that's wrong? Once he understands why, he'll find it easier to know how to. Also it depends on you. Do you want to work on your swing say in a given time frame? or it's just a one off thing.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:18 am

hey Coach Jhan

Can you offer crash course for students? Like 3 sessions to fix/advise on general faults.

I frequent Warren a lot and I would be back in Spore for 2 weeks in Feb! How wld you charge?>
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 6:32 am

so far justin have given me a few lessons, on the range and on the course and i must say i am impressed with the things that hhe have taught me. It has actually work and he was able to adjust fron my current swing rather than teaching me a whole entire new swing.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:10 am

jhan18 wrote:
jaketang wrote:

or u can offer jaketang special the other way.

"you should pay more to support your fellow lefty."

or...

"you try to go and find another lefty coach lah..."

or...

hahahahaha... i can go on forever.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 8:56 am

tx MC..... steady.....

pig
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 am

shotah wrote:
so far justin have given me a few lessons, on the range and on the course and i must say i am impressed with the things that hhe have taught me. It has actually work and he was able to adjust fron my current swing rather than teaching me a whole entire new swing.

Improving what you have is what game improvement is all about. Unless an absolute beginner most golfers have a rough idea of the golf swing. The swing itself depends on what is that rough idea and how does the body react to that idea may it be right or wrong. Not everyone is a tour player who wants to totally revamp their swing. The aim is to help my student swing efficiently and most importantly naturally.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 9:59 am

jurongtiger wrote:
hey Coach Jhan

Can you offer crash course for students? Like 3 sessions to fix/advise on general faults.

I frequent Warren a lot and I would be back in Spore for 2 weeks in Feb! How wld you charge?>

Do Pm me for more info or drop an email at jhanpga@yahoo.com.sg. It's 80 an hour for an individual lesson.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:16 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
jhan18 wrote:
jaketang wrote:

or u can offer jaketang special the other way.

"you should pay more to support your fellow lefty."

or...

"you try to go and find another lefty coach lah..."

or...

hahahahaha... i can go on forever.

alamak Muar_Chee. Not so bad la. why u suan jaketang. he's just trying his luck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Got my first short game lesson with JHan this morning. We could see the huge difference in how the ball behaved on the green from simple changes in my chip/pitch setup, grip and body turn. It's on me now to make them permanent and translate into more pars.

JH, + one on you. Putting and Bunker lessons next. Tks.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:02 pm

pushslice wrote:
Got my first short game lesson with JHan this morning. We could see the huge difference in how the ball behaved on the green from simple changes in my chip/pitch setup, grip and body turn. It's on me now to make them permanent and translate into more pars.

JH, + one on you. Putting and Bunker lessons next. Tks.

Cheers! I'm sure you'll achieve your target to be more consistent around the greens.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:20 pm

Great to see immediate progress pushslice. Very Happy

So what was the reason for you not being able to chip, or was that lob, with the sand wedge? I'm curious to know....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:32 pm

walau, if pusshslice tell u all the secret, u dun need to go lessons liao....... must support our local pro, birdman, y u so kiam....... Laughing

JH, +1 for u
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 9:57 pm

hi birdman, it was pretty much everything; deceleration, the raised left shoulder, lack of shoulder turn, grip being too strong, ball too far back in stance, weight not forward enough, and chiefly, the wristy action I did to compensate all the bad stuff mentioned before.

as you rightly said, to be consistent...KISS.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:16 pm

slinger wrote:
walau, if pusshslice tell u all the secret, u dun need to go lessons liao....... must support our local pro, birdman, y u so kiam....... Laughing

JH, +1 for u

i think the secret is that Jhan got some tricks up his sleeve on short game, gotta visit him to know. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 4:20 am

slinger wrote:

When I asked the question, you were right, kiam, cos haven't bathe. Now all freshened up oredi and ready to see Jhan.

ROFL

Aiyah, just wanted to know if it was the flipping hands that was pushslice initial downfall...

Glad he got it sorted out with 'Lefty' Han.

Watch your score drop like a ton of bricks pushslice. Shoring up the short game is the easiest way to improve. I learnt that lesson the hard way over too many stubborn years. You're lucky!
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:09 am

Birdman wrote:
slinger wrote:

When I asked the question, you were right, kiam, cos haven't bathe. Now all freshened up oredi and ready to see Jhan.

ROFL

Aiyah, just wanted to know if it was the flipping hands that was pushslice initial downfall...

Glad he got it sorted out with 'Lefty' Han.

Watch your score drop like a ton of bricks pushslice. Shoring up the short game is the easiest way to improve. I learnt that lesson the hard way over too many stubborn years. You're lucky!

well it's great that u realise now birdman. I still see so many ppl at the range bashing balls when they should be practicing their short game!
Back to top Go down
J.B.Low
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
J.B.Low

Location : tengah airbase/ warren golf club/ anywhere the wind blows

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 7:50 am

mate i reckon i need short game lesson too. can't afford the 80 an hour though
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:46 am

Hey Justin, looking forward to our game tomorrow, had told snake to bring lots of cash for its going to be like playing the lottery for us ie. no chance, hit rate 0%. But sure to have lots of fun and laugh. Just one request, leave some flesh on the bone, so we can recover and be back again for lessons from you.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:54 am

Well, And68low, this is the sacrifice we have to make in preparation for the big match against SS and SLinger. Tomorrow, we will witness the Hammer of Thor by Tim and the short game precision of Jhan....... Heard that Tim will be practising today off blue..... Smile
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
and68low

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:00 am

Shotah, why Tim need to practice???? they will put us in their pockets, side coin pocket too! we already been handed the death sentence liao mah!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:03 am

so who is playing who...

where is the odd maker plus chng ga...Agumon!

on a sidenote...most of the playing pros have a variety of short game thats different from textbook stuff. if you get a chance to bet with them, you will learn even more. So be prepared to become the atm for a day...but you will learn a lot.

DGman

Last edited by DGman on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:05 am

Well, you know how mercenaries are... they dun like to give you instant death... they will always let you feel that you still have chance of survival and yet we will still die in the end.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 am

DGman,

The matchup will me LowHan Academy against Shotah and And68Low.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:07 am

i refrained from betting on this one because its politically wrong to put money on either side, if you know what i mean.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Coach on the block!   New Coach on the block! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Coach on the block!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next