Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collecting scorecards for handicap

Go down 
+8
kopiO
Khorkar
weesern
weaponx
daveaha
hardballs
Duval_S
JawereZ
12 posters
AuthorMessage
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

Collecting scorecards for handicap Empty
PostSubject: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi,

Is it true that we need to collect 5 x 18 holes scorecard to apply for handicap maintenance ?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:28 pm

yeap...the one which maintain my HC require 5 submissions
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:47 pm

Meaning, you play 5 rounds of 18 holes in Sg only? Can we submit Malaysia or Bintan scorecard?
Back to top Go down
hardballs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hardballs

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:51 pm

Maybe check with whoever will maintain your hcp but generally Malaysia or Indonesia courses are ok along with SG courses if they have a USGA course and slope rating. So somewhere like Green Fairways may not count.
I have just handed in my 5 cards with SGA which included courses from all three countries and they are ok with them.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:54 pm

Other countries are fine for submission. I submitted my cards from Indonesia and Malaysia courses...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:57 pm

yep, mine requires 5 submissions as well... i think the important thing is that the courses have a USGA course and slope rating
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:39 pm

the key is the course must have USGA course and slope rating
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:23 pm

thanks all, great info. So can recommend which club to choose for maintaining our handicap. tq
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 7:15 pm

For those who played in Kukup, I heard that their course and slope rating are not approved. Is this true?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 8:46 pm

Quote :
Quote :
JawereZ wrote:
thanks all, great info. So can recommend which club to choose for maintaining our handicap. tq

there are actually a few around....MGK, AAA, AGM, SGA etc etc and even some society for engineers....(duh!!!) and of course your home clubs if you have membership.
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kopiO

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:15 pm

5 scorecards is required, because the USGA handicap is computed based on a minimum of 5 scores (the lowest multiply .96)... it's not for maintenance, but for first creation.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 11:23 pm

remb to attach reciept as well.....
to prove u did play there....
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 12:34 am

receipts?
Wa seh... i din keep neh.,.. chum lor..
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
ron81

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 1:38 am

JawereZ wrote:

Golf Kaki is good plus you get to play OCC at low price.. Easy submission of score card by internet.. But you will need to be a Union member to join.
Back to top Go down
hardballs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
hardballs

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:21 am

SGA did not ask for receipts and they did not mention it when I spoke with them.
Back to top Go down
Edwin
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Edwin

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:08 am

I also think that receipt is not required. New changes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collecting scorecards for handicap   Collecting scorecards for handicap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collecting scorecards for handicap
Page 1 of 1