Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...

Go down 
+8
joleelyn
chemicalpro
jk23
daveaha
WiLL
nrafee
nientsu
RonHo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
RonHo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... Empty
PostSubject: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi all,

Total beginner here... Not sure if I posted in the right sub-forum.

Looking for 4 or 5 more people to form a group for beginner golf lessons on Sunday mornings...
I've got another friend who might be interested as well... so we can form a group of 6..

I live Hougang, no fixed school in mind..but looking at perhaps Star golf at Marina bay golf course..
6 pax = $308 each, 5 pax = $358, 4 pax = $407..

Those who are interested, please kindly PM me your email/contact or leave your email/contact in this post....(I don't think I have enough postcount to PM though)...

Due to work and school, can only make it for Sunday lessons.. Looking to start ASAP!!
All are welcome!
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Bro

You wont learn much if its a 5 in a group lesson. If you look at the dollars and cents, yes, you saved. But in terms of content and technique learnt, you are just wasting time and $$$.

Lessons are something that you cannot stinge on with you are interested in golf. Best is a 2-in-a-gp lesson.

Thats just my personal point of view.
Back to top Go down
RonHo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 11:24 pm

thank you for the perspective bro nientsu...your views are appreciated =)

Will the contents covered be different in a 2person grp vs 6person grp? Or the difference lies in the amount of "attention" each student gets from the coach and the pace of the lessons?

I guess there's always a tradeoff.. its like going for a tutorial class vs going for private tuition..though the learning might not be as effective in a group.. I think it can be quite fun to meet new likeminded people in a bigger group too and of course the $$ perspective....guess just have to absorb as much as we can in a group..lolz... anyway thanks again for your views!
Back to top Go down
RonHo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:40 am

Hi.. can bro/sis q**n*** please PM me your email or contact so that I can contact you? I not enough post to PM back yet =(
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 9:52 am

you just need any 7 post to enable your PM ability. Smile
Back to top Go down
WiLL
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 10:17 am

Hi Ron, it all come down to whether you wanna achieve more in golfing skills or to enjoy the process in learning together... I went for the 4 in a group lesson, imo its not effective as most of the time trainer will spend more time/attention on the slower student (or mayb she quite chio i dunno)... I will rather go for personal trainer or max 2 in a group, and as for fun to meet likeminded people, you can always go to the range session organise by GRians.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi Ron,
If you want to learn in a group, my suggestion is to cap it at 3 per group. More than that you'll learn nothing...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 3:15 pm

RonHo wrote:
thank you for the perspective bro nientsu...your views are appreciated =)

Will the contents covered be different in a 2person grp vs 6person grp? Or the difference lies in the amount of "attention" each student gets from the coach and the pace of the lessons?

I guess there's always a tradeoff.. its like going for a tutorial class vs going for private tuition..though the learning might not be as effective in a group.. I think it can be quite fun to meet new likeminded people in a bigger group too and of course the $$ perspective....guess just have to absorb as much as we can in a group..lolz... anyway thanks again for your views!

Hey Bro

Happy New Year to you.

If you have taken golf before, you will know that what people tell you to do and what you are trying to do can be a difficult task. Contects covered is definately the same, but what you are trying execute what the coach is telling you is another matter. A simple quarter swing can, done right, can take a month or two. Yes, golf is that difficult.

Best is if its a solo class. But if cost is an issue, 2 or 3 per class like wat the rest mentioned is ok. As i said earlier, coaching is something you cant save on. Epqt-wise, you can buy second-hand.
Back to top Go down
jk23
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:05 pm

hi.. i am interested in forming a group for golf lessons as well
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:08 pm

Yeah keep the group size to 2 or 3. 5 or 6 and you might get 10minutes of the coach's attention per hour, might not be that bang for buck.

Best of luck, and welcome to golf! Smile
Back to top Go down
joleelyn
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
joleelyn

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:12 pm

I agree to cap it at 2-3... the lessons should not be every week anyways. rather, every 2 weeks. that will give u time to practice before learning more things...

money wise. it will always be money well spent with lessons. its how you make use of those lessons. =D

hope all the advice helps bro... and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm

In the past, i took lesson with 8 pax.
Basically each lesson 1.5hrs with oni 10 mins of training for each.
Nothing we can learn from 10mins. (thou jus $280/pax)

Most friends ended up still not hitting well.
Unable to get the swing right.

I think, i learnt more from youtube & practise than the lesson..

So, I think max 3 person is ok.
But best, 2 person ba. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HV
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
HV

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Hello there... Just tagging along to this thread... I am a newbie as well and looking to start some lessons.... Have not touched clubs before and so am totally new to this....
Back to top Go down
Seiko
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Seiko

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:34 pm

I agreed with the fellow GR members here. Better to a small group. Maximum 4pax. More pple more messy.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:44 am

Intercept this thread, looking for someone to join me for joey class at keppel. Target 2 to 3. Let me know if interested. Pm me your number thanks.
Back to top Go down
aik001
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 am

RonHo wrote:
6 pax = $308 each, 5 pax = $358, 4 pax = $407..

hi,

borrow ur tread to ask some noob questions.
i dono how to golf, looking to start learning soon. was wondering if the above rates is the norm?
i live in the north, any schools in the north? or at occ?
Back to top Go down
aik001
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:55 am

oh and the rates is how many lessons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...   Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for 4 or 5 more to form group for Beginner lessons on Sundays mornings...
Page 1 of 1