Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joseph Schooling awesome!!!

Go down 
+3
yaozza07
Turbo
coe16arg
7 posters
AuthorMessage
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

Joseph Schooling awesome!!! Empty
PostSubject: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 1:11 pm

I know he is not a golfer but isn't his performance at rio really awesome?! cheers

Hope he can win gold tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 5:02 pm

At least a medal ... Gold may be a tall order as a few speed monsters from certain countries including Phelps have not used up their fuel tank during the semi finals ...
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Yea, medal will be amazing achievement already but 50.83 is super good time, world standard. Of course Phelps will win but lets see tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Phelps was preserving his energy for his following event - 200m medley final which was held after the 100m Fly semi final. He therefore will be able to floor his accelerator come tmr 100m Fly final.

Cseh from Hungary and Shield from USA are also well known speed demons.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 8:33 pm

Hope Schooling win a Gold medal and do SG proud!!

Be the First SG Olympic Gold medalist!!

We support you!!

Chia yu!!!
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:17 am

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:18 am

Fantastic feat! We have a Olympic gold medal champion in Joseph Schooling! He makes history! Awesome! Congrats Schooling!!

In addition, it is an Olympic record timing!! He broke the previous OR achieved by Phelps.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:38 am

All the 3 in 2nd place are legends in the pool.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:48 am

coe16arg wrote:
All the 3 in 2nd place are legends in the pool.
Yeah! These 3 took their hats off to Schooling for his incredible feat in OR time ... They swam over to congratulate Schooling after the time was displayed on the screen.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 10:26 am

Wow, amazing. I take back my words. Beating legends doesn't happen everyday
Back to top Go down
Bernie Tan Golf Coach
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 11:52 am

My student's mummy was jumping for Joy for Schooling's win at the driving range. I first thought she was happy about her kid's but she was even happier for Joseph Schooling's win!!! She said to me, now she has so much hope for her own kids in the future hehe. It was a very cute moment.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 2:51 pm

It is not everyday we see a Schooling surfaces from Sg as our talent pool is limited. All the female paddlers who represent Sg in this Olympic game are FT turned Singaporeans ... Athlete of Schooling's caliber in Sg is only one in a generation perhaps ...
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:20 pm

Joseph Schooling awesome!!! 2ng4vn7
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 9:20 pm

Congrats joseph schooling
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

He plays golf with his dad
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 10:13 pm

Phelps also a golfer and quite a good one as well. Perhaps he wanna follow his idol footstep ...
Back to top Go down
Bernie Tan Golf Coach
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 12:18 pm

What does sit take to have a golf version of Joseph Schooling? 

What are your thoughts?  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 12:37 pm

Start to identify him/her at the age of 3-4 years. Train full time when he/she is in his/her teens (e.g. tiger woods) ... Those world class top seed paddlers from China who won Gold & silver medals recently at Rio Olympic trained full time at a very young age. Examples are Ding Ning, Ma Long, Liu SW, Zhang Jike, Li XX, etc. They were sponsored by their government to train full time since day 1. You not only need pure talent, you need good financial sponsorship to succeed at the top sporting level.
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Bernie Tan Golf Coach wrote:

Same route taken by him...go to usa to train. They have the best college golf system in the world, just like swimming.

So the question to us as the golfing community is this:

Are we willing to support our own talented junior golfers if they are deemed to have the same kind of potential as joseph schooling?
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 11:34 pm

coe16arg wrote:
Bernie Tan Golf Coach wrote:

Same route taken by him...go to usa to train. They have the best college golf system in the world, just like swimming.

So the question to us as the golfing community is this:

Are we willing to support our own talented junior golfers if they are deemed to have the same kind of potential as joseph schooling?

The answer we all know is No.
scratch
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
coe16arg

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 10:06 am

Actually it will be interesting to see what the new SGA will come up with in terms of growing the game in singapore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joseph Schooling awesome!!!   Joseph Schooling awesome!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joseph Schooling awesome!!!
Page 1 of 1