Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods? Empty
PostSubject: Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods?   Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Is it possible that the golf world has found its next Tiger Woods? Is it possible that this player does not play on the PGA tour, but plays on the LPGA? 

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2016/04/is-lydia-ko-new-tiger-woods.html
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods?   Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 9:55 am

She is more like the replacement of Annika Sorentam ... She is far away  to became the next female Tiger as of now as she only won two majors. But she is certainly on track to be one ... It remains to be seen on how many major championships she will be able to garner in the future.
Back to top Go down
ancient warrior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods?   Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 12:30 pm

I think need more time to see if she can continue to perform at this level. Look at Yani Tseng and Michelle Wie, so much hope but.....
Back to top Go down
Golf noob
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golf noob

PostSubject: Re: Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods?   Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:18 pm

Turbo wrote:
She is more like the replacement of Annika Sorentam ... She is far away  to became the next female Tiger as of now as she only won two majors. But she is certainly on track to be one ... It remains to be seen on how many major championships she will be able to garner in the future.

Totally agreed .. IMHO Winning majors is 1 thing, Look at the crowds following TW back in the days and the excitement he brought to the game of Golf. It's a joy to watched him play those days .
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods?   Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:28 pm

Golf noob wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Totally agreed .. IMHO Winning majors is 1 thing, Look at the crowds following TW back in the days and the excitement he brought to the game of Golf. It's a joy to watched him play those days .
TW is not just a tour pro but also a superstar albeit he may not have the celeb looks ... Very Happy

Lydia Ko although very talented and scarily consistent in her game, she lacks the "wow" factor. In fact the up and coming youngsters like Minjee Lee, In-Gee Chun and Alison Lee have more "wow" and X factor than the former. 

Michelle Wie is a mere hype ... She is very weak in her putting. If she could improve in her putting, am sure she could be in the winning circle again. Same story for USA no. 1 female golfer, Lexi Thompson. Very inconsistent in her putting.
Back to top Go down
Golf noob
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golf noob

PostSubject: Re: Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods?   Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 2:41 pm

hope the old " Lao Hor " will make a comeback to the current game like the way he's playing in the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods?   Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Lydia Ko the Next Tiger Woods?
Page 1 of 1