Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adidas selling its golf unit

Go down 
+3
hkhamateur
Turbo
willytan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

Adidas selling its golf unit Empty
PostSubject: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 5:27 pm

I think they sponsoring too many touring pros liao.

http://fortune.com/2015/08/06/adidas-golf-sale/
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 1:44 pm

Probably it is a wrong move for Adidas to acquire TM and Adams Golf ... I don't think it is sponsoring of too many tour pros issue. Many tour pros are not paid to use TM equipment. They may be able to use the TM equipment free. Only top Pros like Sergio Garcia, Justin Rose, Jason Day, Dustin Johnson, etc. are being paid endorsement fees. 

I doubt Nike golf division is doing as well as their other sport equipment sales too.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 10:16 pm

Would be surprise new ownership from china. Wink
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 10:59 pm

The chase for market share has bled them.
They seemed to have failed in their strategy of price-cutting, and swarming the market with their golf clubs. There is a golf club for every player, EVERY 3 months (ok exaggerated).
Both Adams and Ashworth are probably too small to make any significant impact compared to TM. 
Callaway/Odessey is a strong competitor doing likewise.
New product launches come with risks.
Abd sophisticated designs usually raise costs and so chews away margins.
Addidas is also facing tough competition too from new boy Under Amour.For sure, they probably inherited a shell after acquiring Adams and Ashworth.
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 11:38 pm

So what do you guys suggest?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 12:02 pm

Sell off Adam and Ashcroft. Maintain TM.
Consumers need TM for affordable clubs and to contest the callaway juggernaut
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Don't be surprised if a Korean company is already in talks with Adidas for TM now ... I witnessed a few well known golfing brands like Acushnet, Fila, Le Coq Sportif, etc. being acquired by big Korean firms.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 1:58 pm

Turbo wrote:
Don't be surprised if[url=#92786976] aAdidas selling its golf unit Arrow-10x10[/url] Korean company is already in talks with Adidas for TM now ... I witnessed[url=#23659268] aAdidas selling its golf unit Arrow-10x10[/url] few well known golfing brands like Acushnet, Fila, Le Coq Sportif, etc. being acquired by big Korean firms.

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 11:32 pm

http://www.mygolfspy.com/taylormade-no-longer-1-in-golf/
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 9:14 am

asahi wrote:
http://www.mygolfspy.com/taylormade-no-longer-1-in-golf/

Looks like there has been a lot of meddling and pressure from the top & shareholders, all for profits.
The double digit falls in revenue are due to short-term thinking by price cutting and over supply.
You can be sure those left behind are the B & C teams by now.

Wish I was an owner of a Korean chaebol to buy them Smile
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 10:54 am

I think partly due to gloomy market, golf is always been an expensive sport (compare to the all other sports), first thing people do budget cutting will be the expensive things. Change less clubs?

Adidas should have used Taylormade brand for apparels instead of Adidas... somehow it doesn't associate to golf that much as compare to Taylormade apparels, likewise for Footjoy, should have Titleist apparels. Just look at Callaway, and Nike, it's like a complete set from head to toe.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adidas selling its golf unit   Adidas selling its golf unit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adidas selling its golf unit
Page 1 of 1