Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommendations for Hotel in Batam

Go down 
+3
almag69
DLWL
Gofnut
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Recommendations for Hotel in Batam Empty
PostSubject: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Hi, am considering golfing at Palm Spring & Tering Bay over two days. Instead of staying at Nongsa that is reportedly quiet in the evening, we would like to look for a reasonably priced hotel with decent ambience located at Batam Centre so we can have easy access to sports massage and zi car dinner. Would appreciate recommendations from GRians who have recently stayed over. Please share details of room cost if possible. TIA.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Just stayed at Novotel in Batam. $90 a night for twin sharing room. Quite comfortable and near amenities (except for the couple next door that quarreled throughout the night -_-'). Taxi ride about $5 to anywhere in the city. Staff are friendly and professional.
Back to top Go down
almag69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Brand new hotel in Batam - ihotel Baloi. Very comfy and classy. Abt S$70. Highly recommended. 5 mins to Nagoya Hill shopping centre and beside a shopping mall also. Lots of vibe at night. Close to massages as well.
Back to top Go down
almag69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Sorry their website http://ihotelbaloi.com/
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 8:47 am

Hi almag69 & DLWL, 

Thanks for your recommendations. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 10:24 am

DLWL wrote:
Just stayed at Novotel in Batam. $90 a night for twin sharing room. Quite comfortable and near amenities (except for the couple next door that quarreled throughout the night -_-'). Taxi ride about $5 to anywhere in the city. Staff are friendly and professional.
I stayed in this Novotel before ... amenities and environment is reasonable for the price one is paying but the main concern is, in the middle of the night, someone would call you up (if you are a guy travelling alone and staying alone in the room) to ask if you need to satisfy your "natural urge" ... Laughing

I am not kidding ... It really happened to me a few years ago whilst travelling alone in Batam for business cum golf ...
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Turbo wrote:
DLWL wrote:
I stayed in this Novotel before ... amenities and environment is reasonable for the price one is paying but the main concern is, in the middle of the night, someone would call you up (if you are a guy travelling alone and staying alone in the room) to ask if you need to satisfy your "natural urge" ... Laughing

I am not kidding ... It really happened to me a few years ago whilst travelling alone in Batam for business cum golf ..

really? wow... i must go try staying this novotel hotel, never experience this "call" before, i must try.

feedback only. i stayed at pacific plaza hotel before which i find it very good for the price i pay. i pay 550k (indo rup). i like the swimming pool (there is a jacuzi hot pool which i love to stay inside after golf) food court and disco.

I stay at amir which is at the ferry terminal habourbay, ok. there is no pool. but near the terminal food court/resturant which i enjoy the beer and food. i pay sgd$40-45.

I stay farmosa hotel before. no pool. but walking distance to nagoya hill mall and the "sport massage" near by not bad too. it is also beside they "computer mall" and is walking distance to their "wet market" which is quiet fun as we never see these wet market nowadays anymore. I pay sgd$55-60. there is a lovinna inn nearby (1min walk) which is a budget hotel, the price is 310k indo rup. i stay once there too and the room are ok but small. i like the aircon as it is indivdual and we could leave it on when we leave the room (meaning the room will be cool). very basic only but cheap. there is a music resturant nearby for beer and food which is cool too and a few coffee shop. this location is best when i want food and shopping center within walking distance.

all these are at nagoya area. I never stay nongsa area before. I would love to try, so if any brother can provide me feedback in nongsa area, i will appericate. i am not looking at expensive hotel resort because after 18 hole, i am pretty much worn out, i just want not expensive hotel, beer and food. so if you have any to recommond, thank you.
Back to top Go down
zhian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 12:37 pm

mi5trooper wrote:
Turbo wrote:
DLWL wrote:

I am not kidding ... It really happened to me a few years ago whilst travelling alone in Batam for business cum golf ..

really? wow... i must go try staying this novotel hotel, never experience this "call" before, i must try.

feedback only. i stayed at pacific plaza hotel before which i find it very good for the price i pay. i pay 550k (indo rup). i like the swimming pool (there is a jacuzi hot pool which i love to stay inside after golf) food court and disco.

I stay at amir which is at the ferry terminal habourbay, ok. there is no pool. but near the terminal food court/resturant which i enjoy the beer and food. i pay sgd$40-45.

I stay farmosa hotel before. no pool. but walking distance to nagoya hill mall and the "sport massage" near by not bad too. it is also beside they "computer mall" and is walking distance to their "wet market" which is quiet fun as we never see these wet market nowadays anymore. I pay sgd$55-60. there is a lovinna inn nearby (1min walk) which is a budget hotel, the price is 310k indo rup. i stay once there too and the room are ok but small. i like the aircon as it is indivdual and we could leave it on when we leave the room (meaning the room will be cool). very basic only but cheap. there is a music resturant nearby for beer and food which is cool too and a few coffee shop. this location is best when i want food and shopping center within walking distance.

all these are at nagoya area. I never stay nongsa area before. I would love to try, so if any brother can provide me feedback in nongsa area, i will appericate. i am not looking at expensive hotel resort because after 18 hole, i am pretty much worn out, i just want not expensive hotel, beer and food. so if you have any to recommond, thank you.

Nongsa hotels are not good bro... The only decent one is Batam View and even that is already worn out... You might want to try Hotel 89 near Penuin... Good hotel... We normally put golfers up in this hotel. No complains so far.
Back to top Go down
zhian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 12:37 pm

Nongsa hotels are not good bro... The only decent one is Batam View and even that is already worn out... You might want to try Hotel 89 near Penuin... Good hotel... We normally put golfers up in this hotel. No complains so far.
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2015 10:56 pm

zhian wrote:

Thanks bro. I be staying at novotel this time. Hope i have the funny experience the brothers said before. Haha....

I be playing at sukajadi.
Back to top Go down
Linzhian
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 12:09 pm

mi5trooper wrote:
zhian wrote:

Thanks bro. I be staying at novotel this time. Hope i have the funny experience the brothers said before. Haha....

I be playing at sukajadi.
When are you coming over to play? Never come to me worrrr
Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 1:25 pm

I come on 23 this thu. Return on 25 this sat. I stay in novotel and play at sukajadi. If u got time, we can have a late dinner and beer session on fri at windsor food court,  if u want. My Whatapps is 96881210.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for Hotel in Batam   Recommendations for Hotel in Batam I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for Hotel in Batam
Page 1 of 1