Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Selling in GR vs selling in other website

Go down 
+9
Technospaz
beehome
vinjess
katherinechiok
Denmeister
andrew-golf
TDO
Chunky Munky
Pizzaman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

Selling in GR vs selling in other website Empty
PostSubject: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi fellow club ho,

Anyone encounter more nonsense selling clubs in other websites than selling in GR?

It seems like selling in the other site are more prone to MIA and receiving funny questions. Of cos, some are really nice guys though.
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 3:53 pm

I've not had any issues up until now....saying that I've only used GR and golfsite.sg. Met some really good guys too! Smile
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:09 pm

used to sell or trade in my used clubs to 2nd hand shops but nowadays the price that they offer is ridiculously low. Think the equipment market is not too good for them. But good for consumers though.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:23 pm

Pizzaman wrote:
used to sell or trade in my used clubs to 2nd hand shops but nowadays the price that they offer is ridiculously low. Think the equipment market is not too good for them. But good for consumers though.
It's the same as when you are selling your car to a used car dealer. They offer you ridiculously low price and sell at high high price. That's where and how they make their money. But they also have their risks too. Like for example they are stuck with many 2009 cars with low COE price. What goes aroung comes around?
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:36 pm

TDO wrote:
Pizzaman wrote:
It's the same as when you are selling your car to a used car dealer. They offer you ridiculously low price and sell at high high price. That's where and how they make their money. But they also have their risks too. Like for example they are stuck with many 2009 cars with low COE price. What goes aroung comes around?

understand your point. Now, I can see the same old stocks stuck there.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:48 pm

i was being stocked selling on other site 
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 4:55 pm

my post on the other site always kana pushed to page 3-4 within a day. Its always the same few ppl blasting old posts that flood the 1st page. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:03 pm

I bought a fake vokey sm4 from a seller at golfsite.  Guys, pls do your due diligence regardless of which platform you are buying from.
Back to top Go down
katherinechiok
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
katherinechiok

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Ahhhhh... Now that explains why GR has such strict rules and guidelines in the market place... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:34 pm

Denmeister wrote:
I bought a fake vokey sm4 from a seller at golfsite.  Guys, pls do your due diligence regardless of which platform you are buying from.

wah... never see a fake vokey before. But I know a lot of fake Scotty headcovers were being posted there before.
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
vinjess

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:43 pm

I saw one ad in golfsite before. 3 vokey sm4 brand new selling at $120. Wonder original or ....
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
beehome

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Yes, WTS in GR is more credible. 2 thumbs up to GR! cheers
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 7:20 pm

All boils down to rep, I guess. In GR, it's easier to know who the regulars are so their credibility is at stake. Elsewhere, there isn't a proper rep function so it's a bit hit and miss.

That said, I've had some crappy deals off GR but these days, it's been pretty smooth sailing Smile
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Pizzaman wrote:
Denmeister wrote:

wah... never see a fake vokey before. But I know a lot of fake Scotty headcovers were being posted there before.

Workmanship is difficult to tell apart. 
Mine did not come with a serial number at the hosel and the oil can finish did not rust like it is supposed to.  Instead, the color on the sides are fading away.

I also compared the grooves between and authentic one and my fake one. 

The ends of the grooves are more v shaped for the real one.  Fake one has more of a rounded end.

I now know who to put in the black book.
Back to top Go down
Itsuki
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Itsuki

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Bro Den

Perhaps you can share with the id/name of the culprit so other bros won't fall prey as well?
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:01 pm

I was almost conned into buying a fake set of honma irons on golfsite.
Nevertheless had a few good buys too.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:49 pm

Denmeister wrote:
Pizzaman wrote:
Denmeister wrote:

Workmanship is difficult to tell apart. 
Mine did not come with a serial number at the hosel and the oil can finish did not rust like it is supposed to.  Instead, the color on the sides are fading away.

I also compared the grooves between and authentic one and my fake one. 

The ends of the grooves are more v shaped for the real one.  Fake one has more of a rounded end.

I now know who to put in the black book.

oh... thought of changing to sm5...  think just buy 1st hand from authorised dealer.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:04 am

some buyers who I kana for the past months...

1) Buyer 1 (shafts) - agreed on the price then pulled out last min because shafts not the same model that he wants. Totally different brand and the model number. scratch

2) Buyer 2 (adapter) - asked for the weight of the adapter. Question  . then MIA.

3) Buyer 3 (hybrid) - bargain somemore after meetup because the hybrid doesn't comes with headcover which I stated clearly in the post. White Flag

4) Buyer 4,5,6, ..... - ask questions (most of it already in the post) then MIA without reply.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:20 am

Pizzaman wrote:

1) Buyer 1 (shafts) - agreed on the price then pulled out last min because shafts not the same model that he wants. Totally different brand and the model number. scratch

2) Buyer 2 (adapter) - asked for the weight of the adapter. Question  . then MIA.

3) Buyer 3 (hybrid) - bargain somemore after meetup because the hybrid doesn't comes with headcover which I stated clearly in the post. White Flag

4) Buyer 4,5,6, ..... - ask questions (most of it already in the post) then MIA without reply.

Integrity: commit to what you promised/agreed.
Courtesy: show mutual respect. A simple thank you goes a long way.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Pizzaman

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 4:33 pm

Denmeister wrote:
Pizzaman wrote:

Integrity: commit to what you promised/agreed.
Courtesy: show mutual respect. A simple thank you goes a long way.
+1
Back to top Go down
KCL
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
KCL

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 4:47 pm

flashpacker wrote:
I was almost conned into buying a fake set of honma irons on golfsite.
Nevertheless had a few good buys too.
Difference from the genuine stuff obvious in your case. There are copies that are difficult to tell, scary.
Back to top Go down
Eferata
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Eferata

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 1:00 pm

Pizzaman wrote:
TDO wrote:
Pizzaman wrote:

understand your point. Now, I can see the same old stocks stuck there.
Hi,
Just my own thought. If the stock is stucked, we can actually offer
Lower price to buy from them. Usually they have to export or keep in the corner. So give them a low Price for them to decide to sell or not.

Regards,
Eferata
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selling in GR vs selling in other website   Selling in GR vs selling in other website I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Selling in GR vs selling in other website
Page 1 of 1