Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

golf course for PC players

Go down 
+7
springman
gu
Golf noob
nremda
Bengujbong
oldie-newbie
Alvinlow75
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Alvinlow75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

golf course for PC players Empty
PostSubject: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 4:59 pm

hi all, just checking with all lau jiao, the course that PC player allow to play are only nsrcc executive course, mandai executive course, mbgc, occ, changi. champion golf course. Any others?
Back to top Go down
oldie-newbie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 5:09 pm

According to my limited knowledge, thats about it, you have listed them all.

All the JB courses no need handicap or PC. cheap and well maintain. some are within 30 mins of Causeway. If you interested let me know, we normally play weekdays.
Back to top Go down
Bengujbong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Jurong Executive as well. A well maintained 5 holes course for beginners. Note that you will play 2 rounds (2x5 holes).
Back to top Go down
Alvinlow75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 9:02 pm

jurong executive is par 3 also??
Back to top Go down
nremda
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nremda

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 10:23 pm

Jurong Executive is 4 par 3 and 1 par 4. so like benguibong said, its 5 holes and you play it twice. Good course to play as they do take relatively good care of it.

Sometimes I have seen ppl abuse the course by playing 3 or 4 rounds when they only pay one time. Marshalls are busy running around the actual course they close one eye for the executive...
Back to top Go down
Golf noob
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Golf noob

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 11:44 pm

oldie-newbie wrote:
According to my limited knowledge, thats about it, you have listed them all.

All the JB courses no need handicap or PC. cheap and well maintain. some are within 30 mins of Causeway. If you interested let me know, we normally play weekdays.
Bro u playing which course in jb during weekdays n morning or noon flight?
Back to top Go down
gu
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 8:06 pm

Sembawang if you have a member to bring you in on weekdays and Sunday afternoon. Smile
Back to top Go down
springman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:30 pm

Hi there ... Played at jb's palm villa recently on weekday morning and its quite good for beginners !
Back to top Go down
Newbie2112
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 3:38 pm

Hi all, a newbie just got his PC looking for kakis to proceed to have 5 x 18 holes scorecards for his handicap. Any advise and who is keen to play?
Back to top Go down
Alvinlow75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 1:00 am

hi.
my buddies n i played at mbgc or occ during week day, u are welcome to join us. They are high handicappers while i don have any, i take the swing test.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:23 am

Palm Villa is good for newbie. MBGC recommended for newbie will be sunday pm.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 3:07 pm

I remember beginner days at IOI Palm Villa fondly, had many "firsts" there.  Couple of reasons why I think it is beginner friendly ...

1.  Quite a number of elevated tees ... you can see where you tee shot is going
2.  Terrain around greens is shaped to guide the ball back to the green, unlike Horizon hills whereby greens are elevated and you need to be more precise.
3.  Buggy on fairway (unless course is too wet)
4.  Relatively wide
5.  Rough is managable
6.  Greens are not too tricky
7.  Enough bunkers, water hazards and trees to make the game fun and let you learn how to manage trouble but not so many as to demoralise
8.  Not too long, especially from white tees
9.  Not crowded on weekdays

On the flip side, the changing room is not in the best condition, and on weekends it can get very very crowded.

If you have more time to kill and do not drive, then taking a ferry to Batam is also very pleasant.  Generally less crowded than Singapore and JB on weekends.  On weekdays, it is almost like a private course.
Back to top Go down
Chunky Munky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Chunky Munky

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:00 am

I took a friend over to IOI Palm Villa late last year for his first “proper” round and he really enjoyed it.

We went on a weekday morning and the course was really quiet and I thought it was really well maintained. Excellent value for money.

It was also the first time I’d played this course and I really enjoyed it too – enough of a challenge for all levels.

My only negative is that I was nearly hit on the head from an awful tee shot from another flight – no shout of “fore” and no apology unfortunately which was disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: golf course for PC players   golf course for PC players I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

golf course for PC players
Page 1 of 1