Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charity Game Feedback

Go down 
+2
skybobo
chien
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

Charity Game Feedback Empty
PostSubject: Charity Game Feedback   Charity Game Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi guys..

I was asked to help organize a charity golf game for a children home.. Instead of spending valuable dollars to engage an events company, we decided to organize the event out of our own personal time and on absolute voluntary basis..

We would appreciate some feedback from you guys...

1. How much would you be willing to pay per player for the Charity Game?

2. Do you prefer morning or afternoon tee off even though most of the events are held in the evenings..?

3. Do you mind if it's held at public courses like MBGC or NSRCC ? Or you would only attend if it's at Raffles CC or OCC etc?

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Charity Game Feedback   Charity Game Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Bro Chien, my 2 cents

1. Depends on the course. The more prestige the course, the more one is willing to pay. I think $300 to $500 per ball since a normal weekday game will cost around $100+

2. Since the event is evening, afternoon tee off is reasonable. Having said that I personally prefer morning tee off as most of the time, shower comes in the afternoon. If morning tee off, then conclude with a lunch

3. Personally I prefer tmcc or sentosa....the kind of course which u seldom get a chance to play
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Charity Game Feedback   Charity Game Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Bro,

My opinion :
1. If target is individual, 200 to 250 per ball. Too high not many takers as a min balls will be required for some bookings. Corporate can charge higher...
2.  If got dinner n simple reception after golf, better to be pm.
3.  Private course preferred . 

Cheers..... wish u good success for this event..

Last edited by hillgreen on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rapidmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Charity Game Feedback   Charity Game Feedback I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:49 pm

1. Depends on a few things including the day you hold the game, time, which course and how much they charge and who is your target crowd. Heard of charity games at 5k per flight. I think the game should be on a Saturday. Reasonable to charge about 300 per golfer or maybe 1100 per flight but this really depends on where you are having it.

2. So Saturday. Registration at 11 plus. At least parents got time to settle the kids stuff and errands in the morning. Light lunch of sandwiches, fried rice, and the usual light buffet stuff (har Gao, siew Mai etc.). Most clubs would be able to cordon off an area at the cafe for you. Can ask for dedicated registration etc. Tee off at about 1pm. If the course can spare that for you then shotgun start if you have enough flights or start on holes 1 and 10. Remember water and bananas for the carts and must think whether halfway house bill on you or on individual golfer (suggest on them). 

All followed by shower and buffet dinner with free flow of cold beer. No need show or other entertainment, just relax and talk cock. Can slideshow pics taken earlier.

Btw, good to have novelty games during the day and some trophies at the end to keep the golfers excited. Then during dinner can give the trophies and also anounce how much raised and pass money (the big cheque thing) to the charity.

Btw can ask the club for free 1 flight or more depending on how many flights you have.

3. Basically, golfers attending this want to enjoy an easy course and guess what? So do members of the club! So end up you will get the tough course. Palm course at Raffles is like that, OCC got 2 full time 9 and one part time one. I dun think MBGC will close the course for you on weekend. Basically you probably got to go for a place that has 2 courses so that their members can play at the same time unless you want weekday (not really preferred). All depends on how big your event is. 

Sorry wrote so much :p All the best!
Back to top Go down
ocp23
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Charity Game Feedback   Charity Game Feedback I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:18 am

Hi,
1) For Corporate, usually the company will invite vendors to bid to play with key executives. The fees can go as high as $5000-10000 per flight. For individuals, it is probably $300-$500 for weekday.

2) I prefer morning golf. But for events like this, it makes sense to be in afternoon so that you can end with a gala dinner and prize presentation and cheques presentation etc.... People will also feel relax to end late as compared to a morning golf with afternoon lunch.

3) I guess most people will prefer exclusive/premium courses. But those are subject to availability and the fees may have to be higher. I think I dont mind paying $300-500 for OCC, RCC, JCC.

Best
Back to top Go down
hurray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Charity Game Feedback   Charity Game Feedback I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 8:45 pm

Fm what I heard, RCC doesn't charge very high for golf events (esp if u hv mbr booking it for u) so u can hv more money going to the charity. For individuals, I feel $200-$300 per ball is acceptable (game + dinner).
Can also add in penalties (eg $2 for every hit into bunker), then this money donate to charity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charity Game Feedback   Charity Game Feedback I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charity Game Feedback
Page 1 of 1