Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!

Go down 
+17
TDO
bomby
moodi
nkglfrs
swine
DLWL
flashpacker
Kaii
mengteck71
TMMAN
musashi75
akhild
TaylorMadeKL
nrafee
Nam Flog
ljflvwc
Brenttay
21 posters
AuthorMessage
Brenttay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! Empty
PostSubject: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 4:41 pm

I'm upset. I have returned so many clubs, covers, phones and many other things found on course. Today I brought my newly bought Bushnell range finder to NSRCC. After using it for 13 holes and on the 14th I found it missing when I wanted to use it. Immediately I turned back and ask the flight behind if they found it but they say they didn't. Is a gadget I really like and is only 4 days old. If anyone playing NSRCC this morning and found it and want to return to the owner I'm here. I'm upset. Why? Sad they say it pays to be good.... I'm laughing so hard...
Back to top Go down
http://Www.urbaninline.com.sg
ljflvwc
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 4:52 pm

Don't be sad. leave your contact to the club house. I think it should be come back.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:28 pm

Brenttay wrote:
I'm upset. I have returned so many clubs, covers, phones and many other things found on course. Today I brought my newly bought Bushnell range finder to NSRCC. After using it for 13 holes and on the 14th I found it missing when I wanted to use it. Immediately I turned back and ask the flight behind if they found it but they say they didn't. Is a gadget I really like and is only 4 days old. If anyone playing NSRCC this morning and found it and want to return to the owner I'm here. I'm upset. Why? Sad they say it pays to be good.... I'm laughing so hard...

Bro I feel for you. Had the same experience before: have always returned clubs found on green including a Scotty Cameron putter, but when I lost my new Nike wedge at IOI nobody returned it to me.

If you believe in buddhism, let me just share with you. Basically there are 2 kinds of karma, instant and long term. An example of instant karma is when you kick a dog and the dog immediately bites you. An example of long term karma is when somebody does good things and achieves merits every day of his life but he is poor and homeless. When this person dies, he gets born into a very wealthy family in his next life.

So all the clubs, covers, phones that you have returned are in the cycle. They may not come back as good karma so soon. They may come as many small packages, or they may come back as an accumulated big snowball of good karma.

Keep the faith. It still pays to be good, and only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 5:48 pm

Karma also comes in a state of peace. You have done no wrong to anyone. You are at peace with yourself.
Back to top Go down
TaylorMadeKL
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
TaylorMadeKL

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 6:18 pm

A new rangefinder can be purchased again but for the person who pocketed ur precious rangefinder, he can never buy back his conscience and integrity...

Hope u get back ur rangefinder...
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
akhild

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Clubhouse will find it usually. I found my wedge after 2 weeks..
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Really sorry to hear about your loss.  pale I hope you manage to get it back.
Back to top Go down
TMMAN
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
TMMAN

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 6:58 pm

I was playing at Legends in JB 2 saturdays ago. There were quite a few of flights of Koreans in front of us. On one of the holes, I found 2 Callaway wedges. At the next hole, we waved the wedges at the Korean guys in front & one of them came back to claim it. 2 holes later, one of them from the same flight left his glove on the green. He too came to claim it from us on the next hole. We told the guy jokingly that the next time we pick up something of theirs, we'll charge them for the service. Hahaha..
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 7:29 pm

TaylorMadeKL wrote:
A new rangefinder can be purchased again but for the person who pocketed ur precious rangefinder, he can never buy back his conscience and integrity...

Hope u get back ur rangefinder...

If a person can pocket the rangefinder, he don't have any conscience and integrity to start with.. hence, he won't feel guilty and nothing to 'buy back'.

Probably he is elated and claiming how lucky he was.... sad....
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 7:35 pm

everybody plays golf but not all played to the name
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 pm

Hope u get it back.
I think the Sg golf community is better than this. cheers
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DLWL

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 8:48 pm

Don't be too upset bro. Since you have not stated the circumstances on how u lost it, it may have dropped off the buggy and landed on the course which may not be that visible to the later flights. Courses are big. Sure hope its not because someone pocketed it.

assuming the above. you should quickly leave your name n contact with the clubhouse and hope someone finds it.
Back to top Go down
swine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 9:25 pm

Yesterday my flight mate found a iphone 5s and gracefully returned it to the owner!
There are kind souls around.
Back to top Go down
nkglfrs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 10:12 pm

I lost my Rudy Project sunglasses, reported to club house, but no one returned it also.

Sad ...
Back to top Go down
moodi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
moodi

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2014 11:41 pm

Bro, i share ur sentiment.. went OCC last thur evening 9 holes. Recep asked for IC verification as i did not bring my mgk card. Since my beloved pinky card is lost.. called the recep, course mgt even changing room uncle..nothing found...me aso found stuffs on courses and always returned to club house too..but this time no sight of my pinky found... Crying or Very sad

But i still think whatever stuff i picked up during games, i will just return. Not just karma, if i dun enjoy the feeling of losing stuffs, other than losing a game Razz , noone should experience this sucky feelings as well..

Hope u will get it back soon n cheer up... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 9:59 am

Have u check with the marshal?  I lost b4 my juliet putter cover driver head cover wedges. All returned to me by the marshal. Only thing I lost on the course that I cannot find back so far is golf balls.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:07 am

moodi wrote:
Bro, i share ur sentiment.. went OCC last thur evening 9 holes. Recep asked for IC verification as i did not bring my mgk card. Since my beloved pinky card is lost.. called the recep, course mgt even changing room uncle..nothing found...me aso found stuffs on courses and always returned to club house too..but this time no sight of my pinky found... Crying or Very sad

But i still think whatever stuff i picked up during games, i will just return. Not just karma, if i dun enjoy the feeling of losing stuffs, other than losing a game Razz , noone should experience this sucky feelings as well..

Hope u will get it back soon n cheer up... Very Happy
The Golden Rule:

Do unto others what you want others do unto you.

This is very applicable to golf too!cheers
Back to top Go down
moodi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
moodi

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:43 am

Beer ...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 10:47 am

Do unto others what you want others do unto you.

I thought it's, "Do not do under others what you do not want others to do unto you, according to Confucius saying.
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 11:13 am

This thread just opened up my 2 month old wound of dropping my bushnell v2 tour slope rf at nsrcc airforce... Sad
Golf is a gentleman game but unfortunately undesirable human natures is also in play from time to time... Greed, dishonesty, cheating,... But guess this is why people say a game of golf reveals the characters and tendencies of a person Smile
Back to top Go down
Brenttay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 1:08 pm

I called this morning and nothing was found. Still upset that why I didn't realised that it slipped from the buggy. There is a comp yesterday afternoon. I'm sure someone has pocketed it. But sometimes u never know. Some honest soul might return it.
Back to top Go down
http://Www.urbaninline.com.sg
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Not sure whether it's the club or it's the golfers who plays there.

I lost my SC putter at the driving range one weekday evening, called back 45min later n nothing was found. Arranged to view the CCTV and saw a "member" going into the bay which I left the putter... The rest is history.

When I discovered that I dropped my golfbuddy GPS after playing Army course while packing up at the buggy bay, I didn't even bother to lodge as I know back of my mind that nothing is coming back.

Hope every golfer will pick up what they found on the course n return to the owner or if not back to the reception so the item can be return to the rightful owner.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
rapidmax
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:39 am

Looks pretty common from this thread that you have a high chance of never finding stuff you leave behind on the course. It's pretty sad.

I lost a wedge at Mandai once. Immediately went back through the holes to try and get it, asked the uncle in the flight behind me, called and visited recep many times. It was never recovered. Since then I try to adopt a routine for my wedge when I use it before putting.

A Bushnell is a different story, especially a new one. It's probably more expensive than most wedges out there. I would be majorly upset if mine was misplaced and never recovered. Good luck bro. Really hope you find it.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 12:29 pm

For me. I like to check around the green b4 moving off. Else I also put my wedges on the pin on the green so that will not forget. 

Since switched to watch gps. So seldom bring out the rangefinder unless we want to get closes to pin on par 3.
Back to top Go down
abeljeremy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Lost my pw sometime back.Lesson learnt super careful now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!   I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I will never pocket anything found on the course. NEVER!
Page 1 of 1