Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends

Go down 
+10
jaketang
joe
Technospaz
mUAr_cHEe
Duval_S
chemicalpro
daveaha
sebastianlim
Mizuno
Mizzman
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends Empty
PostSubject: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:09 pm

As far as I'm aware, the following do not require handicaps / proficiency certs:

1) Executive Golf Course at Mandai
2) Green Fairways at Eng Neo
3) Par 3 course at NSRCC (I think pc is required for this)
4) Executive Course at Jurong?
5) MBGC?

Can anyone confirm 4 and 5? Are there anymore courses to add to the list? Question

I'm interested to know as I have not obtained my handicap yet (and my pc is expired Laughing ). Plus sometimes travelling overseas takes too much time. Swing
Back to top Go down
Mizuno
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Mizuno

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:16 pm

Exec course in Jurong needs valid PC

MBGC if no PC or handicap, go for their temp PC test (mentioned in their website )MBGC
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Tanglin. haha.. i know this is a bit non constructive... this course is very short. i think you need your pitching wedge can already and 1 putter will do. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Par 3 @ NSRCC did state that they require PC To play, but never ask me when I play there. Ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Mizuno wrote:

MBGC if no PC or handicap, go for their temp PC test (mentioned in their website )MBGC

Is that temp PC test applicable for weekends as well? And is the pace of play very slow on weekends at MBGC?
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:22 pm

daveaha wrote:
Par 3 @ NSRCC did state that they require PC To play, but never ask me when I play there. Ever.

Wah Dave, you must be either very handsome or very well known there. Everytime I go they always ask me for pc.
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:35 pm

Mizzman wrote:
daveaha wrote:

Wah Dave, you must be either very handsome or very well known there. Everytime I go they always ask me for pc.

Ya, plus he dresses like Ian Poulter one look you know he's a golfer liao.

Either that or the circus is in town Laughing jkjk
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:37 pm

Ha ha ha... I was a regular last time to play on Par 3 every Friday morning before my son was born. They never asked me for any cert or whatever as long as I provide my credit card to pay Wink

And no, I didn't dressed up like Poulter.

More to Daly Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:40 pm

chemicalpro wrote:
Mizzman wrote:
daveaha wrote:

Haha, Dave I'm going to have this image of Ian Poulter in my brain everytime I see your posts from now on.
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:43 pm

daveaha wrote:
Ha ha ha... I was a regular last time to play on Par 3 every Friday morning before my son was born. They never asked me for any cert or whatever as long as I provide my credit card to pay Wink

Now the image of you has changed to John Daly dressed like Ian Poulter! Shocked
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Mizzman wrote:
chemicalpro wrote:
Mizzman wrote:
daveaha wrote:

Haha, Dave I'm going to have this image of Ian Poulter in my brain everytime I see your posts from now on.

Ha ha ha...
ok lah, I kind of like Poulter image too.... but his apparels are sooo expensive....

I'm sticking to my adidas and cheapo stuffs Smile
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

Mizzman wrote:
daveaha wrote:

Now the image of you has changed to John Daly dressed like Ian Poulter! Shocked

kekekekek I'm not that fat !
Thread Hijacked
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Mizzman wrote:
Mizuno wrote:

Is that temp PC test applicable for weekends as well? And is the pace of play very slow on weekends at MBGC?

Going back on topic...can anyone help me with the above question? My friends and I would like to play at MBGC on weekends, but we don't have handicaps.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:51 pm

Quote :
Mizzman wrote:
Mizzman wrote:
Mizuno wrote:

Going back on topic...can anyone help me with the above question? My friends and I would like to play at MBGC on weekends, but we don't have handicaps.

no prob....here are the steps:

1. Go MBGC...tell them you no HC,
2. They will tell you go take PC test...
3. some super duper instructor will view your swing etc etc.....and then give green light,
4. Pay SGD10 (or somewhere like that)...to have PC
5. Go pay green fee and show PC
6. Get ready to tee off when they call you
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:51 pm

MBGC impossible. They are gahmen after all. By the book.
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:54 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:

Errm, you and Duval seem to give totally conflicting anwers...I am rather confused Sad
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Mizzman wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

Errm, you and Duval seem to give totally conflicting anwers...I am rather confused Sad

Let me clarify this.
MBGC always ask for proof of your HCP (anywhere) or PC from there. Don't have -> go for swing test.

Never hear an exception before. And for the weekends, I think they'll only allow one PC (or two) per flight.

What MC said is true. It's referring to your post about no HCP to play there, not Duval's post.
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:00 pm

daveaha wrote:
Mizzman wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

Let me clarify this.
MBGC always ask for proof of your HCP (anywhere) or PC from there. Don't have -> go for swing test.

Never hear an exception before. And for the weekends, I think they'll only allow one PC (or two) per flight.

What MC said is true. It's referring to your post about no HCP to play there, not Duval's post.

Ok, there are 3 of us, and we're not THAT lousy. If all 3 of us go for the swing test and show that we will not hold up the speed of play, do you think they'll let us play together on one flight? Or is it a strict rule that there can only be 1 or 2 players per flight w/o handicap?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 pm

Mizzman wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Mizzman wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:

Let me clarify this.

Ok, there are 3 of us, and we're not THAT lousy. If all 3 of us go for the swing test and show that we will not hold up the speed of play, do you think they'll let us play together on one flight? Or is it a strict rule that there can only be 1 or 2 players per flight w/o handicap?

That's MBGC rules sadly.... eventhough your flight is quite good, but without the proper paperwork it can't be done (Sigh).

Refer to this website :
http://www.mbgc.com.sg/rules/index.htm

Let me quote it here :
"Only PC holders with PCs issued by SGA associated and affiliated local golf clubs are allowed to play in MBGC (please refer to www.sga.org.sg for the full list). They are allowed to play on weekdays before 2.00pm only, subject to booking and availability of tee times. PCs issued by other golf academies/entities/bodies will not be recognized by MBGC. There shall be no more than two (2) PC holders in each flight."

Edit : This rules doesn't even say weekend... so it's applicable to weekday golfing as well....
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 pm

daveaha wrote:

That's MBGC rules sadly.... eventhough your flight is quite good, but without the proper paperwork it can't be done (Sigh).

Refer to this website :

Let me quote it here :
"Only PC holders with PCs issued by SGA associated and affiliated local golf clubs are allowed to play in MBGC (please refer to www.sga.org.sg for the full list). They are allowed to play on weekdays before 2.00pm only, subject to booking and availability of tee times. PCs issued by other golf academies/entities/bodies will not be recognized by MBGC. There shall be no more than two (2) PC holders in each flight."

Edit : This rules doesn't even say weekend... so it's applicable to weekday golfing as well....

Thanks Dave for all the help. Was hoping it would be otherwise...I thought they might flexible with their rules because as according to above PC holders should NOT be able to play on weekends, but yet according to everyone here, they can.
Looks like we'll just have to stick with EGC and Green Fairways for now till we get our handicaps. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Mizzman wrote:
daveaha wrote:

Refer to this website :

Let me quote it here :

Thanks Dave for all the help. Was hoping it would be otherwise...I thought they might flexible with their rules because as according to above PC holders should NOT be able to play on weekends, but yet according to everyone here, they can.
Looks like we'll just have to stick with EGC and Green Fairways for now till we get our handicaps. Crying or Very sad

Well, I had exactly the same problem lile you last year. Hard to play there. Forced myself to get a handicap. And its' worthed.

Anyway, from my experience and knowledge they're not that flexible, but you can try your luck. I'm not sure whether the flexibility is there and whether different person handling you will give you different result.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 pm

MBGC is not very flexible, particularly on weekends. They are quite rigid with the rules and their marshals police the course quite strictly too.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Even with handicap, MBGC was reluctant to let my sister play.

Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends 4029837613_da464e2fd0

They see her XMM. look her no up. then she BOOMZ. 220m down the fairway.
Back to top Go down
Mizzman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Mizzman

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:40 pm

Thanks again to everyone for their help here. I do understand why they are so rigid, especially on weekends, in order for everyone to have a more enjoyable time.

It's just that in Singapore, it is so difficult and time-consuming to get a handicap, particularly if you're working. Very difficult find time to play golf on weekdays with a PC, in order to obtain the requisite number of scorecards to generate a handicap. If only it was just one test, and the tester gives you a handicap based on your performance in that test.

Sigh...maybe have to resort to getting a Malaysian handicap instead.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Mizzman, there's no harm to get a Malaysian or Indonesian handicap. Get it there, and you can transfer it to the local Singapore handicap eg MGK or MGC etc.

There's another thread about the handicap. I'll post it here if I have the time to search for it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends   Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Courses in Singapore that do not require handicaps on weekends
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next