Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Tiger Done as a Pro

Go down 
+10
kissthegreen
willytan
asahi
Derek
eyz4eva
Tigercrab
grwilliam
IceShelterX
hurray
TDO
14 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Is Tiger Done as a Pro  Empty
PostSubject: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:37 am

After watching TW played the last 3 tournaments following his microdiscectomy surgery, it was really painful to see him post scores that  are not in line with his true potential.

What is he so injury prone at age 38? Is he aging prematurely?

Meanwhile, his chase for that elusive 15th Major will remain a challenge. And until that happen, we can forget him about matching Jack's 18 Major records.
Back to top Go down
hurray
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:48 am

Looks like he has lost the mental toughness.
Wonder if his injuries r due to his swing style or aggressiveness in it.
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 1:21 pm

should be mental toughness gone due to injuries... Probably depression soon if he cant control and comfort himself for his current scores.

anyway injuries really can cause a lot of mental blocks. So its not gonna easy to back on track
Back to top Go down
grwilliam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:28 pm

Well Rory is back! But Tiger's back?
Back to top Go down
Tigercrab
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Tigercrab

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:38 pm

At this high level of competitive sports. all are very prone to injury , one time or another. look at the tennis circuit, pass 30 most of them are over the hill, mostly retired!
the way these guys are swinging in golf nowadays, i am not surprise their natural career will be shorter than previous genarations of golfer ! Rory ave drive 320 yds? Bubba hit 424 yd. Unreal !
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:28 pm

lol.. core muscle made of rubber....
Back to top Go down
eyz4eva
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:27 pm

how do 1 expect to recover fully if a certain part is removed from your spine?

i think that's the end for tiger.
Back to top Go down
Tigercrab
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Tigercrab

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:27 pm

lol... but the joints, ligament, cartilage cant keep up !
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Several years ago ... Tom Watson almost created the ultimate fairy tale in golf by leading the Open going into the final hole at the age of 59 ... till this day I wonder what would have happened if his shot into the green at just stopped at the back fringe instead of rolling through the green and off the slope on the other side

Tiger Wood's physical condition is very different now to when he was at his prime, the question is whether he is able to adapt ... perhaps trying at 38 to have the same "explosiveness" that he has been used to previously might not be the best approach ... but then again, he has 14 Majors and I will be happy shooting 14 over, so who am I to comment ...

Let's not forget ... he was in pretty good form in 2013 ... I would not write him off just yet
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Only 3 tournaments....not very indicative.

He still has the mojo in him.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Can still very much see the passion in the eyes of the tiger.

Since he has nothing to prove except the break the 18 majors which jack Nicolas have set. At 38, I believe he still have many more years to go unless he has to retire from golf due to his ever deterring health.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Not sure if I am alone, but di see that he is more at ease with himself..  In the Open and WGC, he broke a smile or two on several occasions, and he seems to acknowledge the crowd more.. Hardly the ultra focused and uptight golfer that he used to be.. May have kan pwoh hong Chen and take it more easy nowadays.., I am sure he will not wither away though. He was and is too good for that..
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:13 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
Not sure if I am alone, but di see that he is more at ease with himself..  In the Open and WGC, he broke a smile or two on several occasions, and he seems to acknowledge the crowd more.. Hardly the ultra focused and uptight golfer that he used to be.. May have kan pwoh hong Chen and take it more easy nowadays.., I am sure he will not wither away though. He was and is too good for that..

His domineering aura is gone forever after his sexual transgression in 2009 ... Sad to say that he is no longer the red shirted Tiger whom his peers feared on Sunday final round especially when he was in contention ... I would be very happy for him just to clinch 1 or 2 more Major Championships before he hangs his golf clubs for good one day but seeing him breaking Jack Nicklaus's 18 Majors record is almost like finding a needle in the haystack considering the fitness condition he is in now ... Well, unless he can be 100% fit again to continue to play top level professional golf for another 10 years ...  Not forgetting that he is already 38 years of age ...  Sad
Back to top Go down
ito
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 9:10 pm

rheumatism cannot be cured by physical operation.... Very Happy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 9:17 pm

TW declared himself 100% fit didn't he? Only to re-injure himself again after only 3 tournaments. Goodness! From the video clip, if I guessed correctly, it could be after his awkward shot at the top of the bunker, he ran down the bunker slope. That could have caused the back spasm. 
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
hkhamateur

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 pm

Turbo wrote:
kissthegreen wrote:

His domineering aura is gone forever after his sexual transgression in 2009 ... Sad to say that he is no longer the red shirted Tiger whom his peers feared on Sunday final round especially when he was in contention ... I would be very happy for him just to clinch 1 or 2 more Major Championships before he hangs his golf clubs for good one day but seeing him breaking Jack Nicklaus's 18 Majors record is almost like finding a needle in the haystack considering the fitness condition he is in now ... Well, unless he can be 100% fit again to continue to play top level professional golf for another 10 years ...  Not forgetting that he is already 38 years of age ...  Sad

Ya... Wink
Hope TW can grap few more trophies before hangg his golf glove. Smile
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 10:26 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Turbo wrote:
kissthegreen wrote:

Ya... Wink
Hope TW can grap few more trophies before hangg his golf glove. Smile

I think his best days are over. 
Back then, other players play for 2nd spot and he had this huge invincible aura surrounding him. 
Now, it seems he is fighting aging issues in a seemingly uphill battle.
His new swing looks awkward.   He looks awkward too on the course.
Having said that, he will still win more PGA titles.
But for majors, I cant be sure as he looks more like any other mortal pro out there.    
I do hope that I'm wrong.   Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Tiger Done as a Pro    Is Tiger Done as a Pro  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Tiger Done as a Pro
Page 1 of 1