Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flower Bed ruling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

Flower Bed ruling Empty
PostSubject: Flower Bed ruling   Flower Bed ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 10:52 am

Got a question: not sure if this been asked before.

Scenario : if the ball went into the area that mark "flower bed" and the local rule allows you to take a free drop - do you need to find your ball first in the "flower bed" and ID it in order to have a free drop? If you are not able to find the ball, one should incur a 1 stroke penalty for lost ball?

Not all "flower bed" are really flower bed i.e. no flower. I know sometimes they put the sign "flower bed" so that you won't go into the flower bed area and destroy it. Like in MGCC, most "flower bed" are not flower bed at all. So you can actually go in and try looking for your ball assuming you really did see the ball going in the direction of the flower bed.

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

Flower Bed ruling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flower Bed ruling   Flower Bed ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 11:57 am

This has been discussed before. 

It depends on what is the local rule, if the local rule stated that it is a free lift, then you don't need to look for ball, just drop a new one and continue. Usually declared as GUR or Abnormal Ground Conditions.

If not stated on local rule that it is free lift, you need to find the ball, cannot find is considered lost ball. If can find, drop outside and take a stroke penalty. You are not allowed to play inside flower bed at all times.

It is the responsibility of the club to provide rule for flower bed.

Hope this helps. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Flower Bed ruling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flower Bed ruling   Flower Bed ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:00 pm

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t3128-free-relief-from-flower-bed
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Flower Bed ruling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flower Bed ruling   Flower Bed ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:13 pm

I rem during my courtesy round in nsrcc, the tester say if ur ball go flower bed and ur flight mates saw it, then dun bother finding, just go and drop without penalty. If you go and find and cannot find, it will be considered lost ball. 1 stroke penalty.....worse

So I just try my best not to go flower bed. Ha ha
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Ant

Flower Bed ruling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flower Bed ruling   Flower Bed ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 1:22 pm

Thanks guys!.

Experieced it last Friday on NSRCC Army first hole. Kaki tee shot went left toward flower bed next to hole #3 direction. He took a drop but didn't said due flower bed and I didn't read the local rule and thought he would have ncurred a stoke penaly. He still par the #5 aftre the free drop and we broke even to my surprise.  Sad  Sad  Sad   So it pay to read what you local rule say before you start a game.... to play to your advantage.

Similairly for MGCC. Many a times, we argue the need to id the ball first if it goes into the flower bed. Otherwise it is consider a lost ball.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Flower Bed ruling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flower Bed ruling   Flower Bed ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:01 pm

skybobo wrote:
I rem during my courtesy round in nsrcc, the tester say if ur ball go flower bed and ur flight mates saw it, then dun bother finding, just go and drop without penalty. If you go and find and cannot find, it will be considered lost ball. 1 stroke penalty.....worse

So I just try my best not to go flower bed. Ha ha

Lost ball is stroke + distance. Need to go back to the last played position and drop..  Razz 

in NSRCC.. if it goes in the direction of flower bed.. I always ask my flight mate.. "You see it go into the flower bed hor..", answer most of the time is yes. LOL... just go near place of entry.. ball not there.. drop and play, no penalty.
Back to top Go down
Kaii
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Flower Bed ruling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flower Bed ruling   Flower Bed ruling I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:12 pm

understand the local rules first. play same/new ball . argue later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flower Bed ruling Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flower Bed ruling   Flower Bed ruling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flower Bed ruling
Page 1 of 1