Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling Empty
PostSubject: Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling   Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:46 pm

In 1996 (if I remember correctly) when I was still a member of Pulai Springs, I took part in the Monthly Medal for the first time.

On Hole 17 which is a Par 4, I topped my tee shot and the ball, of all places, rolled into a white plastic bag (loose impediment?). I asked my fellow buggy mate on the ruling and whether I can get a relief or there is a penalty. He told me there should be a penalty as we are not supposed to touch the ball. Being quite new to the game and its rulings, I took his advice and add another stroke to my score. Now that really upset me as I recovered to play a bogey (without the 1 stroke penalty).

Like I said I was relatively new to the game at that time and have no clear understanding of the rulings. Until today, I am still not clear about the ruling.

Can any bros advice what is the actual ruling?

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling   Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:55 pm

24-1. Movable Obstruction.

b. If the ball lies in or on the obstruction, the ball may be lifted and the obstruction removed. The ball must through the green or in a hazard be dropped, or on the putting green be placed, as near as possible to the spot directly under the place where the ball lay in or on the obstruction, but not nearer the hole.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling   Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 6:12 pm

U got good memory!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling   Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:53 pm

duffader wrote:
U got good memory!

Thank bro!. Yes, at my age my memory is considered quite good. Smile I remember mostly things that are quite controversal.Smile
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling   Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:02 pm

Tat is probably more rare than hole in one! Hee!
In ur case also hole in one thou..
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling   Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Roystonnn wrote:
Tat is probably more rare than hole in one! Hee!
In ur case also hole in one thou..

Haahaaa! Yes, unfortunately no prize given for that but it's a good lesson though. But one self-imposed penalty for not being familar with the rulings back then. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling   Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ball in plastic bag - What's the ruling
Page 1 of 1