Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)

Go down 
+44
Denmeister
Rafj
slinger
Momo333
kwannick
fata
aquaman
snagy23
danielleecm
Yz426
joy2ewrld
jeremykoh
poresia
Golfman
TimLai
melv
yx16
dtan
nientsu
Gofnut
blee67
Turbo
katherinechiok
eden
angeldogleslie
niceevil
EddyGoh
guangzhao
CKT61
coconutz
hardrock
asahi
oldie-newbie
slyster
kissthegreen
zhenxua
Vinny
vinjess
paul@golf
IceShelterX
costajos
chip_munkie
enwee
mloy
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:15 pm

Attention everyone.

This Saturday we will meet at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (the seating area which is in front of the check in baggage) at 6.45am. Please all be punctual. You will be given a boarding pass, Immigration form (which you will have to fill up) and a bag tag with your name. Tie the name tag to your bag so that when the bags arrive at the clubhouse they will put it according to your respective buggy. Once you have cleared the Singapore custom please take the time to fill up your Immigration Form while you are at the waiting/holding area.

Upon our arrival at Batam please gather at the platform, pass me your passport & Immigration Form. When I have collected everyone's passport will give it to a Palm Springs representative for Immigration clearance. They will hold our passport and will return it to us at the Departure Hall. Thereafter we will proceed together to the custom/scan our stuff and proceed to a Palm Springs bus to the clubhouse.

Once you have arrived at the Clubhouse please make your payment when you register. Preferably cash because if you use your credit card they will convert to Ruppiah and then to SIN dollars, I think. So its not worth it to use your credit card. You can also collect the money from your group and only one of you do the registration. That would be faster. For those first timer.....Palm Springs accept SIN dollars for tips/food/drinks etc.

Important Notice:

New rules have been imposed at the Batam Immigration Checkpoint. The new rule is in regard to talking loudly and using the handphone. (To be safe keep your handphone in your pocket or boston bag). If you do not comply they will not hesitate to turn you back. So please be aware of this. I don't want any of you to be turned back.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Let's have a good golf day out!

Cheers
mloy
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 pm

mloy wrote:
Attention everyone.

This Saturday we will meet at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal (the seating area which is in front of the check in baggage) at 6.45am. Please all be punctual. You will be given a boarding pass, Immigration form (which you will have to fill up) and a bag tag with your name. Tie the name tag to your bag so that when the bags arrive at the clubhouse they will put it according to your respective buggy. Once you have cleared the Singapore custom please take the time to fill up your Immigration Form while you are at the waiting/holding area.

Upon our arrival at Batam please gather at the platform, pass me your passport & Immigration Form. When I have collected everyone's passport will give it to a Palm Springs representative for Immigration clearance. They will hold our passport and will return it to us at the Departure Hall. Thereafter we will proceed together to the custom/scan our stuff and proceed to a Palm Springs bus to the clubhouse.

Once you have arrived at the Clubhouse please make your payment when you register. Preferably cash because if you use your credit card they will convert to Ruppiah and then to SIN dollars, I think. So its not worth it to use your credit card. You can also collect the money from your group and only one of you do the registration. That would be faster. For those first timer.....Palm Springs accept SIN dollars for tips/food/drinks etc.

Important Notice:

New rules have been imposed at the Batam Immigration Checkpoint. The new rule is in regard to talking loudly and using the handphone. (To be safe keep your handphone in your pocket or boston bag). If you do not comply they will not hesitate to turn you back. So please be aware of this. I don't want any of you to be turned back.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.

Let's have a good golf day out!

Cheers
mloy
Not to forget to mention when crossing the singapore side, after the x-ray machine remember to take every back. Last time someone left car keys behind..... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Pairing List

Hole 5A - mloy/9Points/paulgolf/KissTheGreen

Hole 4A - katherinechiok/Abadan/Q_Man/LLP

Hole 4B - blee67/blee67 friend/Rangereye/dtan

Hole 3A - golfnut/golfnut's friend/paulgolf friend/paulgolf friend

Hole 3B - vinny/Jo/vinny's friend/Slyster

Hole 2A - ckt61/ckt61's friend/melv/IceShelterX

Hole 1A - eddygoh/eddygoh's friend/enwee/guangzhao

Hole 1B - joy2ewrld/paulgolf's friend/Daphne/Kwanick

We will playing the Palm course followed by Island course.

Please be at your buggy and once we are all ready will proceed to the respective holes.
Back to top Go down
joy2ewrld
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
joy2ewrld

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks Monica for killing all your brain cells to come out with the pairing.

See you sat  cheers
Back to top Go down
Yz426
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:11 pm

have fun everyone!!! and post photos....=)
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Yz426 wrote:
have fun everyone!!! and post photos....=)

ya have fun and do post more photos
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Enjoy and sad that this is the 2nd time i miss this due to prior travel plans.
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 7:00 pm

bro snagy23 & rest other bros & sistas, we ll missed u too  Sad
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 7:14 pm

Yah Bro Paul, please send more pics! Envy you having the same flight as Mloy. Smile
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 7:20 pm

bro snagy23, at 7-7 it's gonna be 'lamb to e slaughter' lor  lol!
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Mloy and all, enjoy the game at palm spring. Smile
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 1:03 am

Have fun guys... Really hope one can join next time round. Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
snagy23

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 1:04 am

paul@golf wrote:

But i am sure it is worth it lor!  Shocked  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 6:32 am

snagy23 wrote:
paul@golf wrote:

But i am sure it is worth it lor!  Shocked  Very Happy
Promise I ll tell u all abt it if i come bak alive!  Beer  lol!
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:05 am

snagy23 wrote:
Enjoy and sad that this is the 2nd time i miss this due to prior travel plans.

snagy23, heard what you told ckt61 that I laughed and fell off my chair.  ROFL 

Sorry that the GR games planned zhun zhun that coincide with your travel plans........twice.

Hope to see you in the next GR game.  Beer
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:09 am

sista, nex game wi snagy23, u shd get 8-8 from him as he can shoots straighter than me & since u arranging one jus to meet his busy schedule lor  Superman
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
kwannick

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 12:27 pm

mloy wrote:
Pairing List

Hole 5A - mloy/9Points/paulgolf/KissTheGreen

Hole 4A - katherinechiok/Abadan/Q_Man/LLP

Hole 4B - blee67/blee67 friend/Rangereye/dtan

Hole 3A - golfnut/golfnut's friend/paulgolf friend/paulgolf friend

Hole 3B - vinny/Jo/vinny's friend/Slyster

Hole 2A - ckt61/ckt61's friend/melv/IceShelterX

Hole 1A - eddygoh/eddygoh's friend/enwee/guangzhao

Hole 1B - joy2ewrld/paulgolf's friend/Daphne/Kwanick

We will playing the Palm course followed by Island course.

Please be at your buggy and once we are all ready will proceed to the respective holes.

Thanks for the arrangements, Mloy. Appreciate your efforts in making this happen!
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi All,

On Saturday when you disembark the ferry at Batam please gather at the platform, do not proceed up the ramp. I will collect all your passports with the Immigration Form and pass you a Tranist card to hand it over to the custom personnel on your way out. Once you have the Transist card please proceed straight to the bag scanning area and then straight to the bus. Should you need to buy drinks etc there is a shop that sells them. Its located just outside after the custom. After that its game on!

Thank you and see you all on Saturday..... and please be PUNCTUAL (6.45am).
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
danielleecm

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 2:51 pm

mloy wrote:
Hi All,

On Saturday when you disembark the ferry at Batam please gather at the platform, do not proceed up the ramp. I will collect all your passports with the Immigration Form and pass you a Tranist card to hand it over to the custom personnel on your way out. Once you have the Transist card please proceed straight to the bag scanning area and then straight to the bus. Should you need to buy drinks etc there is a shop that sells them. Its located just outside after the custom. After that its game on!

Thank you and see you all on Saturday..... and please be PUNCTUAL (6.45am).

Enjoy and take more photos of the courses
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
fata

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 3:03 pm

http://travel.asiaone.com/article/news/new-batam-immigration-rules-faze-some-singaporeans

You may want to take note of this news...
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:17 pm

fata wrote:
http://travel.asiaone.com/article/news/new-batam-immigration-rules-faze-some-singaporeans

You may want to take note of this news...

Already sounded out to them. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
melv
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
melv

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 4:34 pm

SEe you ALL on Saturday.

Thanks Monica for the arrangements..

Cheers
melvyn
 Cheers Jump 
 Swing
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Hmm... Looking thru the posts, seems like my flight has a formidable pair in mloy and paulgolf... Looking forward to get some tips from them.. Cheers.

Mloy, thanks much for everything again. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:09 pm

Kissthegreen, you might wish to note that 9Points is a golf Pro. You are in esteemed company! Enjoy!

Mloy, thanks for everything. Beer up after the game. Cheers! Beer
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Gofnut wrote:
Kissthegreen, you might wish to note that 9Points is a golf Pro. You are in esteemed company! Enjoy!

Mloy, thanks for everything. Beer up after the game. Cheers! Beer

This is getting really interesting.. Seems like I am in the company of low handicappers and scratch golfer.. Looks like I have to activate my shameless mode at then.. Lol..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)   GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GR game at Palm Springs (Batam) 16th August (Saturday)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next