Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification

Go down 
+5
Tiramisu
IceShelterX
blee67
Gofnut
Technospaz
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification Empty
PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:47 pm

All,

I've been meaning to post this but didn't get around to doing so sooner (my apologies).

Some golfers asked / were curious as to how we got money for the lucky draw. For those who don't know or didn't win, we had 8 x $20 of Takashimaya vouchers, for a total of $160. There were those who wondered if the money was somehow taken from the green fees for the day, i.e. they inadvertently contributed to the lucky draw (out of their own pocket) without their knowledge.

Let me help address this. To answer the question - did we charge golfers more so that a portion of the green fees could be used for the lucky draw? This is a simple "NO".

Here's how we pooled together the $160. It's quite simple really.

We had 10 flights where each golfer would pay $136. However, one flight (i.e. the organizers' flight) would enjoy a discount of $40 per golfer.

Now, rather than for the organizers to pay less, we felt that it would defeat the spirit of camaraderie and just plain fun if some golfers got better treatment than others. So, the organizers opted to pay the full sum ($136) and use the $160 (4 x $40) instead for the lucky draw. (Credit to Mloy who trekked all the way to Taka and back to pick up the vouchers prior to the game.)

FYI, we considered several options including trying to source for a sleeve of golf balls per golfer. But with limited funds, this was tricky so we ended up with a simple lucky draw.

I hope this helps clarify the confusion and allays any concerns some of you may have. Rest assured, the $136 you paid went to your green fees. We did claw back $2 per golfer but this was returned to us in the form of vouchers which, as most of you know, went to buying drinks etc. during lunch.

If you have any concerns or would like to discuss this further, please PM me directly.

Thanks,
TS
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Technospaz wrote:
All,

Here's how we pooled together the $160. It's quite simple really.

We had 10 flights where each golfer would pay $136. However, one flight (i.e. the organizers' flight) would enjoy a discount of $40 per golfer.

Now, rather than for the organizers to pay less, we felt that it would defeat the spirit of camaraderie and just plain fun if some golfers got better treatment than others. So, the organizers opted to pay the full sum ($136) and use the $160 (4 x $40) instead for the lucky draw. (Credit to Mloy who trekked all the way to Taka and back to pick up the vouchers prior to the game.)

Thanks,
TS
You guys showed great consideration and earned my respect. Kudos to all of you. I enjoyed the trip and very much regret that I could not stay on for the 5.10pm ferry as I had to get back for a dinner appointment. Am looking forward to the next trip. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Sorry, posted in the other thread and reposting here...

TS,

Wanted to ask you who were the generous people who donated the gifts but just slipped my mind..

I know when organising and booking for big number flights, the clubhouse will normally give some concessions and I am perfectly all right that the organisers get to enjoy these concessions as it is not easy to arrange, coordinate and handle all the stuff necessary to make the event a successful one such as this.   For you all to donate back, brings my appreciation to you guys up another level... Beer

Once again, thanks for organising and also I really have fun, more in the TCSS in the ferry rides than my game..... rabbit
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks for your understanding Blee.

It was a GR event which meant that GRians who participated did so on equal footing Smile

Of course, this has nothing to do with bets, strokes, mulligans, vegas scores, buayaing etc.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:28 pm

does it mean that we play level next time?  with mloy too (standard off white tees?)

rabbit
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:30 pm

blee wrote:
does it mean that we play level next time?  with mloy too (standard off white tees?)

rabbit

I'm a fair and reasonable golfer, but I'm not stupid.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:32 pm

Technospaz wrote:
blee wrote:

rabbit

I'm a fair and reasonable golfer, but I'm not stupid.

ROFL

Joke aside, bet or no bet, will alway be ready to buy you beer.... Beer
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 5:53 pm

blee wrote:
Sorry, posted in the other thread and reposting here...

TS,

Wanted to ask you who were the generous people who donated the gifts but just slipped my mind..

I know when organising and booking for big number flights, the clubhouse will normally give some concessions and I am perfectly all right that the organisers get to enjoy these concessions as it is not easy to arrange, coordinate and handle all the stuff necessary to make the event a successful one such as this.   For you all to donate back, brings my appreciation to you guys up another level... Beer

Once again, thanks for organising and also I really have fun, more in the TCSS in the ferry rides than my game..... rabbit

agree with blee... Kudos to the organizers.
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:30 pm

I did wonder what $136 how to have lucky draw? I was thinking maybe got some sponsor for somw golf items. But that evening my boy said he won the lucky draw, I was surprised to know its Taka Vouchers. Really so nice of the organizer. I look forward to the next event and perhaps if time allow I can offer help too. Thanks again!cheers
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:00 pm

Dear all Participants,

When I enquired about the day tripper package with Palm Springs I was quoted S$136 (which include ferry and green fees only). Being a typical char boh I automatically asked for discount and as usual they said "cannot lah". So I ask....how about you throw in lunch for that price? They were kind enough to give it to us.

Few days later I tried again (refused to give up. Char boh jio si char boh ). They replied that the best that they can do is give $40 discount to the organisers and I told them we have 4. I think they agreed just to stopped me from "nagging" LOL..... It was a nice gesture from Palm Springs.

We, the organisers decided to get Taka vouchers with the $160. Its just a token to spice up the event. Btw not every club will give discount I just got lucky this time Very Happy but it won't stop me from trying. Hee hee hee..

Most important is that we all have a good time and meet new fellow GRians. cheers 

Cheers
mloy

P.S. To all who participated I really would like to thank you once again. You all made it happened! Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
sob

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:18 pm

mloy wrote:
Dear all Participants,

When I enquired about the day tripper package with Palm Springs I was quoted S$136 (which include ferry and green fees only). Being a typical char boh I automatically asked for discount and as usual they said "cannot lah". So I ask....how about you throw in lunch for that price? They were kind enough to give it to us.

Few days later I tried again (refused to give up. Char boh jio si char boh ). They replied that the best that they can do is give $40 discount to the organisers and I told them we have 4. I think they agreed just to stopped me from "nagging" LOL..... It was a nice gesture from Palm Springs.

We, the organisers decided to get Taka vouchers with the $160. Its just a token to spice up the event. Btw not every club will give discount I just got lucky this time Very Happy but it won't stop me from trying. Hee hee hee..

Most important is that we all have a good time and meet new fellow GRians. cheers 

Cheers
mloy

P.S. To all who participated I really would like to thank you once again. You all made it happened! Cheers Jump

Steady lah Char boh!
What would GR do without u!
Beer
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:04 pm

Although I have not participate in any GR events, From what i gather from past events and this as well, GR is very transparent in their dealings. That's the true spirit of golf...
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Tiramisu wrote:
I did wonder what $136 how to have lucky draw? I was thinking maybe got some sponsor for somw golf items. But that evening my boy said he won the lucky draw, I was surprised to know its Taka Vouchers. Really so nice of the organizer. I look forward to the next event and perhaps if time allow I can offer help too. Thanks again!cheers
 Totally agree with Tiramisu, with such great organisers and happenings, it'll be my top priority to take part in the next event too! And hope I can get to golf with Tiramisu's wonderboy finally too! Wink
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 3:18 pm

This reminds me, I need to publish the survey results.
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 9:44 am

Paul, no my boy is not wonder boy! Embarassed He still has many to learn and to be polish up! But I must say Im blessed to have a good boy. cheers
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:10 am

hi mom Tiramisu, isn't tat wat we parents would love our children turn out to be? not necessry good by the world's standard......but good in our own hearts and soul Smile my congrats to u, a great mom!
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks, Paul. I just hope he excel and shine in his own way.
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
paul@golf

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 am

no worry, I'm very sure he will in his good time Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification   GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GR Game - 20th July (Palm Springs Batam) Lucky Draw Clarification
Page 1 of 1