Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MBGC is HARD now...

Go down 
+6
Turbo
kissthegreen
chip_munkie
enwee
chien
EastCoastHack
10 posters
AuthorMessage
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

MBGC is HARD now... Empty
PostSubject: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:16 am

... the whites are from the old blue position and the blues from the rarely used black position.

What was cool today was the Long Drive Competition: http://www.mbgc.com.sg/Announcement/Detail.aspx?AnnoucementID=67.

Got to try the Big Bertha! I was able to hit it farther... into the woods than my XHot Wink.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:21 am

Playing tomorrow at noon.. Join us 2 balls if anybody keen !
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:46 am

EastCoastHack wrote:
... the whites are from the old blue position and the blues from the rarely used black position.

What was cool today was the Long Drive Competition: http://www.mbgc.com.sg/Announcement/Detail.aspx?AnnoucementID=67.

Got to try the Big Bertha! I was able to hit it farther... into the woods than my XHot Wink.
Isn't that good, put all the bunkers within reach from white to beyond reach? lol! 
Back to top Go down
chip_munkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
chip_munkie

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:48 am

The black tee is really far.. MBGC is nice n challenging for me.. Sad that its gonna go sometime in future..
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:49 am

enwee wrote:
EastCoastHack wrote:

Isn't that good, put all the bunkers within reach from white to beyond reach? lol! 

... not if you just started carrying the bunkers from the whites Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:51 am

EastCoastHack wrote:
enwee wrote:
EastCoastHack wrote:

... not if you just started carrying the bunkers from the whites Smile
Then u moved further back...... ROFL 
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 10:52 am

chien wrote:
Playing tomorrow at noon.. Join us 2 balls if anybody keen !

Bro chien I would be happy to join you from the blacks but after today's performance I'm dedicating the next three days to range practice only!

Back on the course Monday am with the MGK discount Wink
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Monday noon? ? Hmm  tempting ...
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 9:32 am

FYI played the back nine this morning and most of the tees are back in their usual positions.
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:23 am

Played last Saturday. Greens are nice and buggy allowed on fairways!  cheers
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:51 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
Played last Saturday. Greens are nice and buggy allowed on fairways!  cheers

It seems like you only golf at MBGC on weekends only, huh? Whats the green fee for weekend?

Yap, the course condition is excellent now ...

BTW, you have any feedback on Vovik Crystal balls? Spin and distance wise ... Thanks in advance ...  Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:23 pm

bro turbo, green fees i think nett nett about 140 for weekend.. i played on weekdays as well.. There was once maybe twice i just gate-crashed and played as one-baller (join flight). I also remembered i was the lone golfer for a 9-hole game at the 1ast tee-slot on a weekday. Though no companion,  I have the whole damned MBGC course by myself! Reminded me when I was working in NJ many many years ago. Love the sunday golf game back then - no rush, cool weather... 

As for the volvik, i have not got the chance to use it yet. Wanted to deplete my Srixon q-star balls first..  Cool
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 11:05 pm

kissthegreen wrote:
bro turbo, green fees i think nett nett about 140 for weekend.. i played on weekdays as well.. There was once maybe twice i just gate-crashed and played as one-baller (join flight). I also remembered i was the lone golfer for a 9-hole game at the 1ast tee-slot on a weekday. Though no companion,  I have the whole damned MBGC course by myself! Reminded me when I was working in NJ many many years ago. Love the sunday golf game back then - no rush, cool weather... 

As for the volvik, i have not got the chance to use it yet. Wanted to deplete my Srixon q-star balls first..  Cool

Hi bro, I was quoted $92 for two dozens of Volvik Vista (3-piece) in white color only and $62 for two dozens of Volvik Crystal (in yellow, orange or green color) ...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 11:23 pm

kissthegreen wrote:

Hey mate.. Next time jio me for weekdays game.. No need play alone  cheers
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
kissthegreen

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 12:41 am

chien wrote:
kissthegreen wrote:

Hey mate.. Next time jio me for weekdays game.. No need play alone  cheers
Okie.. Onz.. Pm your mobile.. Will jio you but heard that your golf kungfu deep deep.. Must pang qiu okie?
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 10:54 am

Played mbgc once with buggy on track throughout.
That was after the dry spell in Singapore. Really tiring... Felt like commando course man! Nowadays must be back to normal I guess? Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:30 pm

MBGC green condition is fantastic now ... Pretty fast green ...
Back to top Go down
Gymrat76
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Ground very hard and dry.. drives got another extra 20-30m bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:47 pm

Gymrat76 wrote:
Ground very hard and dry.. drives got another extra 20-30m bounce Very Happy

No wonder my driving distance increased today. Laughing However, I noticed a 10 m extra roll only on average  ... I felt that the green condition has improved significantly after the refurnbishment a few weeks ago ... Both the green and fairway conditions can match or even better than many private country clubs ... Good job MBGC maintenance folks!
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 9:26 pm

You there today Turbo? ? Me 2 ! 

But errrr... Sorry i disagree. . Feel the greens though are a lot better than a month ago they were still pretty slow. . You have to knock the putt instead of stroking.. Some are also inconsistent as the maintenance crew were spraying water in the afternoon heat. . so you get wet greens and dry ones. .

There were stretches on a couple of fairways which were marked GUR.. 

In all. .. Yes conditions improved from a month ago. . But I'll take nsrcc changi any time and let's not compare with some private clubs courses. ..  Laughing
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 10:47 pm

Btw.. What time was your flight mate? Saw 2 guys hitting really long behind us...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 12:28 am

Hi Chien, our flight only two balls ... Me and my golf kaki ... I do not know why the other two fella (who were not our friends) didn't turn up ... I saw a flight of four guys infront of us teeing off from blue and we also teed off from blue to make our $$$ worth Laughing  ... Looks like they were also delayed by the flight before them ... I saw a guy using 915D2 driver wearing Puma golf shoes ... Were you the one? Our  tee time was 12.33PM ... Cool

BTW, I comparing the course condition of MBGC with private clubs in JB ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 2:00 pm

In terms of course condition, OCC is worse off than MBGC currently ...
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Turbo, agree with you man. I played OCC about 2 months back and the condition of Dendro was quite bad. Lots of patches here and there on the fairway. Luckily Aranda was still quite alright.
Back to top Go down
spunkfunk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 6:52 pm

could it be due to a fungal infection on the greens. quite common these days and hard to eradicate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MBGC is HARD now...   MBGC is HARD now... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MBGC is HARD now...
Page 1 of 1