Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MBGC

Go down 
+17
hkhamateur
chip_munkie
grwilliam
bomby
pocketace
9points
simoner
DiVoTion
Gofnut
mrkatsucurry
shimizu.toruk
Tokkokking
tonnyfong
Ngn52
hardrock
EastCoastHack
Tiramisu
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 am

Hi,

Anyone playing at MBGC on weekday evening or Sunday? if you dont mind, My son would like to join in, as he was given the discount vou during the 10th anni from MGK. I had called MBGC which they do not do pairing.
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:52 am

The $40 voucher MGK gave out late last year? Is that expiring soon?
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:50 am

yes, my son had 2 1 for wkday $40, 1 for weekend $80. Valid till 31st march.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Why not you bring him n play?
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Im not a golfer. ;)Therefore I had been driving him about to play and he had played with a few nice uncles here too.
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
hardrock

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Tiramisu wrote:
Im not a golfer. ;)Therefore I had been driving him about to play and he had played with a few nice uncles here too.

Then you should start picking up golf and play with him..
Back to top Go down
Ngn52
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:11 am

To Tiramisu, I undetrstand your situation. I myself don't play golf but my daughter play, many time she want to play but very difficult to find golfer want to drive buggy for her?? Many time, she waited at golf registration counter, and go home with disappointment! It's either flight full or some senior golfer don't let her join!! I encounter 1 arrogant golfer who's immediate refuse and said "We play blue tee one"! My daughter replied "I can play blue tee too" He turn and walk away.. Selfish golfers...
Back to top Go down
tonnyfong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 am

Ngn52 wrote:
To Tiramisu, I undetrstand your situation. I myself don't play golf but my daughter play, many time she want to play but very difficult to find golfer want to drive buggy for her?? Many time, she waited at golf registration counter, and go home with disappointment! It's either flight full or some senior golfer don't let her join!! I encounter 1 arrogant golfer who's immediate refuse and said "We play blue tee one"! My daughter replied "I can play blue tee too" He turn and walk away.. Selfish golfers...

Man... I dislike those kinda people.

I'm from NUS currently doing internship thus no time to play on weekdays. But i'm sure my team/club mates should be more than willing to invite her.

My team mates play almost weekly at OCC, MBGC or Kranji on Weds/Fri morning. The current chairman is a lady (if that makes you feel safer) and she normally plays on weds.

I can talk to my them if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Tokkokking
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 10:49 am

Ngn52 wrote:

Just book online for those 1 slot available flights. Once you have paid, let MBGC tackle the problem.
If your daughter can clear the swing test or has a valid HCP/PC, no reason why she can't play. Its a public course anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:02 am

Ngn52 wrote:

Yes, my son experienced once 3 japanese refused him to join their flight and the marshall told them off. So my boy plays at SCC (home club) most of the Sunday morning cos they will pair him up. He is 14 still not allow to drive buggy. Maybe your gal don't mind, she and my son can play together. MGBC told me they do not do pairing, like you mentioned they will tell you to either go early to wait or you get an adult golfer. Yesterday, my son joined the MGK Feb event, happened his flight mate got this uncle had the voc he playing on this Thursday its very nice of him upon hearing my son also got the voc he immediately invited my son to join him and his friend.

Btw, there are jga event at keppel club next month, yr gal can join.
http://www.juniorgolfassociation.com.sg/Junior_Golf_Association/Home/Home.html

Back to top Go down
Ngn52
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 am

Thank you! In fact some of the member has post to let her join their group. 2 junior also cannot play on same flight as needed an adult to drive bugyy, and most time 2 adult usaully friend if any 1 junior play, they will have to split buggy. For friend who play golf normally they have something to discuss or...?
Back to top Go down
Ngn52
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:14 am

To Tokkokking: not so simple, today I went MBGC personally to help my daughter book 1 ball, on system show 1 ball at 12:20pm and the other group 3 balls at 1:16pm, the 1 ball is a guest from overseas(according to the registration), no chance. The other 3 balls group, MBGC wil need to contact them to check whether they allow her to join?? Anyway, I hope to find her a regular group to be able to form flight so to avoid disappointment. Smile Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:20 am

Ngn52 wrote:
To Tokkokking: not so simple, today I went MBGC personally to help my daughter book 1 ball, on system show 1 ball at 12:20pm and the other group 3 balls at 1:16pm, the 1 ball is a guest from overseas(according to the registration), no chance. The other 3 balls group, MBGC wil need to contact them to check whether they allow her to join?? Anyway, I hope to find her a regular group to be able to form flight so to avoid disappointment. Smile Thanks!

Yes, at times feel so Sad but yes at this forum there are so many nice golfers. I also try to ask and see they allow my son to join. Smile
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
shimizu.toruk

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 am

Ngn52 wrote:

Hi Ngn52, I think there is a difference between going there to book vs. booking online, coz you need to pay first before booking online, and once you paid, there's nothing much they can do about it. I'm sure MBGC would much rather send your daughter to the course than refund you :-)
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mrkatsucurry

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 11:41 am

maybe try joining one of the societies, like SSG.

surely got some uncle who will drive the buggy for the kids.

Actually i remember I did see a kid on one of the SSG tourneys.

Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi Ngn52, I think there is a difference between going there to book vs. booking online, coz you need to pay first before booking online, and once you paid, there's nothing much they can do about it. I'm sure MBGC would much rather send your daughter to the course than refund you :-)[/quote]

Unlikely cos MBGC only allow 16 above to drive the buggy so they might refund the fee. Actually i do feel that the counter staffs werent very friendly and helpful too, cos last night when my son went to the counter to ask to join a flight, as we have the discount but left in car and it was raining very very heavily. So I told the staff I will go bavk to my car to take but she didn't answer me continued her keying. When I returned back with the voc she asked for my son's student pass!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:07 pm

Hi, I have just joined this forum though I have been following it for some time. I am a senior golfer who plays regularly at MBGC on Sundays in the late morning or early afternoon. I usually turn up as a single ball and join whichever flight that is conveniently available. I would welcome playing with junior golfers who are passionate about the game. Please PM me if you think I can help. Smile
Back to top Go down
DiVoTion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DiVoTion

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:11 pm

was that done over the counter or you booked online....?

I had joined flights as 1 ball before and booking was done online through e-booking, don't remember being told that they had to ask for permission whether they allow me to join.....

Perhaps the workaround is to book through e-booking on their website ....

Ngn52 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 pm

To : Tiramisu

Just realised that as a newcomer, I am not able to PM yet! I intend to play this Sunday at MBGC and would like a tee time between 12 noon and 12.45 so that I can finish in time for dinner with the family. Call me at 9750 8732 and we can do the arrangements.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:25 pm

Have booked tee time 12.36pm at MBGC for this coming Sunday. March 3. Currently, only two of us i.e. Gofnut and Exceptional Golfer (junior). Would like to invote other GRians to join us.
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:33 am

Im wondering why for MGK members to play at MBGC green fee is $110 but for sporeans/ pr is $75. If such using MGK isnt that more expensive cos still to pay for ballot pass fee $16.50?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Tiramisu wrote:
Im wondering why for MGK members to play at MBGC green fee is $110 but for sporeans/ pr is $75. If such using MGK isnt that more expensive cos still to pay for ballot pass fee $16.50?

If I'm not mistaken, it's non-Singaporean MGK members.

Singaporean MGK members still pays $75.
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:09 pm

simoner wrote:
Tiramisu wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, it's non-Singaporean MGK members.

Singaporean MGK members still pays $75.

Oh Im unsure cos I saw MGK shown $110 and also the booking invoice. Cos so far my son only managed to play twice with the mgk 10th anni discount voc.
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi Tiramisu,

I'm sorry but was just wondering by any chance your son's name is Shao Xuan?
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 8:19 am

9points wrote:
Hi Tiramisu,

I'm sorry but was just wondering by any chance your son's name is Shao Xuan?

Sorry my son is not shao xuan. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MBGC Empty
PostSubject: Re: MBGC   MBGC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MBGC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next