Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?

Go down 
+12
chuangyee
herpderp
EastCoastHack
daveteh
Happydingle
56789pgs
willytan
asahi
olivewine
kyleyann
je7170
lionwoods
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? Empty
PostSubject: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:35 am

I am using SM3 56 wedge for my sand, chipping and pitching, really like it very much. Considering to buy a complete set of SM5: 52/56/60, maybe 48 also to replace my P... Smile
However, the options of the Grind really confuse me. Any bros can give advice what Grind to choose? K or S or M? I am kind of neutral swinger.
Back to top Go down
je7170
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Hope this help. Cant find the video by Titleist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flhzWMTQ9Y0
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kyleyann

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 4:05 pm

lionwoods wrote:
I am using SM3 56 wedge for my sand, chipping and pitching, really like it very much. Considering to buy a complete set of SM5: 52/56/60, maybe 48 also to replace my P... Smile
However, the options of the Grind really confuse me. Any bros can give advice what Grind to choose? K or S or M? I am kind of neutral swinger.

Try google for "SM5_Selection_Guide.pdf" for more details.

If you are serious in getting a set, I would highly recommend you get fitted for your wedges.
Back to top Go down
olivewine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
olivewine

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Titleist provides fitting at sentosa. U can book slots through their Singapore website. www.titleist.com.sg

It's free... Just that the next available slot can be a couple of months later...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Yup.

Take the guesswork out and go for a proper fitting.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 7:15 pm

je7170 wrote:
Hope this help. Cant find the video by Titleist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flhzWMTQ9Y0

Great video to introduce the grinds. 

Learnt something again.
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:07 pm

Just booked a Titleist wedge fitting slot in Sentosa one month later. Thanks for all the recommendations.
Back to top Go down
56789pgs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:24 pm

anyone been to this fitting? are you obliged to purchase what they recommended to you?
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:52 pm

56789pgs wrote:
anyone been to this fitting? are you obliged to purchase what they recommended to you?
to my knowledge, usually, don't have to buy after the fitting.
Back to top Go down
56789pgs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 pm

lionwoods wrote:
56789pgs wrote:
to my knowledge, usually, don't have to buy after the fitting.

thanks for the reply.
after the fitting, i do want to buy what they recommended... just not at List price.. Smile
any lobangs?
Back to top Go down
olivewine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
olivewine

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:03 pm

the fitting setup is under acushnet. he will not be able to sell you direct. at the end of the session, what he do is to give you a form of the titleist clubs specs you are fitted to. you can then place order through their retailers... not sure of the entire list of retailers, but golf house is one... usually 20% off listed price...
Back to top Go down
56789pgs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:10 pm

olivewine wrote:
the fitting setup is under acushnet. he will not be able to sell you direct. at the end of the session, what he do is to give you a form of the titleist clubs specs you are fitted to. you can then place order through their retailers... not sure of the entire list of retailers, but golf house is one... usually 20% off listed price...
wonderful! no hard selling nor stock clearing selling (aka ask you to buy based on what they have in stock or overstocked) plus I can shop for better pricing. Cool.

Thanks Olivewine.
Back to top Go down
Happydingle
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:19 pm

I was fitted by Gene from Titleist, ordered and collected from GD about 2 weeks later. Found them to be cheaper than GH. Cheers
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:34 pm

Happydingle wrote:
I was fitted by Gene from Titleist, ordered and collected from GD about 2 weeks later. Found them to be cheaper than GH. Cheers
the price in GD is about 15x. and GH is about 18x, right?
Back to top Go down
daveteh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
daveteh

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:07 pm

Yes you're right Lionwoods. My friend and I bought the SM5 from GD at 15x recently.
Back to top Go down
EastCoastHack
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
EastCoastHack

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:12 am

MST offers competitive pricing on the SM5s for MGK members. I own three of them Smile.
Back to top Go down
je7170
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 am

daveteh wrote:
Yes you're right Lionwoods. My friend and I bought the SM5 from GD at 15x recently.

Which GD Outlet?
Back to top Go down
daveteh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
daveteh

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 11:16 am

Enterprise One at Kaki Bukit.
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
herpderp

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Just bought it there too. 157
Back to top Go down
je7170
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Thanks for the info. Will go check GD tomorrow as MST offer not as good.
Back to top Go down
chuangyee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:48 pm

According to that Youtube fella - Mark Crossfield. I think he likes K-grind. We dont really have a chance to try that in a bunker before buying though.
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2014 9:20 pm

Seen online + various places where players have custom stamping on their sm5, anyone know if there is additional cost to it? and also where can i get it? pretty cool!
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Bump bump for my enquiries..Smile
Back to top Go down
lionwoods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 12:33 pm

sebastianlim wrote:
Seen online + various places where players have custom stamping on their sm5, anyone know if there is additional cost to it? and also where can i get it? pretty cool!
go to Titleist Website to register for fitting. Fitting in Sentosa Golf club. It is free.
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm

sebastianlim wrote:
Custom stamping is not free. You have to put in a custom order through any of the retailers eg golf house/golf direct, who will then forward the order to acushnet. There's a significant up charge, the price of which I'm not sure exactly. But an up charge is certain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?   Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titleist Vokey SM5 Wedge, what grind to choose?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next