Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views

Go down 
+17
Vinny
billi
S70B
Yarra
eiji
asahi
pushslice
alvin7379
TigaWood
riverdeity
Birdman
Moonfruit
TheFocalPoint
tanjongtiger
Cyp_PGA
Duval_S
hillgreen
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views Empty
PostSubject: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Just got my new set of wedges and was just gotten used to it then my friend lent me his vokey wedge.
Tried few shots in the range and WOW Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views Fresse , the feel is really superb and the spin is one of the best that I had tried. Weight of the club seems to be a tad heavy but real good feel at hits ......Heard the CG15 is not bad also ??

Very tempting to change my set of wedge to Vokey but cannot be changing everything to what we like in golf - this is suicidal Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views Icon_pale ..

Like to get some comments here on your views on the best wedges that you had tried...

Thanks in advance...
Cheers....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:57 pm

I had not tried Vokey becos its too expensive for me. However I still do use wedges

The ones which I have are the old faithful TA588 Cleveland 51deg and Ping MB Tour SW

For the TA588, the head is heavy and its good for my full swing (some call it 1/2 swing) as I like the head abit heavy.

I like the SW Ping becos of the bounce, and such easier to for green bunker shots. The head is a bit lighter as compared to TA588 but it suits me as it allows me to play around the trajectory around green.

As you can tell, I have not much experience in wedges..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:12 pm

Did you ever try the new taylormade wedge with kbs tour shaft . the feeling is very good and the spin it's just so good and crazy...
Back to top Go down
tanjongtiger
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:50 pm

Vokey wedges are definitely the best wedge tools from a "feel" perspective.

But I switched almost unreluctantly to Nike VR wedges as they costs only 1/3 of a vokey yet lands my balls almost the same distance/ spin on the greens.

As an analogue:

1 Vokey 56* Wedge ($150+) approx = 52* + 56* + 60* Nike Wedges ($180+)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:01 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
Did you ever try the new taylormade wedge with kbs tour shaft . the feeling is very good and the spin it's just so good and crazy...

I'm using this, and i must say, Cyp_PGA is absolutely right...
Quite a few advanced players i let to try this club was amazed at the forgiveness and spin it generated... Worth to just give it a try...
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:27 am

Tks.. Hmm TM wedge..
If I ever get this, gonna soon convert all to TM

can know price comparison against vokey? For value to performance evaluation
Back to top Go down
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:02 am

Vokey the most expensive for sure!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:55 am

You definitely pay a premium for vokeys compared to most wedges.

I personally prefer the look and lighter weight of the TMs. Still using my "Y" TPs which were a bargain at $99 when they were being phased out. They don't shred the ball as much as Vokeys do. The CG15s are great performers too, but I can't quite get past the extremely rounded leading edge that extends out past the hosel. That's the only thing holding me back from trying them out.

Here's a link to Golf Magazine's 2010 wedge test you might like to read.

http://www.golf.com/golf/gallery/article/0,28242,1969215,00.html
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
riverdeity

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:55 am

I have used cleveland wedges in the past but since i lost my 60 deg couple of months back, i forked out the cash and got a vokey wedge.. It feels lighter than my old cg15 . Distance wise is probably the same but I think i get more backspin with my Vokey. Smile
Golf digest has a very good review of wedges btw
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 am

hillgreen wrote:
Just got my new set of wedges and was just gotten used to it then my friend lent me his vokey wedge.
Tried few shots in the range and WOW Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views Fresse , the feel is really superb and the spin is one of the best that I had tried. Weight of the club seems to be a tad heavy but real good feel at hits ......Heard the CG15 is not bad also ??

Very tempting to change my set of wedge to Vokey but cannot be changing everything to what we like in golf - this is suicidal Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views Icon_pale ..

Like to get some comments here on your views on the best wedges that you had tried...

Thanks in advance...
Cheers....

whether I use vokey,callaway,cg15 to 100...my score is still the same leh.
I bought a set of callaway during the promotion at $106, the feel is good, the price I think is OK for a forage club.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:13 am

tanjongtiger wrote:
Vokey wedges are definitely the best wedge tools from a "feel" perspective.

But I switched almost unreluctantly to Nike VR wedges as they costs only 1/3 of a vokey yet lands my balls almost the same distance/ spin on the greens.

As an analogue:

1 Vokey 56* Wedge ($150+) approx = 52* + 56* + 60* Nike Wedges ($180+)

Very Happy

affraid only $60 each?....next time I will switch to Nike.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:50 am

seebayho wrote:

affraid only $60 each?....next time I will switch to Nike.

I think you need to do it fast, becos this price is only valid for the clear stock "Closing Down" sales of the Nike Golf Shop in Ubi... think finishing soon...
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:00 am

Eh still no reviews on the vokey? Seemed like everyone above liked other wedges. Very Happy

Watermyforest, eden, s70b, jhan are vokey fans, if i observed correctly
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:41 am

Had a Nike wedge and a Vokey of same loft.
Felt the Nike one felt lighter and thinner feel on contact.

Whereas the Vokey one is heavier & seems to more controlled & stable throughout swing. Contact for the Vokey was meatier.
So my preference for Vokey.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 am

so u changing ur irons to Titleist as well, so u have an almost full Titleist bag? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:07 am

I'd go for the old TM's rac anyday than the Vokey's. A matter of preference and just because I was so used to the TMs, though. But I do find that the spins are more or less the same...
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:20 am

In fact , I am on callaway x forged now. Not bad but somehow the tear drop shape of vokey and it's feel is better than x forged. Or perhaps I should try to up the sw.. Haha

seebayho wrote:
hillgreen wrote:

Thanks in advance...
Cheers....

whether I use vokey,callaway,cg15 to 100...my score is still the same leh.
I bought a set of callaway during the promotion at $106, the feel is good, the price I think is OK for a forage club.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:22 am

Yo... Funny, one of my friend said that his old Rac wedge is still the best..
Same as what u said..

Yarra wrote:
I'd go for the old TM's rac anyday than the Vokey's. A matter of preference and just because I was so used to the TMs, though. But I do find that the spins are more or less the same...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:48 am

Somehow, I am just so used to the shape. Most importantly, it spins good too!
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:32 pm

pushslice wrote:
Eh still no reviews on the vokey? Seemed like everyone above liked other wedges. Very Happy

Watermyforest, eden, s70b, jhan are vokey fans, if i observed correctly

Laughing

I do like my Vokeys and its a major brand in my wedge collection.

However, being the Wedge 'Ho I am, I do have others like Nike, Cleveland, Fourteen, Callaway, Tourstage, and Scratch.

I stopped using Clevelands after the CG10s. Their best work were the 900s and the 588 DSG and it was all downhill from there for them. Same for the Nikes as there seem to be a new model every now and then till I lost track. It doesn't help that the previous model will go for <$100 after only a few months.

The Vokeys appeal to me because of the shape, spin, grinds and loft options available. It doesn't hurt that I get to choose to have the lie and loft bent to my specs with certain shaft and grip options available to me at no extra cost when I purchase them in the US.

They are only more expensive when you buy them back home in Sg but here, all the wedges from every major manufacturer are priced about the same be it from Nike, Cleveland, TM or Titleist with not more than $20 separating them. I suspect they hold their price slightly better because other than the new CC grooves version, they hardly change or get updated models like what Nike, TM, and now Cleveland is doing. Their 09 model is pretty much the same as their previous one with more loft and grind options available.

My wedges are the most impt and most used tools in my bag. I can play 18 holes without my driver or my putter but I will be very lost without my wedges. Pick wisely and make sure they fit your game and you perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:35 pm

hhmmmmm...maybe my short game can improve if I use Vokeys.....

Let me write to santa and to be sure, get a big big sock hanging at balcony...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Eh D

Your short game will improve if you practice. Period.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Hope that asking ard will reduce my trial n error.. Just want to learn more n also authenticate that my feel on vokey is accurate..

So seems like there are some vokey supporters
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:27 pm

I like Ikasu or muira that is the best wedges ever made , gd to spin / stop at green . like ABS brake .... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 pm

S70B wrote:
I stopped using Clevelands after the CG10s. Their best work were the 900s and the 588 DSG and it was all downhill from there for them.

My wedges are the most impt and most used tools in my bag. I can play 18 holes without my driver or my putter but I will be very lost without my wedges. Pick wisely and make sure they fit your game and you perfectly.

I think Cleveland's 900s and 588s are classics. They are simply irreplaceable. Even when there are a lot of praise about the CG15s, I find it quite ordinary.

And yes, wedges are hard to live without. And to me, once I get used to a certain shape/feel, it is hard to replace. I buy all of those TM rac wedges I could find anywhere in the world, through the Internet or from my trips. I got 5 spares now and still buying whenever I get a chance.

S70B wrote:
Eh D

Your short game will improve if you practice. Period.

Check-mate, buddy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next