Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship! Empty
PostSubject: Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship!   Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Michelle Wie shot a final round 67 to win the LPGA Lotte Championship by 2 strokes over Angela Stanford. It was a reversal of fortune for Wie, as just 2 weeks ago she finished runner up to Lexi Thompson at the Kraft Nabisco Championship. 

It certainly did not look like it was going to be Michelle Wie's day as Angela Stanford birdied the 3rd hole to take a 4 stroke lead over Michelle and Hyo Joo Kim of Korea. Then things started to change quite rapidly. Michelle would birdie holes 5 and 6, while Stanford bogeyed the 6th and 8th holes. Meanwhile Kim was looking very solid with birdies on the 1st, 4th, and 7th holes, and we had a 3 way tie at the turn. 

From there on in it was all Wie, as she made medium length putts on 12, 13, and 16 to seal the victory. 
Stanford could do no better than shoot even par on the back nine, and the pressure seemed to get to Kim as she shot a 2 over par 38 to fall out of contention. 

For full Recap: 

http://www.tonyslpgareport.com/2014/04/michelle-wie-wins-lpga-lotte.html
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship!   Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:19 am

Feel happy for her as her last LPGA victory was in 2010. 

Last week , she didn't win bcos she refused to use her driver even though she was chasing Lexi. 

Without driver, she will need longer irons to attack green and usually her birdie attempts was not close enough for her to make easier birdie putts.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship!   Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 10:09 am

Good call there Tony!  Idea
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
tonyj5
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship!   Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:19 pm

kamen wrote:
Thanks. Even I get lucky once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kamen

PostSubject: Re: Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship!   Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 3:44 pm

tonyj5 wrote:
kamen wrote:
Thanks. Even I get lucky once in awhile.

Man, you're cool! Your site's only one of a couple I defer to for LPGA news and reviews.
Anticipating next your preview and picks for the upcoming SS LPGA Classic. Thanks Tony!  Beer
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship!   Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michelle Wie Wins LPGA Lotte Championship!
Page 1 of 1