Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok

Go down 
+8
Daztasiumz
jurongtiger
kenneth18
asahi
nzkiwi
JonL_TK
enwee
golfool2009
12 posters
AuthorMessage
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok Empty
PostSubject: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:02 am

Found this interesting article on golfwrx about a course in BKK.  I've attached the link below, but it's a course called The Dream Arena at Golf Gems City that has copied some famous golf holes and the entire back nine of Augusta.  Sounds like a must try.

http://www.golfwrx.com/201345/the-back-nine-of-augusta-in-bangkok/
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 9:27 am

It's call the royal gems. front 9 modelled after all the famous holes in the world including the st andrew's road hole and sawgrass hole 17
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:23 pm

Playing there on Friday!!!
Back to top Go down
nzkiwi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 7:58 pm

I played there about 18 months ago... it's an awesome course and while it will never be 100% accurate it's pretty close and the next best thing to playing at the original.  I can't think how many balls I lost on the '17th at Sawgrass'.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Playing there on Friday!!!

Superb!

Enjoy ms lee
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
kenneth18

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 10:14 pm

Which part of Bangkok is this???  Great price and the view is fantastic n beautiful...
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Sweeet! 125 bucks is not a bad deal. I pay the same at NSRCC!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 1:50 pm

kenneth18 wrote:
Which part of Bangkok is this???  Great price and the view is fantastic n beautiful...
If I correct it's near Lum Luk Ka.
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:22 pm

issit near pattaya side?
Back to top Go down
nzkiwi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 6:56 pm

It's northeast from Don Mueang airport.  It comes up as The Royal Gems City Co. on google maps.
Back to top Go down
volts
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 9:37 am

There are 2 Royal Gems in Bangkok, so you'll have to be specific when you book. This one is Royal Gem City (although it is not so near the city). The course is very well set up, with lush grass and near perfect greens.

Definitely worth a visit.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:14 am

look at google map. It's not that far from lum luk ka golf, during the last trip, I think the driver went passed it on the way to lum luk ka.
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 10:28 am

Wah... the course is in Pathumthani? That's far man, but I'll definitely give it a try when I'm there.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 4:28 am

wow, that is one of the coolest things ever!! thanks for sharing, what a great experience that should be Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
Noriki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Noriki

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 10:41 am

Not far at all, from City head to Ramindra Express way then exit to Lum Luk Ka turn right look for Klong 16. Less then 1 hour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok   The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The back nine of Augusta.....in Bangkok
Page 1 of 1