Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cannot hit far using a driver

Go down 
+30
Hogan
yogibear
pocketace
jason.koh.54966
MPA
cherneu
xavierong71
nutty88
superputt
willytan
Kyser
Turbo
blee67
haragolfer
aquaman
ChrisD
zhenxua
Vinny
skybobo
weaponx
shimizu.toruk
kenneth18
flamer0454
goh.YF.52
Birdman
itdavidsg
TDO
Nam Flog
babolat
gcwlim
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:42 am

Bro Birdman, I am more like you, better to keep ball in play vs bombing into the next fairway / Hazard / OB.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 pm

zhenxua wrote:
bro vinny, free for game?

Brother ZX & Chris D ~ weekend game @ Sembawang sounds like a plan, keep me posted. 

Brother Birdie & Aquaman ~ the G25 driver is equipped with a remote that allows you to stick the ball on the fairways at will ROFL 

1 other thing I've discovered is that to stick the ball on the fairway, you need to follow through and complete your swing for this club. As for launch & distance ~ I'm sure Brother Techno can attest to this for all the other drivers he's trialed  Beer
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 5:20 pm

vinny, the same golf ball you tokd me about?
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aquaman

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Hold that you found the weapon of choice and the trucks to "remote control" your ball to fairways. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 3:15 pm

haragolfer wrote:
vinny, the same golf ball you tokd me about?

Yup, it's a combination of that ball, TM Burner and Penta ~ they were all new balls and obviously the Penta went the furtherest, and no, did not need any trucks to transport the balls back to the fairways… I reckon the swing is back with some grip change and a new (DU-REX) glove.  ROFL

As for finding the weapon of choice ~ the journey to seek that ultimate WMD will never cease…
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 4:25 pm

Vinny, now you just reminded me to avoid playing with you.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 4:44 pm

I say do a review on hue du-Rex glove and do a group buy. Combine shipping
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 10:31 pm

haragolfer wrote:
I say do a review on hue du-Rex glove and do a group buy. Combine shipping

All I can say is that this is a "Super Safe" glove  ROFL
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:50 pm

Vinny wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

Brother ZX & Chris D ~ weekend game @ Sembawang sounds like a plan, keep me posted. 

Brother Birdie & Aquaman ~ the G25 driver is equipped with a remote that allows you to stick the ball on the fairways at will ROFL 

1 other thing I've discovered is that to stick the ball on the fairway, you need to follow through and complete your swing for this club. As for launch & distance ~ I'm sure Brother Techno can attest to this for all the other drivers he's trialed  Beer

bro, r u hometeamns member?
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 4:14 pm

zhenxua wrote:
Vinny wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

Nope, not a member of any club whatsoever
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Vinny wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
Vinny wrote:
zhenxua wrote:

Nope, not a member of any club whatsoever

HomeTeamNS is just like MGK. it enables us to play at sembawang on weekends and pay only $85
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:18 pm

After so long, thread starter has yet to respond ... Perhaps he has already found the answer to his quest for long drive ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kyser
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Does cut the shaft length help in general? is it advisable
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 9:35 pm

Kyser wrote:

Having a shorter shaft will give u more control n may also better centre hits as compared to a longer shaft.
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 10:02 pm

willytan wrote:
Kyser wrote:

Having a shorter shaft will give u more control n may also better centre hits as compared to a longer shaft.

The best of both control and distance is 44.5" length.  Dun go longer than that because it will harder to control.
Back to top Go down
Kyser
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:20 pm

ok then i must go measure. i reckon the asian specs drivers are by factory default shorter?
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 10:25 am

Actually it all depends on how comfortable you are with driver length. I am 1.67m short and my driver is 46" long. So far I have been able to handle well, so best is to go experiment what works for you. In general, shorter is easier.
Back to top Go down
xavierong71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:22 am

Longer means further ???
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:33 am

xavierong71 wrote:
Longer means further ???

Provided you can handle the length well. In theory it should since the swing arc is wider.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:52 am

Go have a read on the article found in this link and you more or less have an idea how best your driver can work for you and not the other way round. As for the best / correct driver shaft length depends very much on the individual concerned ~ unfortunately in golf, there isn't a one size fits all solution..............  

Even after having sort out your equipment, the next component in question is our physical sustainability to maintain that golf swing to maximize the true potential of our equipment ~ not forgetting that we age year on year....... 

Finally, we also need to consider if we have the correct swing mechanics / foundation in place to help us achieve the desired driver distance...... So what is the desired driver distance, and how far is considered far by varying individual expectations.....??

After having gone through the journey of putting all the above in place ~ is the trouble worth the effort as a weekend warrior playing for bragging rights or a low handicapper increasing silver ware in his trophy cabinet......??

http://wishongolf.com/3-critical-keys-to-increasing-driver-distance/
Back to top Go down
cherneu
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
cherneu

PostSubject: Angle of Attack   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Hi buddy,

Most probably your angle of attack is very steep like an iron.

Try swinging the club at a shallower angle, meaning having a flatter swing. 

TIP:

Tee up the ball with a high TEE

Use your 3 Wood, and focus on having good contact with the ball because the club face is rather small.

The purpose of this exercise, if your swing is too aggressive and steep, your 3 wood would slide right under the ball hence your ball not going anywhere.

If you are not comfortable with 3 wood, use a LONG IRON.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Chern
Back to top Go down
http://www.chernsgolfcentre.com
MPA
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 11:45 am

I think it is not wise to tee up high and using 3 wood at driving range. Possible to hurt urself and other range users. Seen a few times ball hitting the range ceiling and bounces to others...
Safe practice
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
jason.koh.54966

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 7:48 am

I am facing similar problem too with my driver, very inconsistent.....usually I try too hard to muscle it but it will be worse!..try swinging it with a smoother tempo especially on the backswing, take it slow, focus on hitting the swing spot on the driver and keep your head behind the ball at impact.....I noticed my upper body tends to be too active at impact, sort of covering the ball at impact which led to terrible end results! just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 11:22 am

Just buy a new driver
C'mon, you know you want that new driver when old one is not working
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2016 11:33 am

Buy a non conforming head, should hit further
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannot hit far using a driver   Cannot hit far using a driver - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cannot hit far using a driver
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next