Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid   Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:23 pm

I just gotta share with the Forum my beloved ECCO Biom Hybrid shoes.

I bought them last Feb in Bangkok for about S$205 and use them for walking 9 holes almost 3x a week.  

Last month, my wife and me came over to the US for some meetings and decided to make it a one-month backpacking holiday.  And as many of you all know, there was snowstorms all over Northeast USA where we are.  We had snow almost everyday and if there's no snow, there's ice and snow on the pavements and roads, etc.  

I made the right decision to wear my ECCO here especially it's spikeless.  After walking all over a month- almost all the Smithsonian Institutions museums, memorials, zoos, etc.  I still haven't slipped!

In Washington DC, we would walked like 5 miles a day cos we didn't buy the bus pass (should have!). In NYC, we walked 2 rounds of the Central Park in the snow and other parts even to Harlem... Averaging about 5 miles a day as well.  Boston too- all over but had bought the cheapest weekly bus pass I've seen so far ($18 for 7 days).  Even in freezing Niagara Falls where we had snow of up to 3 feet cumulated when when we arrived.  

All in all, we probably walked 100 miles and the shoes are still holding up very well.  Even our friends where we stayed with think we're crazy!  

Today, I'm going to buy another spare pair but I think my current pair will last another year, easily.

So, if you are considering to buy a pair of golf shoes, think ECCO Biom Hybrid and if you go thru my postings, I don't work for any shoes or golf company or have anything to do with them.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid   Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:29 pm

Lovely!!! 

Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
wongky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
wongky

PostSubject: Re: Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid   Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 am

Yepz, I have them in multiple colours and they are really good for walking! Fairly expensive in SG though, have to either get online or buy overseas...
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid   Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:15 am

Yes, it's very expensive in SG... I think it was over $300 on sale!  I just walked to Golfsmith this morning at Lexington and they had the new models at U$189+.  The older model (mine) but in purple (lavender?) is going for U$149+.  I didn't buy at the end cos I'll be heading to BKK in the next couple months and will probably buy from there.  

Some other online sites are selling them cheaper.  you guys can also buy together.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid   Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 10:20 am

I just saw this - http://www.budgetgolf.com/Ecco-Biom-Hybrid-Golf-Shoes-Black-Purple.html?sku=634246271520&CAWELAID=520008760000063083&catargetid=520008760000079060&cadevice=c&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CKLJ_oTIor0CFahlOgod8iQAUQ  It's very cheap at U$107+.  Wished I had surfed earlier and would have bought this to be sent to my friend's place.
Back to top Go down
nismo88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
nismo88

PostSubject: Re: Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid   Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:02 am

artchang00 wrote:
Yes, it's very expensive in SG... I think it was over $300 on sale!  I just walked to Golfsmith this morning at Lexington and they had the new models at U$189+.  The older model (mine) but in purple (lavender?) is going for U$149+.  I didn't buy at the end cos I'll be heading to BKK in the next couple months and will probably buy from there.  

Some other online sites are selling them cheaper.  you guys can also buy together.
Where can you buy it in BKK?
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid   Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 11:17 am

Saw some ecco shoes in Transview, Kranji. Some model going at $209, not sure if it is Biom Hybrid.
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid   Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 1:57 am

nismo88 wrote:
artchang00 wrote:

Where can you buy it in BKK?

Most golf & sports shops sell them.  I bought mine at Super Sports Central World.  I wanted to buy from Thaniya Mall (can enter thru Sala Daeng BTS station) but they didn't have my size.  Might be cheaper now since there's a new model.  From the major retailer, you can get VAT Refund.  Smaller ones may not have VAT Refund but you can bargain.  

Happy shopping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid   Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review on ECCO Biom Hybrid
Page 1 of 1