Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!

Go down 
+11
BryanSiow
JasonG
nicasio
DGman
schnell
angyongshen
haragolfer
crayon33
golfool2009
mengteck71
asahi
15 posters
AuthorMessage
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! Empty
PostSubject: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 11:04 pm

To all BB & BB Alpha fans, share what the new WMD from Callaway has done for you in terms of your tee off.

Especially with the BB Alpha with its many adjustability options.

For me, my BB Alpha on Tour AD BB (haha....BB matchmade in heaven), I have played around with the settings quite a bit.
But thus far, this the best setting for me.

Gravity Core - Down ( heavier weight near sole)
Loft - Plus 1 degree
Neutral bias

So far, been getting better launch angle and carry distance......love it to tears!

Callaway  Callaway  Callaway
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm

Would be greatful to those who have tried BB Alpha and Optiforce to provide a comparison on forgiveness and performance would Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:35 am

Fiddled around with the settings a bit....neutral and +2 for loft vs my preferred +1 loft.

Tested on trackman....swing speed of 97-100....the higher loft setting had more spin and launch angle at 15 compared to 400 less spin and 12.6-13.5 launch for the +1 loft setting.
Optimal launch for my swing speed is 13, according to trackman guide.

That's it! +1 loft setting for me henceforth.
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
golfool2009

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Asahi, I recommend you lube your BB shaft before you go to bed at night just in case your love for the club overwhelms you in the middle of the night ......

Let's have a game soon...i want to see your new love in action......
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 3:47 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
Asahi, I recommend you lube your BB shaft before you go to bed at night just in case your love for the club overwhelms you in the middle of the night ......

Let's have a game soon...i want to see your new love in action......

No need lah. I sleep soundly at night de. No worries on shaft overwhelming me at night unless......

I see you got new love too....we should golf soon and see our loves are in action. 

Get our fave kaki in too?
JCC?

Hehe
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Does anyone know what weights to use to make the swing weight to D4 on the BB Alpha on stock fubuki zt 60 45.5 inch shaft
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 am

Your Current set up is likely to be D2 SW.

Can increase by another 8 g total weight to up the SW.

Probably  need a clubfitter inputs here to cfm.
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:30 pm

any input on whether 17 degree 1700rpm launch would be beast for distance on callaway alpha?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Hara,

Best to get it checked on trackman.

There should be optimal launch angles for varying swing speeds.

Mine between 93-97....recommended for 13-15

Spin bout 2200-2800
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:29 pm

crayon33 wrote:
Does anyone know what weights to use to make the swing weight to D4 on the BB Alpha on stock fubuki zt 60 45.5 inch shaft

I think you just need to bring your default head weight up by 5gms and you should be looking at an increase of 2sw points to D3.9 sw. sw is static measure, imho newton law of motion will be more crucial, F=ma  Peace .

Btw, the default swing weight is d3 for BBalpha? When in doubt I usually use the swing weight calculators online, find it rather accurate.
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
crayon33

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 7:39 pm

I changed the toe weight of 1gm to the 5gm weight and it now feels comparable to my sldr. Did not get to test at range this weekend and will head st8 to tanjung puteri tomorrow am. As for settings,  started off with +2* and neutral setting on my 9* head. The weight is set to the weight down position.

Can't wait to see if this driver really lives up to the hype.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Currently me on 1g at toe and 3g at heel....with a Tour AD BB6S shaft, SW at D2.....working fine for me.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
schnell
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
schnell

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:09 am

Fitted with a big bertha and bassara phoenix 53 reg shaft. This club is an absolute beast for me. Its quite forgiving on mishits (which happens way too often) and when it connects..boy its LONG! Thanks dgman for giving me back my confidence at the tee box🍺BeerBeerBeer
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:35 am

Dear Callaway users,

Spin rate and launch angle are all results of that is caused by the golfer's occurrence. the driver do not have a live of its own and do not for one moment think that a particular setting will result in a certain result. the only consistent and predictable swing is generated from a swing robot.

for most mortals, there are more important considerations to note...

1. Head shape, MOI, and set up with the driver
2. total weight, shaft characteristic and flex 
3. the law of averages, using the worst shot to understand failure rather than the best shots to determine selection

many golfers have come in looking at a particular model that they are affix to but more than half have ended up with something that they did not consider. when you are being fitted, you will find out why.

Is there a difference? yes with better analysis facility and using the new Trackman IIIe, it makes fitting easier. instead of relying on your own instinct and hear-say, getting fitted is the best way forward, save time, save money in the long run.

when you are doing your swing analysis, look out for maximum height, attack angle, smash factor, launch angle and dynamic loft. they are significant in making choices. more important than spin rate, swing weight and club height speed for sure.

of course for those who flair better with their current equipment, we will also tell you so.

hope it helps........DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Just wanted to share that I have took out for a test drive this alpha with fubuki x flex for the past 2 days...it was awesome and jaw breaking on the ball flights and distance...
Setting more or less as Asahi....love it...
Back to top Go down
JasonG
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:37 pm

how much does the Alpha on fubuki z X flex cost at BFG?
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 10:13 am

JasonG wrote:
how much does the Alpha on fubuki z X flex cost at BFG?
Thanks.
Please call or PM DGman for the price....
Back to top Go down
BryanSiow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Anyone has a spare bba adaptor to sell?
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
audi

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 12:55 pm

actually the 2 things that matter are total weight and the cpm. find a shaft with your ideal cpm. the alpha stock shaft is too heavy for me, so i lost quite some distance. the cpm is ok, its just the weight of the shaft that bothers me. more effort to launch the ball.
Back to top Go down
superputt
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:13 pm

I heard this driver is on the low side on forgiveness.  I also tend to hit high on the face.   Could this driver work for me?
Back to top Go down
junyaoching
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:26 am

Anybody want to sell big Bertha 3 wood can pm me? Or wardroom me 91188790
Back to top Go down
revolver
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2015 10:08 pm

Dear all i am tend to have a high ball flight on my 815 bb 
Set it to N / S 
Weight 
1g on the toe 
7g on the heel ..
Using a diamana 60s ..
Please advise if i can do some setting ..
Thank you 
Best regards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!   Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Callaway Big Bertha & Big Bertha Alpha Fans - Fall in!
Page 1 of 1