Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)

Go down 
+4
bomby
Technospaz
nicasio
DGman
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) Empty
PostSubject: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:42 pm

The shaft that i have been waiting for a long time finally arrived today. we are lucky to get trials of them before the Japan Golf Show starting from 14 Feb.

The new J series have similar shaft profile to the Fubuki Alpha which was a tour favourite but commercially, golfers tends to find it a bit more body than the other Fubuki range. Now the Fubuki J is built with more "feel" in mind and from the specs, it has the pure mid-kick properties of the Alpha but the feel of the Diamana B.

The new Fubuki J features a proprietary Counter "Tsuba" weight which makes it very stable shaft and for especially great for the new range of driver heads which tend to be heavier than the conventional 200g driver weight or higher MOI heads.

without much ado, here's how the lineage of the Shuriken or Ninja Star is being expressed....simply classic and at a glance, its generally a piece of graphic art...

The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) 12306088933_a2aa4e0774_z

Available in 50 R, SR, S and X; 60 R, S and X; and 70 S and X

The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) 12305916705_f2dd327ac3_z

Selected shafts on demo at the Den from 5 Feb....10 days before the Japan Golf Show....worldwide shipping from 22 Feb.

The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) 12306089693_41cef8f755_z

Close up of the usual high quality finishes from Mitsubishi Rayon....

The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) 12306089143_d84c952bfa_z

Specs sheet available here...

Fubuki J specs sheet in Japanese

let me know if you have any questions.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 6:19 am

Nice....hope I can have one to try.....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 am

DGman, nice shots (as always). With torque being in the mid-higher range (3.5+), am I correct to say that this is intended for slower swing speeds and golfers with better/smoother transition? For folks like myself who believe that bashing the ball allows me to drive further, this may be a more tricky shaft too use?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:01 pm

the structure of the shaft with the firm butt is stable enough for all golfers. however the difference in the higher torque is meant to give the shaft a better and more responsive feel instead of feeling like you are using a bamboo rod.

it will fit both stronger and smoother players as well. getting the right weight and flex is essential.

one can also try out the shafts with their existing shafts to compare. thats the objective of having the demos for golfers to try Smile

DGman

Jason - the al cheapo 1.4 is a tad too noisy and slow but cannot complain when the 1.2 is 5 times the price
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 12:17 pm

WOW this is tempting..Am using the alpha now and is working very well for me at the moment on a SLDR head... 

When can we demo this?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 1:50 pm

DGman wrote:
the structure of the shaft with the firm butt is stable enough for all golfers. however the difference in the higher torque is meant to give the shaft a better and more responsive feel instead of feeling like you are using a bamboo rod.

it will fit both stronger and smoother players as well. getting the right weight and flex is essential.

one can also try out the shafts with their existing shafts to compare. thats the objective of having the demos for golfers to try Smile

DGman

Jason - the al cheapo 1.4 is a tad too noisy and slow but cannot complain when the 1.2 is 5 times the price

Must. Resist. Poison.

And the noise level on the 1.4 is not that bad. The 1.2 is better. I've tried it but I too agree that the price difference does not justify the additional benefits.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 2:04 pm

i think it does justify the price....the difference in the 2 lens are night and day....but thats just me cos i do a lot of close ups and it makes a world of difference. 

Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 2:08 pm

DGman wrote:
i think it does justify the price....the difference in the 2 lens are night and day....but thats just me cos i do a lot of close ups and it makes a world of difference. 

Smile

I now know who I can bother if I need to borrow a 1.2... and demo spanking new shafts Wink
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 7:23 pm

Technospaz wrote:
DGman wrote:

Smile

I now know who I can bother if I need to borrow a 1.2... and demo spanking new shafts Wink

You focus on the 1.2. 

Leave the demo shafts to me
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:47 am

asahi wrote:
You focus on the 1.2. 

Wah I also wanted to say this sia... HAHAHHAHHA
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:05 am

ZhiKang and Asahi, you focus on the Fubuki J cos i already have that on my XHot 2.0 Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:29 am

asahi wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
DGman wrote:

Smile

You focus on the 1.2. 

You focus on your xmms, leave the 1.2 and shafts to me.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 9:38 am

The first nos we view on the Fubuki J was more than encouraging.

Golfer came in to test the shaft, currently on a rombax 55g and he tried a J 50 S. 

Swing speed was in the +/- 95 range...spin rate was very good at 2300 to 2500 range. distance carried range from 210 to 220+ m and total was 230 to 240 meters. 

response on feel - better than good
response on dispersion - almost great except the shaft is new and tend to leak right
response on total height and distance - more than satisfactory

verdict - booked BB Alpha with Fubuki J 50S.

Smile
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:37 am

DGman wrote:
ZhiKang and Asahi, you focus on the Fubuki J cos i already have that on my XHot 2.0 Smile

Does that mean...... we get to... Wah bro Asahi, hosay liao when u wanna go down together? =P
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 11:36 pm

For those who have been waiting for the new Fubuki J, they have arrived. However as the Den is closed for a major refit, its business as usual from Monday 10 March.

thank you for your patience.

DGman
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:19 am

What can I say. Was fitted with the fubuki j 70x on my optiforce 440 a few weeks ago and I've gradually hit it straighter and further.
 I got on Trackman today and clocked my fastest speed of 111mph and carry of 260m. I played the world classic for the last 3 days and drove it as well as I've done in tournament golf for some time now.
Definitely worth a go when BFG opens it's doors again!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Justin you must be having a blast cos all i heard about the tournament so far was complaint Smile

great that the shaft is working well for you too.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 1:28 pm

DGman wrote:
Justin you must be having a blast cos all i heard about the tournament so far was complaint Smile

great that the shaft is working well for you too.

I did my best to survive Smile
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:01 pm

DGman wrote:

Boss,

How is this shaft compare with the Velix on Optiforce?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Ah Teck

You waiting for what? Mai tu liao!

Hmmm.....dunno if got demo to test boh. Hehe
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 10:09 am

I tried this fubuki J 60X....it is so smooth and stable...gain more distance with a good mid to high ball flight....
Awesome shaft...more dead straight ball flight now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)   The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Fubuki J - the heritage of the Alpha and the feel of the B (pcis)
Page 1 of 1