Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are your favourite JDM wedges?

Go down 
+9
flashpacker
golf_nut
matoonia
GolfGTI
righthook
andrew-golf
scottycollector
pocketace
angyongshen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

What are your favourite JDM wedges? Empty
PostSubject: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 8:35 am

Would like to understand a little more about all the hype around JDM wedges and why they command a higher price in the market.

If possible, please do share the list of wedges you like or end up gaming. How do they match up with the counter parts for the mass market or international line ups.

If there is any particular shop(s) or websites that offers a more competitive prices and a wide range of offerings on these; wedge heads only or built, that you would recommend.

TIA, looking forward to learn more from all the old birds.

Wishing all a happy new year ahead may more birdies/eagles/albatross come your way.

Regards
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 9:44 am

I've only used Ikasu raw forged wedges in the past
They shred my balls too much due to the raw finish and aggressive grooves

I've sold em and I'm happier with my Mizuno forged wedges now... Not quite JDM but gets the job done without shredding my balls up

I'm tempted on those RoMaro wedges though... Look sweet!
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:11 am

my goto place for jdm wedges is fairwaygolfusa.com

you can get customised jdm wedges for a reasonable price. The yururis are much much cheaper than elsewhere.

happy shopping! =)
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:22 am

@sc thanks, will check it out. JDM has its own interesting flare to the designs.

@pocketace was looking at the romaro as well especially the one that has the copper layer behind the grooves, iirc 2013 IS model. Other interesting models I find are the RC Dent back, WMF 06.

For myself, i am looking towards a more compact head with mid/high bounce config. Any recommendations are welcomed.
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:24 am

Wow... http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com/epon-210kgx-copper-wedges-p-61724.html this looks gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:25 am

i have tried many brands of JDM wedges

Yururi
Romaro
Honma
Miura
Miura Giken
Fourteen
Ikasu

and the list goes on

But i find myself going back to the trusty miuras and the grooves and bounce design is jus good

Romaro IS-Sole is also top for me as its easy to launch and also easy to chip because of the sole design

im not getting anymore Yururis as i find the bounce not suitable for me

Jus my feedback for sharing purposes
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:41 am

i've not had as much experience with jdm wedges as andrew. iv tried miura, fourteen, tourstage, prgr and honma

but i agree that miura is the best of the lot. honma is probably the most disappointing. high end price for a very average wedge. fourteen has a nice forged feel, but has a bit too much offset for my liking. Prgr and tourstage are great in terms of feel, but don't give as much bite as the miuras

iv actually been eyeing the yururi gekku for sometime. looks like it has a nice compact head. havent pulled the trigger cos i would prefer to see a sample in person to decide if it suits my eye.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 11:43 am

scottycollector wrote:
i've not had as much experience with jdm wedges as andrew. iv tried miura, fourteen, tourstage, prgr and honma

but i agree that miura is the best of the lot. honma is probably the most disappointing. high end price for a very average wedge. fourteen has a nice forged feel, but has a bit too much offset for my liking. Prgr and tourstage are great in terms of feel, but don't give as much bite as the miuras

iv actually been eyeing the yururi gekku for sometime. looks like it has a nice compact head. havent pulled the trigger cos i would prefer to see a sample in person to decide if it suits my eye.

Agree with the honma point. The ball just don't bite

i have 2 Gekku wedge heads to let u try if u like. Its the Rupas. Satin finish with the raw grooves

i don't use em cos of the bounce.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/product_info.php?products_id=3035
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Are the epon 210KGK copper wedges considered JDM?
Any one has sightings on them locally?

yururi gekku has nice mid/high bounce on them, where do you usually go shopping for these jdm wedges?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:31 pm

angyongshen wrote:

yururi gekku has nice mid/high bounce on them, where do you usually go shopping for these jdm wedges?

and oh yes

i used to own the Epon copper wedges

very nice bite. but i find them too bulky

i think Bigbanana14 has a 50 54 58

i sold em to him
Back to top Go down
angyongshen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
angyongshen

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 12:37 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
angyongshen wrote:

and oh yes

i used to own the Epon copper wedges

very nice bite. but i find them too bulky

i think Bigbanana14 has a 50 54 58

i sold em to him
Wah, nice. I guess he is having too much fun with it. Damn sexy, from the online reviews it seems that the copper plating from epon is quite quality and lasting. How I wish it will appear in the marketplace. However I think its best sold as a set, for me i only need one piece. 56/14, if possible please let me know where or how you got them. Can PM me also, if not convenient to post. Hope my heart can handle the price tag on this.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
scottycollector

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 4:02 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
scottycollector wrote:

Agree with the honma point. The ball just don't bite

i have 2 Gekku wedge heads to let u try if u like. Its the Rupas. Satin finish with the raw grooves

i don't use em cos of the bounce.

http://www.tourspecgolf.com/product_info.php?products_id=3035

Thanks Andrew for the kind offer. the Rupas is not suitable for me though. im not comfortable with teardrop-shaped wedges. which is why im considering the gekku raw
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Not fortunate enough to try that many different wedges. 

But just by browsing certain sites like tourspecgolf,  it is enough to get overdose. 

To share some of my wanted list
1.dwd
2.sdj
3 yamaha
4.crazy (not sure if they still make them)
Back to top Go down
GolfGTI
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 5:03 pm

so far my S-yard bold 56 has been disappointing.
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Sorry to dig up another old thread. If you have seen my earlier thread, I recently got myself a Bridgestone J40 dpc. In my first game with this new set, I broke my PB. Naturally I'm ecstatic and got smitten with JDM stuff.

I'm currently playing vokeys. How does JDM wedges compare to these?
Back to top Go down
righthook
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
righthook

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 7:22 pm

To start off...
Most vokey are cast wedges, unless you are gaming the cold forged. Most JDM wedges are forged Beer
Back to top Go down
golf_nut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
golf_nut

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 7:50 pm

Only Epon!
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 11:06 pm

Only Fourteen
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 10:50 am

Thks for all your feedback!

After doing some research, have shortlisted to Fourteen RM-12, Miura K Grind. Most likely will be Fourteen due to budget. While searching, I came across a 2015 Taka golf sale ad. The Fourteen RM12 was on sale for $120. Maybe I will wait for the sale this year to buy
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 11:38 am

It's cheaper to get a used one and it will not be some heartache when u hit a stone or see a very dry bunker.
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 7:23 pm

zodia is good. spin machine.
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 9:23 pm

matoonia wrote:

After doing some research, have shortlisted to Fourteen RM-12, Miura K Grind. Most likely will be Fourteen due to budget. While searching, I came across a 2015 Taka golf sale ad. The Fourteen RM12 was on sale for $120. Maybe I will wait for the sale this year to buy

You can also go for the Fourteen RM21 if it is cheap:cheers:
Back to top Go down
matoonia
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 10:47 am

flashpacker wrote:
matoonia wrote:

You can also go for the Fourteen RM21 if it is cheap:cheers:

Thks bro

Just bought the RM-12 at $120 at Isetan haha. But only left 58deg. RM-21 is at $150, but i preferred the RM-12

And got myself a used RM-12 too. Unfortunately the grip is Golf Pride and not Fourteen. Wonder where in SG can get the Fourteen grip?
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 3:30 pm

Can try rakuten for the grips
Back to top Go down
Golfish
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Golfish

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 5:56 pm

Epon the best... But won't last cos too soft haha
Think romaro is actually good and spins well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are your favourite JDM wedges?   What are your favourite JDM wedges? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite JDM wedges?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next