Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November

Go down 
+10
LinLauPeh
missmoon
joeytansh
JawereZ
Roystonnn
ChrisD
chemicalpro
Duval_S
daveaha
Technospaz
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November Empty
PostSubject: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Traffic is pretty heavy. Please take note. I drove in on Thursday afternoon and it took me 45 minutes to clear the SG/MY Main Link/Woodlands customs (some delay at SG customs but largely on the bridge, through the snaking road into MY customs and at the MY customs itself).

I think those who drove in today (Main Link and 2nd Link) also faced traffic. So, golfers, holiday-makers, JB-shoppers etc, please plan ahead for your journey into JB.

Hopefully the traffic isn't so bad on Saturday and Sunday (since many may have traveled back on Thursday/Friday) but it's best to be cautious nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:26 pm

Is it better to travel to Starhill using 1st link or 2nd link ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:31 pm

daveaha wrote:

If one take Woodlands aka 1st link, one has the chance to decide if need to U-turn if jam is bad...becos can see while on BKE....

On the other hand, with 2nd link, it is like going for green which is elevated...cannot see the situation unless after SG checkpoint and if there is , too late liao.

But since there is a game, be safe..go early...since it is 29th, I think should be safe goin into JB.....I think coming into SG after game mite be touchy

don mean to be wet blanket...but just speaking fm experience....
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:42 pm

Duval_S wrote:
daveaha wrote:

If one take Woodlands aka 1st link, one has the chance to decide if need to U-turn if jam is bad...becos can see while on BKE....

On the other hand, with 2nd link, it is like going for green which is elevated...cannot see the situation unless after SG checkpoint and if there is , too late liao.

But since there is a game, be safe..go early...since it is 29th, I think should be safe goin into JB.....I think coming into SG after game mite be touchy

Thanks for the info.

I think we have to be prepared for jam on our way return home to Singapore....
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 10:44 pm

oh no, Sunday surely jam after I come back from Legends Sad
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:04 pm

Yap, prepare to get stuck for hours. I maybe thinking of heading north instead of south after the Starhill game.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 am

starhill, i prefer using 1st link.
Previously i tried 2nd link but tink 1st link faster and cheaper.
2nd link passes many gantries wor.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:50 am

Agreeable with Roystonn, eventhough the jam is longer ...but its moving fast and also its cheaper ! worst case senario i've encounter is 45 mins on 1st link and 2.5hrs on 2nd link !

cheers,

jawerez
Back to top Go down
joeytansh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
joeytansh

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 12:57 am

Duval_S wrote:
daveaha wrote:

hello,

I can attest to the situation in 2nd link. I was stuck in the jam this morning, around 11am, on my way to Palm villa; for 1.5 hours.... argh
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
missmoon

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:05 am

1.5 hrs via 2nd link.. omg..
we spent like 45min to reach jb via woodlands causeway. thats 6am in the morning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
joeytansh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
joeytansh

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:10 am

yea man. but on the way back was smooth sailing. It was also around 11pm so no one at all on a Friday night.
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 1:45 am

Jam at 2nd link for 100m = jam at causeway for 500m... No matter what, Causeway will still be more efficient with many counters in operations. And it's definitely cheaper.

Will update you guys on the traffic condition when I come back later this afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 5:51 am

Onemotoring's cameras show relatively clear traffic at Woodlands and Tuas.

Go! Go! Go! Smile
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:25 pm

Sat morning 6am, clear and good.

Journey back to Sg at 3+pm, smooth.

Tomorrow's forecast by LLP: 10am-Jam, woule take abt 30-45 mins to clear. Superman
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:34 pm

Drivers, please take note.

One of our cars traveling from JB to SG was stopped by the traffic police today (en route back to SG). Traffic police are increasing their efforts because they know it's a long weekend, school hols etc and there are lots of SGians coming into Malaysia.

Please drive carefully, safely and follow traffic rules.
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
LinLauPeh

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:39 pm

To add on....

Reasons for the policemen to wait at the hunting ground:

- Never put on seat belts
- No right turn (turning right towards SHELL petrol kiosk direction at last traffic junction before reaching kastam)
- No left turn (turning left into kastam from the directions of pelangi towards SHELL petrol kiosk)

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Drivers, please take note.

One of our cars traveling from JB to SG was stopped by the traffic police today (en route back to SG). Traffic police are increasing their efforts because they know it's a long weekend, school hols etc and there are lots of SGians coming into Malaysia.

Please drive carefully, safely and follow traffic rules.

How much was the damage ?
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:10 am

I came back by 2nd link yesterday, 1½ hour jam at the JB side, smooth as silk on the SG side.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:25 am

daveaha wrote:
How much was the damage ?

RM40. No happy ending.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:26 am

No jam for us at causeway
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:27 am

chemicalpro wrote:
I came back by 2nd link yesterday, 1½ hour jam at the JB side, smooth as silk on the SG side.

Most of us came back by first link yesterday night. Smooth traffic on both side. Surprised with the MY clearance yesterday...
Back to top Go down
first_timerz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:31 am

sunny wrote:
No jam for us at causeway

Very Happy

same for us...

no jams...
Back to top Go down
chemicalpro
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
chemicalpro

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 am

Oh! Guess everyone else at 2nd link were expecting 1st link to jam Laughing

Well anyways, hope you guys enjoyed the long weekend and golfing Smile
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 am

stewpid mala mata..... tmd..... abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz...... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:47 am

Normally during long weekends 2nd link is worse than causeway. All the convoys to m'sia travel there as it is easier to wait and regroup if lost.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November   For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For those heading into JB over the weekend of 28-29 November
Page 1 of 1