Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course

Go down 
+6
TDO
18underPar
jurongtiger
ChrisD
antegg
Ponderosa Golf Resort JB
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponderosa Golf Resort JB
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Ponderosa Golf Resort JB

Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course Empty
PostSubject: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Hi Golfers,

How are you doing? Here we would like to share some tips to protect yourselves from the hot weather. Hopefully by following the tips you still can enjoy play under the sun! 

* Carry water bottle and always refill it at every opportunity to keep you hydrated.
* Begin drink before your game and continue drink for your entire round.
* Avoid sugary beverages that are full of caffeine.  Laughing 
* Also avoid alcohol during hot weather. Beer & liquor drink can contribute to dehydration.
* Always carry SPF sunblock and apply before your game. To protect your skin.
* Wear sunglasses. To protect your eyes from UV Rays    Cool 
* Wear a hat to protect from direct sun
* Take a cool shower before & after your round.
* Relax & enjoy yourselves. Move slowly if you can.  Very Happy 

Till then..

**(source: Google)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ponderosagolf.com
antegg
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
antegg

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks for your advice ......  Ermmm, I guess sometimes I drink too much water and end up wanna pee in the mid of the game ... Mad
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:14 pm

thanks, we definitely have a shortage of quality advice like what you just did above.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:29 pm

Coming from a guy that plays in 51C heat in the summer, I find a cooler box filled with ice and having a wet towel soaked in that cooler box very helpful.
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
18underPar

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:10 am

will definitely take some of that advice for rounds over in north america too, though i'm pretty sure the weather in vancouver is mild compared to what all of you are used to playing in!!

thanks for the info! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 9:04 am

* Carry water bottle and always refill it at every opportunity to keep you hydrated. - Does that all the time. 
* Begin drink before your game and continue drink for your entire round. - Do that but unlike other strenuous sports, I only take a mouthful or 2 before game as we don't perspire that much.
* Avoid sugary beverages that are full of caffeine.  Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course Icon_lol  - Every morning without coffee sure die. But not during the game.
* Also avoid alcohol during hot weather. Beer & liquor drink can contribute to dehydration. - Sometimes it's very refreshing, especially on a very hot day. A nice cool beer would be wonderful. But yes, follow up with 100plus to replenish the loss of perspiration.
* Always carry SPF sunblock and apply before your game. To protect your skin. - Have been trying to apply but when tee time is so early at 6.45am, there is no sun so end up not applying. But I have on the sleeves which leaves my face and hands unprotected. My wife now said my hands are so dark that it looks as if I am practicing "Iron Palms" kung fu. Very Happy  
* Wear sunglasses. To protect your eyes from UV Rays    Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course Icon_cool  - I have this inability to hit the ball properly if wearing a sunglass. But never mind, I have not been able to hit the ball properly without sunglass too.
* Wear a hat to protect from direct sun - Doing that. Sometimes I flip it the other way round to protect the back neck, depending on the sun's direction. 
* Take a cool shower before & after your round. - Before game No, after game confirm Yes.
* Relax & enjoy yourselves. Move slowly if you can. - Sure die if you do that in Poresia. All the other golfers would be breathing down your neck.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 3:47 pm

antegg wrote:
Thanks for your advice ......  Ermmm, I guess sometimes I drink too much water and end up wanna pee in the mid of the game ... Mad

During hot weather you dehydrate so much that you don't pee so
often. But after the game should not take cold shower immediately as our
body is still very warm, take luke warm shower instead. Because our body
can't adapter to sudden change of body temperature!

I always carry with me a 2litre Coleman container that can last me thru out the game. Must Sunglass and Cap! Yes!
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Tiramisu

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:10 pm

I prepared frozen drinking water and packed for my son besides his coleman.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 7:38 pm

I usually prepare a 800ml lemon honey in the freezer the night before the game and also a bottle of boiled water. This is normally enough to last one game.
 Very Happy  Beer 
Back to top Go down
Lizsam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 am

I like the thought of lemon honey how do you make it?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 12:04 pm

It's very tasty. Can be purchase in Singapore but more expensive. I think it's about $26- $30/bottle in 800ml bottle. It's much cheaper in JB. It's a syrup. Each bottle of syrup can fill about 15 - 18 bottles x 800ml of drinks depending on how much taster you want. I premixed the syrup about 1 day before the game and freeze it. But do not fill to the neck before putting in freezer. Allow about 10 to 15ml less as during freezing the syrup will force out the excess and spill over.  This  is my experience.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 3:17 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
Coming from a guy that plays in 51C heat in the summer, I find a cooler box filled with ice and having a wet towel soaked in that cooler box very helpful.

You play when the temperature is 51C? In the summertime I don't even dare to walk out much in the open. Unless of course very early in the morning...
Back to top Go down
Lizsam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Thank you where can you buy the syrup in Singapore, as I hardly go to JB, I get watered out and not so fond of Gatorade looking for an alternative
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:08 pm

Imm or supermarkets.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:59 pm

TDO wrote:
It's very tasty. Can be purchase in Singapore but more expensive. I think it's about $26- $30/bottle in 800ml bottle. It's much cheaper in JB. It's a syrup. Each bottle of syrup can fill about 15 - 18 bottles x 800ml of drinks depending on how much taster you want. I premixed the syrup about 1 day before the game and freeze it. But do not fill to the neck before putting in freezer. Allow about 10 to 15ml less as during freezing the syrup will force out the excess and spill over.  This  is my experience.  Very Happy

You can get them from Gelang Patah Coffee shop where we had dinner 1 lt size for RM15.00.. not sure now have not been there for a long period!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 5:57 pm

Wah! That's very cheap. My wife bought I think rm28. Not sure where she bought though.

Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course 20131223_184029_zps50469293

Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Be careful don't drink too much of Honey Lemon drink too much sweet syrup
may caused diabetic!! Plain water is the best it help neutralised your body toxin
and flush your kidney system!!
Back to top Go down
Lizsam
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 4:56 pm

Honey lemon lime sounds good.  I drink vitamin water  as too much water I just can't take. However I guess plain water is the best for you. Looking for an alternative
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course   Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips to Beat the Heat on The Golf Course
Page 1 of 1